Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

ML

Jul 22, 2019

Really great course! It was more challenging towards the end of it, but I enjoyed it and recommend it. I hope that my completing the course marked the start of my future as a game designer and maker.

951 - 970 of 970 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Ahmed A S R

Feb 09, 2017

A good start for learning game design and development

By Sumesh P

May 10, 2017

For the person who has no programming background, may find the week 4 project difficult.

By Alvaro M

May 24, 2016

Very basic introduction. Though it covers all the needed information it lacks of interesting content.

By Frank

Jan 04, 2016

Didactically I was a little disappointed since, as so often, allegedly innovative e-learning is based on a conventional transmission pedagogy, with the instructur delivering frontal-teaching-style lectures and the learner imitating the instructions. As a comparative novice in the field, I'm not sure that I am now able to apply independently what I imitated for the assignments. Scripting went right over my head.

Rhetorically, many of the lectures were preformulated written texts rattled off, sometimes quite fast, in spite of the complexity of some of the information. Where the instructor formulated freely, the excessive Uuuhms and "go ahead's" nearly drove me bonkers.

On the whole, a useful course, though.

By David C

Feb 24, 2016

Great course, although I would've liked a bit more emphasis on coding.

By Γιώργος Μ

Oct 29, 2016

3 stars because the lecturer is really good but talks a little bit fast so foreign students cant clearly understand what he means or get "lost" in the course. You will say "you can reduce the speed" but this would reduce the sound quality too.

By Christopher J

Dec 28, 2015

While I enjoyed the projects and found the instructor easy to follow and understand, I was disappointed in how little coding we did. The code walkthroughs were rushed and I barely learned enough to scratch the surface of some of the scripts we used in the basic projects. Since scripting is such a huge part of game development, I feel like there should have been more focus on it. Maybe a new term in each video or something?

And I understand that the course was only four weeks, which doesn't allow much time for deep scripting analysis, but maybe the course should be longer than four weeks.

Overall a fun class and I now have two games to show off to people.

By Nicholas D

Sep 26, 2016

Provided Unity scripts for projects don't work properly with newer versions of Unity. Quality of video recording is kind of crappy esp. audio. Most of the stuff learned in this course you'd be able to learn straight from the Unity tutorials anyway. Not recommended unless you absolutely need scheduled assignments in order to learn.

By Moe M

Nov 01, 2015

This was much less about the development of games as it was an intro to Unity. Furthermore, the assignments weren't graded on a timely basis, which left very room to collaborate and refine. Overall, I felt like I learned to follow a few basic things about Unity, nothing more.

By Chloe O

Jun 22, 2018

Don't waste your money. The course was too easy, and you could easily learn the same amount of material through Unity's free online tutorials. The instructor provided a few explanations of general game design concepts, but nothing you can't find through a quick YouTube search. Disappointing.

By Thiago d B

Aug 12, 2017

Fortunately for me, I have a solid background in programming. Had I not, I would have had no idea what was going on towards the end of this course. I didn't like the false sense of security given by the instructor when he said, after the first follow-along "congratulations, you are now a game developer".

I think there needs to be a LOT more teaching of programming fundamentals and C#. This feels more like a 'trial' of a real course than anything else, and it's a bit frustrating that I am, for the first time, paying for a 'specialisation', resulting in a negative experience.

By Camille C

Jun 15, 2017

This is probably powerful content but I am way too distracted by the monotone, poor picture quality and the numerous amounts of "uh"s and "um"s in the presentation.

By Matthew N

Oct 17, 2018

Bad rating is for lack of response to issues. Six days have elapsed and I have yet to hear from someone that runs the course to help me fix a problem. The problem: button does not work after replicating video with 100% accuracy. Probably a version issue, but again... no response from staff. I could understand waiting a couple days, but 6.... come on.

By Nelson M d C G

Jan 06, 2017

No allow to submit quiz

By Dr. D M

Feb 08, 2017

You cannot even complete the first quiz before they demand your $$$$ :P

By Oscar R

Jun 20, 2018

Boring as all hell

By Matt F

May 18, 2016

Teacher is boring. just learned programming from kahn academy and the teacher was excited to teach. this guy though.....PUT A LITTLE EFFORT IN!

By Abraham G

Nov 14, 2016

Hands-on instructions and a very practical knowledge. Thanks!

Nov 29, 2015

followed instructions to download twice waste of time both times still kept getting an error never got past this to continue with the course so didn't learn anything other than there is little support out there to resolve the problem i think because the course is not monitored or if it is well then more fool me! it would have been a good opportunity to explore this had it been possible to download Unity oh well those who can do those who can't resume their day to day life packing boxes.

By Jordão B

Oct 27, 2018

the course is outdated and with content that if you do not research much can not keep up because the software discussed has changed.