Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

AH

Nov 16, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

951 - 970 of 970 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Sumesh P

May 10, 2017

For the person who has no programming background, may find the week 4 project difficult.

By Alvaro M

May 24, 2016

Very basic introduction. Though it covers all the needed information it lacks of interesting content.

By Nguyen D T

Feb 22, 2016

Thanks for your course!

By Prashant P

Mar 02, 2016

Good for beginners. I am not sure if anyone who has designed even a small game in Unity will be interested in this course. I was quite bored and had to go through all the videos just to complete the assignment which cannot be completed if you don't go through all the videos which I think is the drawback for this course. But again, its for beginners. As for me, I am looking forward to interesting and in-depth topics to learn about. The specialization will hold no value if it doesn't pose any challenge to its pursuers.

By Marco T T C

Mar 26, 2016

It's a good, but timid, introduction to game development with Unity. It addresses many relevant game development concepts, like programming, collision detection and 3D coordinates. It course may be better appreciated if taken as part of a specialization.

By Frank

Jan 04, 2016

Didactically I was a little disappointed since, as so often, allegedly innovative e-learning is based on a conventional transmission pedagogy, with the instructur delivering frontal-teaching-style lectures and the learner imitating the instructions. As a comparative novice in the field, I'm not sure that I am now able to apply independently what I imitated for the assignments. Scripting went right over my head.

Rhetorically, many of the lectures were preformulated written texts rattled off, sometimes quite fast, in spite of the complexity of some of the information. Where the instructor formulated freely, the excessive Uuuhms and "go ahead's" nearly drove me bonkers.

On the whole, a useful course, though.

By Ash j

Aug 28, 2017

good for unity progarmmer

By Matthew N

Oct 17, 2018

Bad rating is for lack of response to issues. Six days have elapsed and I have yet to hear from someone that runs the course to help me fix a problem. The problem: button does not work after replicating video with 100% accuracy. Probably a version issue, but again... no response from staff. I could understand waiting a couple days, but 6.... come on.

By Camille C

Jun 15, 2017

This is probably powerful content but I am way too distracted by the monotone, poor picture quality and the numerous amounts of "uh"s and "um"s in the presentation.

By Chloe O

Jun 22, 2018

Don't waste your money. The course was too easy, and you could easily learn the same amount of material through Unity's free online tutorials. The instructor provided a few explanations of general game design concepts, but nothing you can't find through a quick YouTube search. Disappointing.

By Nicholas D

Sep 26, 2016

Provided Unity scripts for projects don't work properly with newer versions of Unity. Quality of video recording is kind of crappy esp. audio. Most of the stuff learned in this course you'd be able to learn straight from the Unity tutorials anyway. Not recommended unless you absolutely need scheduled assignments in order to learn.

By Thiago d B

Aug 12, 2017

Fortunately for me, I have a solid background in programming. Had I not, I would have had no idea what was going on towards the end of this course. I didn't like the false sense of security given by the instructor when he said, after the first follow-along "congratulations, you are now a game developer".

I think there needs to be a LOT more teaching of programming fundamentals and C#. This feels more like a 'trial' of a real course than anything else, and it's a bit frustrating that I am, for the first time, paying for a 'specialisation', resulting in a negative experience.

By Moe M

Nov 01, 2015

This was much less about the development of games as it was an intro to Unity. Furthermore, the assignments weren't graded on a timely basis, which left very room to collaborate and refine. Overall, I felt like I learned to follow a few basic things about Unity, nothing more.

By Jordão B

Oct 27, 2018

the course is outdated and with content that if you do not research much can not keep up because the software discussed has changed.

By Matt F

May 18, 2016

Teacher is boring. just learned programming from kahn academy and the teacher was excited to teach. this guy though.....PUT A LITTLE EFFORT IN!

By Dr. D M

Feb 08, 2017

You cannot even complete the first quiz before they demand your $$$$ :P

By Oscar R

Jun 20, 2018

Boring as all hell

By Abraham G

Nov 14, 2016

Hands-on instructions and a very practical knowledge. Thanks!

By Nelson M d C G

Jan 06, 2017

No allow to submit quiz

Nov 29, 2015

followed instructions to download twice waste of time both times still kept getting an error never got past this to continue with the course so didn't learn anything other than there is little support out there to resolve the problem i think because the course is not monitored or if it is well then more fool me! it would have been a good opportunity to explore this had it been possible to download Unity oh well those who can do those who can't resume their day to day life packing boxes.