Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG
Sep 29, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

ML
Jul 21, 2019

Really great course! It was more challenging towards the end of it, but I enjoyed it and recommend it. I hope that my completing the course marked the start of my future as a game designer and maker.

126 - 150 of 1,301 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Michael A C

May 14, 2016

This is an incredible first course in game design with Unity3D. The professor does a great job teaching the material with perfect sized lessons. The quizzes help reinforce the lessons topics while having a good depth of knowledge.

By Crystal W

Apr 6, 2016

It really helped me understand Unity 3D and feel more capable in using it to create simple games. I can't wait to see what the other courses in the specialization will teach me. The instructor is very clear and easy to follow.

By Shaurya A

Feb 29, 2016

Served as a perfect introduction for me to Unity and game development in general. Being a programmer, I need a rounded picture of the whole process and this course gave me exactly that without dwelling too much on programming.

By Robyn L

Dec 22, 2015

Amazing introduction to game development on Unity. The course used the latest build on Unity and taught me enough to feel confident experimenting with game development on my own. The videos are clear, concise, and valuable.

By Rafi u d

Dec 25, 2016

It was great opportunity of learning game development and designing process. I would like to recommend it highly to everyone who is interested in game development. It will boost your skills and concepts up to expert level.

By Ben B

Apr 18, 2016

For the price, I felt like I learnt a lot, and the way the learning was structured helped me learn quickly and efficiently. At the end of each week I was happy surprised how much work could be created in such a short time!

By ivor g

Oct 30, 2017

I didn't know anything about C# or unity before the course. I knew visual basic ans it's very similar but Unity was new to me and the course helped me find my way around it and got me into C# programming. Excellent stuff.

By Yeole A

Aug 4, 2020

Excellent course ! Good for beginners who want to learn unity interface and want some beginner friendly unity project. Brian Winn sir done the duty so nicely and have taken care of even small things for Game Development.

By Jonathan L

Feb 9, 2016

Really great introduction to game design in Unity. Would be nice to include a more detailed intro to C# as well, but I expect this to come in the follow up course. I would choose this over other online beginners courses.

By Shah R

Jul 11, 2020

I'm really thankful to Brian WInn sir for providing us with such an amazing course which surely introduced me to the amazing world of game development. I'm also thankful to Coursera for providing us with this platform.

By Sidharth P

It should have focused on programming more otherwise everything was taught was really awesome and I was able to quickly fetch everything. Really liked the way I was taught and learned a lot of things that I never knew.

By Samarth J

Oct 12, 2015

This is arguably the best tutorial on the internet for making games in Unity. It will provide a solid foundation upon which a student can expand his/her horizons in game development. This course has the right pace too.

By Lukasz K

Jan 27, 2016

Hi, I had fun doing this course :) Having some experience in using Unity3D my main intention was to consolidate my knowledge, but I also learned a lot practical hints, that makes using unity even more efficient. BR

By phoenix w

Feb 27, 2020

This course taught me the basic steps of making a game, I 've made up my mind about starting a career in game development after learning this course. I am very grateful that I had the chance to study this course!

By Zamhar I

Sep 5, 2016

Excellent course that provides the fundamentals of Game Development. By the end, you will be able to create basic games. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to learn the basics of developing games on Unity3D.

By Samin M

Jun 24, 2020

I learned the basics of unity and how games are made as well as C# programming without any prior knowledge in any of the above stated topics.Truly a good stepping stone for anyone wanting to be a game developer.

By Дмитрий Ч

Oct 5, 2016

Great course, I would like to compare it to unity tutorials, they might give you a better coding experience but this course gives you a deeper understanding of game creation process an a feeling of consistancy.

By Muhammad F I S

Aug 8, 2016

This course will be very help for me in my master track. Since I am doing master in this field so I want to study all the topic in more detail. Furthermore, the course is helpful for me in my career development.

By Samuel P

Jan 12, 2016

Amazing! I recommend it to all who want to simply be introduced into the complicated world of Game Development. The videos and your classmates are a tremendous help so make sure to interact with them frequently.

By Peter H

Jun 26, 2018

Loved it, well taught, lots of hands on.Only thing I miss is maybe an index, if there was a certain aspect from a previous video you are looking for it can be kind of hard to find search through all the videos.

By Joerg S

Dec 12, 2017

Great Intro course! Very motivating as you start right off with practicing the theory explained in the sessions. I watched another intro course on another MOOC platform but this one is just awesome. Thank you!

By Olivier V

Jul 8, 2016

A very interesting course of the basics of Game Development. Gives you plenty of luggage for further exploration. Clear instruction video's, fast pace but very understandable and lot's of fun! Thanks a lot!

By Jonathan L

Oct 6, 2020

The course itself was fantastic, I'd like to see more active engagement from Coursera though dealing with people offering full marks in exchange for being given full marks in the "discussion" tabs though.

By Kevin H

Jul 29, 2017

I enjoyed doing this course. It was flexible, and provided a lot of course content to help you learn. The course does introduce you a little bit to C# language programming to become more familiar with it.

By Afnan B

Jul 26, 2017

Coming from a background with no game development experience, this course proved to be ideal. Takes things from scratch and builds pace as you go while keeping in account minor details. Highly Recommended