Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

AH

Nov 16, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

776 - 800 of 969 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Siobhan S

Sep 12, 2019

Really organised and fun. Learnt a lot!

By Airn L

Aug 26, 2019

I really had fun and learned a ton in this course. I'd recommend using 2 monitors if possible and following along with the videos in Unity.

By Brian R v K

Sep 15, 2019

Introduction to Game Development was a practical introduction to game development using Unity3d. Outstanding!

By Kareem A H

Sep 15, 2019

I love this course i learned a lot

By Arijit

Oct 24, 2019

That was a really interesting course, and the way he explained different concepts was exceptional.

By Пираев Ш Ш

Oct 24, 2019

It is great!!!

By Skudaev E

Sep 19, 2019

That is an awesome course!) I finally have some basic game development and script writing skills and know how to make easy games. Everything is explained very good and is easy to understand for those who actually don't speak English as their mother language. I highly recommend this course, I'm sure you'll like it!

By Jim S

Sep 23, 2019

Instructions were clear and easy to follow

By Rozenfel'd R V

Sep 24, 2019

Отличный курс, все понятно и довольно просто :)

By Gavin

Sep 23, 2019

Really great instruction and the perfect introduction to Unity3d.

By Kendry G

By Elia G

Sep 30, 2019

It is an amazing course with all the meanings that the word holds .. I'm so happy that I did this course and I am so excited for the next one . All thanks for Michigan State University and especially to professor Brain Winn , thank you very much for this interesting and awesome course .

By Nuno P

Oct 01, 2019

Nice introduction course.

By Miguel A D

Oct 04, 2019

It was pretty helpful and straight forward But just like professor Brian said, it was hard fun!

By Anıl C

Oct 08, 2019

Great course for getting start to game development. Everything explained clearly.

By Wafa' B

Oct 31, 2019

Amazing introduction to developing games via Unity. I just wish we were given a "Quit Button" script.

By Ahmed W M

Nov 01, 2019

very amazing

By Shubhankar M

Oct 14, 2019

loved this course, really broadened my horizons on the thoughts about what goes on behind the game.

By Pavilonis E

Nov 05, 2019

Best course to start work with Unity and C# and understand programming language. Thanks professor Brian Winn. Can you make new level of this course? :)

By jeffrey

Nov 05, 2019

Great course! Fun, hands-on projects and informative lectures with walkthroughs.

By Joao S

Oct 21, 2019

Good introduction to start getting in contact with the game editor engine.

By Christina K

Nov 09, 2019

I really like this course. I learned lots of new stuff about unity i didint knew and also this course helped me with creating games aswell. I enjoyed it

By Surya N

Dec 26, 2018

The course is well-paced, and the projects are really interesting. Making each project is hands-on, and I think it gives you an intuitive feel for developing a basic game and using Unity proficiently.

By Michael M

Nov 09, 2018

Fantastic course, the only issue was not knowing what version of Unity the Professor was using at the beginning so I went down the line using the newest Unity version and after a crash erased my entire Week 3 project, I tried rebuilding but had compiling errors... then put it off as I did Week 4 but got to a point where I could not advance because my Unity version was too advanced to do what the Professor was doing so I read on the forums what version to get, and was then able complete Weeks 3 and 4 with Unity 5.5.6f1. Though it had some issues importing assets in both of the final two projects so there is probably a better version of Unity to use that what I guessed was the best. Anyways, besides some frustrating experiences with building the final two projects, I really think this was a great course. Just make sure to read in the forums and figure out what version of Unity to download and save your project often so you don't lose hours of work.

By andraž g

Nov 09, 2018

It was some work. But not to hard. The grading process was somewhat unfair. It only leaves you with two choices. 0 and 5points.