Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

AH

Nov 16, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

826 - 850 of 969 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Lucas L

Feb 17, 2016

We really need more coding on this one, perhaps half the time should be dedicated to actual coding. From creating environment grappling- hooks. As well as showing 2D gaming and how to work with Physics.

The UI and the Unity Walkthrough on everything from Objects to Particles and animation was really well done. And the Tutor is very good at describing the differences between things, as well as alternating how to create things.

By Alvaro M

Mar 22, 2016

Great course for introduce. Review the content of the four week.

By Henrik D

Jan 27, 2016

I think the course is good. I could've wished for some more engagement from the lecturer as it often felt like he was reading from a script, and I might as well have read the script myself. I also think the course was very slow paced and I finished all the projects in a week alongside my MSc-studies as well as working part-time, I wish the projects would've gone more in-depth for those students who wished to put in more hours into the course.

By Josua d V

Feb 17, 2016

The course was really enjoyable, I learned a great deal about game development and Unity 3D in general. I loved the practical approach and getting to know the ins and outs of Unity a lot better. The very last project was the only part I didn't learn as much from. Where going through the code wasn't really helpful - as it's so complicated to someone like me who is very new to C# and coding in general, but I understand it would take too much time to go in depth and that isn't really what the course is about.

Otherwise I had a fantastic experience and would definitely like to continue my learning with more courses similar to this! Thanks!

By Mateus B

Jul 10, 2017

This is a great course to learn the basic of Unity Engine. I was expecting a different approach on scripting, but it was very interesting anyway.

By Jalen V

May 15, 2017

This is exactly as it is titled: an "Introduction" to Game Development. I heavily emphasize "Introduction" because this course is designed to teach someone who knows nothing about Unity and Game Development and give them basic skills to continue learning. This course is well paced and does a good job of teaching students to understand why something is the way it is. I was slightly disappointing on the coding aspect of things, because you only really write a few simple lines of code, and then examine other things of code. However that was my expectation, others might not have seen it the way I saw it. Still, a course I would recommend to ANYONE interested in game development.

By Kelly

Feb 28, 2016

It was great to learn about Unity with step-by-step instruction. I think a little more code explanation would have been nice at the end (Like what an "!" meant before something...I figured it out, but it pulled me out of the lesson to have to look things up or wonder about them.) Very interesting stuff.

By Samuel I

May 02, 2017

Pretty good

By Alberto A d S J

Apr 25, 2017

Learning online was better then expected. Sometimes there was some hard tasks without all the hints, but searching for answers is a good way of learning. There forum isn´t very helpful though

By Cobus L r

May 17, 2017

While it did teach me a lot of what i wanted to know, I feel it spoon fed me too often with regards to the scripting components. Other than that it was tons of fun and I would definitely recommend it to some of my friends.

By Benjamin A G

May 02, 2017

Great learning experience! Beginners don't sweat it. Very good place to start with no prior experience.

By Mitja C

Mar 10, 2017

The course teaches you the basics in Unity game development. It shows you the most important things, from usage of game objects, prefabs, camera and UI. But I hoped that it would be more extensive, that it will cover more things. Also the Quiz questions and final assignments were too easy.

By Prudhvi R

Jul 01, 2018

Good .

Sep 21, 2016

The way He explains is Good But it would be cool if he also Explains Every small thing in Unity. But yeah ,Great Course for a beginner though.

By Brian S P J

May 26, 2018

Very good introduction to the process of game development/prototyping. Only wish the course spent more time on scripting, but there are plenty of other resources available (books, Unity documentation, etc) to help the beginning game developer with prior coding familiarity from being completely lost.

By Muhammad A A

Feb 15, 2017

Best course for the starter,

By Anindhya K

Jan 22, 2018

It is a great way to get introduced to the world of game making.

By Калиновская Е В

Apr 22, 2018

everything is good, but the guy which talks, looks in computer's screen and reads the text((

By Dave J

Jun 12, 2017

Well structured and presented. Clear to follow.

By Wayne

Feb 04, 2018

Loved it as a first time unity learner.

By Alon A

May 21, 2018

its a solid course but i find it lacking at the programming side, you learn a very small amount and than replace all the scripts with premade ones

By Shahzada S H

Nov 13, 2017

It is one of the best course I have ever seen. I love it as in this course basics are taught and there isn't much concern on coding. Great course for basic Game Dev Knowledge and basic experience

By Shipra A

Jun 30, 2018

Great Start for those who want to get introduction about game development using unity.

By ChristianK

May 30, 2018

It didn't go in depth/could've had more detail, but was overall quite ok

By Shree K S