Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

SG

Feb 07, 2016

Very great course. The instruction is spot on, allowing me to listen while I work without the need to actually watch the video. Definitely worth it for novices and even intermediate level developers.

851 - 875 of 969 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Ricardo G V

Aug 18, 2016

Introduction is much more than this course is, in my respectful opinion. When I read the information on the specialized program, I thought it was something more compact, more useful in the face of the video game industry.

However, this program of courses is rather a paltry touchdown, an insignificant approach. I think it should be underlined that it is a course for those who have never had any experience in videogames development.

Considering all this, is a great course. You have to be objective.

By Ahmed A

May 14, 2016

very good intro. to unity engine

By Jason D

Jul 01, 2016

Very informative and very hands-on. I enjoyed being in this course quite a lot.

By Ahsan M

Jun 28, 2016

Well this course is absolutely amazing, all the 3 projects were hard fun but week 4 was quite tough for me. Overall it's the best course to start learning Game Development.

By Seth L

Feb 17, 2016

It was pretty informative. Some things felt too rushed, but I definitely learned how to use the basics of Unity.

By Ben R

Nov 08, 2015

Very good introduction to Unity3d.

By Nilton C M C

Nov 01, 2015

Very informative, funny and practical.

By AKSHAY G

Jul 20, 2016

i liked and enjoyed very much but the discussion form is not good , i don't receive answers of my problems.

By Henrik D

Jan 27, 2016

I think the course is good. I could've wished for some more engagement from the lecturer as it often felt like he was reading from a script, and I might as well have read the script myself. I also think the course was very slow paced and I finished all the projects in a week alongside my MSc-studies as well as working part-time, I wish the projects would've gone more in-depth for those students who wished to put in more hours into the course.

By Josua d V

Feb 17, 2016

The course was really enjoyable, I learned a great deal about game development and Unity 3D in general. I loved the practical approach and getting to know the ins and outs of Unity a lot better. The very last project was the only part I didn't learn as much from. Where going through the code wasn't really helpful - as it's so complicated to someone like me who is very new to C# and coding in general, but I understand it would take too much time to go in depth and that isn't really what the course is about.

Otherwise I had a fantastic experience and would definitely like to continue my learning with more courses similar to this! Thanks!

By Ram K

Feb 13, 2016

Great course for learning the basics of Game Development and getting into the Unity 3D Game Engine.

Suggestion: The workload needs to be re organized, the first two weeks need little to no efforts while the last two weeks are more intense.

By Lucas L

Feb 17, 2016

We really need more coding on this one, perhaps half the time should be dedicated to actual coding. From creating environment grappling- hooks. As well as showing 2D gaming and how to work with Physics.

The UI and the Unity Walkthrough on everything from Objects to Particles and animation was really well done. And the Tutor is very good at describing the differences between things, as well as alternating how to create things.

By Siddharth A

Feb 10, 2016

Excellent course to get started with. Concise and fun lessons with really fun assignments. I do wish the quizzes were slightly more challenging/longer.

Would recommend, 8/10!

By Jasdeep S

Oct 06, 2015

Awesome teacher and awesome course.

By Manoj J

Dec 18, 2015

Well taught course. Thanks.

By Maurilio B d S F

Jul 09, 2018

Great Course!

By Mahmoud T E

Sep 24, 2016

nice course but needs more quizez in the middle

By Steven D H

Jun 07, 2016

Very interactive and extremely helpful.

By Sandeep S

Aug 12, 2016

Excellent introduction and good coverage as a start.

Thank you!

By Christopher E

Sep 09, 2016

Great class packed full of info! The videos were fully explanatory in what they hoped to achieve, instructing in the basics of Unity 3D. An overall well balanced introductory course, my only problem was with a broken link to an assignment. I had to get the specific course materials from another student because the download link didn't work for me. I was hoping for a Moderator/Admin to get back to my complaint, but after a few days a fellow student that had the problem previously was the one to help me out. 4/5 Stars. Be kind to your classmates, you'll learn a lot from them as well!

By Brian S P J

May 26, 2018

Very good introduction to the process of game development/prototyping. Only wish the course spent more time on scripting, but there are plenty of other resources available (books, Unity documentation, etc) to help the beginning game developer with prior coding familiarity from being completely lost.

By Muhammad A A

Feb 15, 2017

Best course for the starter,

By Samuel I

May 02, 2017

Pretty good

By Mitja C

Mar 10, 2017

The course teaches you the basics in Unity game development. It shows you the most important things, from usage of game objects, prefabs, camera and UI. But I hoped that it would be more extensive, that it will cover more things. Also the Quiz questions and final assignments were too easy.

By Prudhvi R