Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

SG

Feb 07, 2016

Very great course. The instruction is spot on, allowing me to listen while I work without the need to actually watch the video. Definitely worth it for novices and even intermediate level developers.

876 - 900 of 969 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Alberto A d S J

Apr 25, 2017

Learning online was better then expected. Sometimes there was some hard tasks without all the hints, but searching for answers is a good way of learning. There forum isn´t very helpful though

By Cobus L r

May 17, 2017

While it did teach me a lot of what i wanted to know, I feel it spoon fed me too often with regards to the scripting components. Other than that it was tons of fun and I would definitely recommend it to some of my friends.

By Benjamin A G

May 02, 2017

Great learning experience! Beginners don't sweat it. Very good place to start with no prior experience.

Sep 21, 2016

The way He explains is Good But it would be cool if he also Explains Every small thing in Unity. But yeah ,Great Course for a beginner though.

By Dave J

Jun 12, 2017

Well structured and presented. Clear to follow.

By Alon A

May 21, 2018

its a solid course but i find it lacking at the programming side, you learn a very small amount and than replace all the scripts with premade ones

By Wayne

Feb 04, 2018

Loved it as a first time unity learner.

By Shahzada S H

Nov 13, 2017

It is one of the best course I have ever seen. I love it as in this course basics are taught and there isn't much concern on coding. Great course for basic Game Dev Knowledge and basic experience

By Anindhya K

Jan 22, 2018

It is a great way to get introduced to the world of game making.

By Калиновская Е В

Apr 22, 2018

everything is good, but the guy which talks, looks in computer's screen and reads the text((

By Juan P P

Jan 02, 2017

Wounderful course. Congratulations!

By Carlos D P G

Oct 20, 2015

Good course, I learned a lot about Unity. However, I feel that it does not promote investigation by ourselves. Basically, the videos are the steps we need to do to complete one half of the assignment, and the other half is just about repeating those steps we were shown. Also, I expected a bit more depth in the scripts week, but I understand it's hard to add a lot of content for just a week. The course is still good, but maybe too easy.

By Julia d M R

Oct 13, 2015

Pretty good, just wish it had more time to focus more on programming for this free portion of it.

By Zimrri G

Dec 26, 2015

I learned a ton about game development! Fun course so far!

By Oskari N

Oct 21, 2015

Best unity tutorial I have seen.

By Jose D G

Oct 21, 2015

Love the projects and classes!, but i was expecting more interaction with the teacher due that we found some bugs in the content , we were able to solved using the forum, but i was expecting that the teacher step up

By 张明瑞

Jan 22, 2016

practical

By Robert G B J

Mar 26, 2017

I enjoyed the course, but I the scripting part was still mainly, "here's a script to add to the game, and then we'll look it over". There was very little scripting until the project, which really didn't require much scripting either.

I recommend adding more ACTUAL scripting, or a new section or course that discusses ACTUAL scripting.

Otherwise, I did find it informative. I have a lot more questions, but until I see the final course, I can't say whether they'll be addressed.

By Carlos M

Jan 17, 2016

The only thing that stands between the 5 and 4 stars evaluation of this course is the fact that assignments should have a broader range of grades for the peer review (like 0-2.5-5-7.5-10).

On all the rest, congratulations! It is a great course!

By Ryan B

Nov 02, 2017

Great course! Taught a variety of things that I needed to know to start on my Development journey. I just wish there was a bit more coding!

By Aaron K

Jun 27, 2017

This course could improve by including more succinct instructions on how to solve issues and challenges when the learners are left to finish their weekly projects. I found that there were too many incidences where I had to search through a lot of forums to find solutions to my issues.

By Pawel S

Nov 08, 2015

Great introduction into unity3d and game development.

By Ahmad H

Nov 16, 2015

Very good course.

By Luiz F R

Nov 12, 2015

Course very good. I learned a lot about architecture and game design with Unity .

By Tae H

Dec 02, 2015

The class started with great instruction and was easy to follow. Coming into week 4, the class sped up really quick and became a lot more difficult to manage.