Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG
Sep 29, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

AH
Nov 15, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

226 - 250 of 1,302 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Alec A

Oct 3, 2017

Very accurate and straight to the point!

I can say very proudly that I've learned Unity3D and the necessary skills to start a new specialization in Game Development.

By Alex B

Aug 7, 2017

Really nice tutor, explained everything and got very hyped for the continuance of the course. Very very little coding (which was a dissapointment of mine) Loved it!

By David J

Jan 10, 2017

I found that the course was an amazing beginning level course. Brian Winn was straight forward in what he was teaching us, and helped me get a good handle on Unity

By Anastasios P

Sep 9, 2016

A very thorough explanation to the concepts. I would like more challenges and an exercise section to practice what i've learned so far.This would be very important.

By Felipe M

Feb 24, 2016

This course can open our minds to a possible balance between Art and Programation, creating a light atmosphere that embrances all of us to put the projects to work.

By Deividas B

Oct 7, 2020

Good starting point for beginners Unity developers. As experienced developer myself, I didn't find much new information, but for starters - it's should be perfect.

By Abhishek a k

I learned so much from this course as I always wanted to learn game development.this course is must recommendation for everyone who is interested in game industry.

By Darwin T

Jan 13, 2018

Learned a lot on game development, very easy and nice introduction, content is polished and very organized, worth more than $62, very happy and satisfied customer.

By Nicole C

Apr 19, 2016

Tons of information in this course! I loved it! Very easy to understand even for an absolute beginner. I really enjoyed the instructor's style and the projects!

By Anisuzzaman K

May 15, 2016

As a newbie game developer, I find this course very helpful to know the basics of game development. The course materials were perfect for newbie learners like me.

By Pranav V

Aug 17, 2020

Awesome Course, the instructor is very knowledgeable and teaching method is very nice. I await enrolling another game development course taught by Prof. B. Winn.

By M S S

May 7, 2020

i really enjoyed the course, the instructor was very good and understandable. i have learned many new things and i can make simple games now. thanks to coursera.

By Onur E

Jan 28, 2017

The course is clear and to the point. There is enough detail to explain the concepts underlying game development, but not too much detail to overwhelm beginners.

By Μιχάλης Τ

Dec 29, 2016

A very well organised course, leading you through the understanding of the Unity 3D program, and helps you get the basic understanding of how game design works.

By Yuko Y

This course is very well organized. With three hands-on project, I was able to learn the basic of Unity platform. I can't wait to proceed next course. Thanks.

By Aliza H

Apr 23, 2020

This course is the great opportunity for all those who wants to developed the game but don;t have the idea what to do. So this course is very helpful for you.

By Akshay M

Jul 19, 2020

Very good course for beginners. Asset provided makes life much easier and interesting, we can use it for our later projects also. I would like to thank Brian

By Luis A T F

Feb 22, 2017

The course is a great introduction to video game development using Unity 3D.

Highly recommendable for those who love videogames and want to create their own.

By Rodrigo I

Nov 17, 2020

It's a nice starting point to learn more about Game Development, would've liked to have more programming experience with it. but again, good starting point.

By Nirina R

Feb 4, 2016

Outstanding. I'd never thought I'd be able to produce some results in such short time.

This course opened my eyes on many things. I'll love explore Unity 3D

By Andrew T

Dec 5, 2015

This course is great! I wish that we'd spent a little more time working on scripting, but otherwise I have no complaints! Great introduction to using Unity.

By Amvrosov A

Feb 15, 2016

This course give basic's of developing on unity3d. As a beginer developer i had lots of gaps in my knowledges about Unity3d. This course has filled them :)

By Vladimir N

May 31, 2017

It was a good starting point in game design with unity, which involved to study and make something different, to think different))) Great work. Thank you)

By Josh I

Aug 21, 2016

A great introduction to Unity and game development in general. Occasionally feels too "scripted" when watching the videos, but otherwise good. Thanks :)

By Lukas P

Oct 22, 2020

Truly great experience, Brian was great at explaining everything with the least words needed. I tried unity before this course and still learned a lot :)