Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG
Sep 29, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

AH
Nov 15, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

101 - 125 of 1,357 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Fey G

Dec 14, 2020

It was a good course!

I learn and I had a lot of fun.

The explanations were very good and I took my time to make notes on them.

feedback: I know it was an initial course, but I would have liked to write more code, however I learned a lot with the provided asasets.

Thank you!

By Kristjan U

Nov 2, 2020

It really is Introduction, mostly to tool Unity, but some concepts of game development as well. Good, well paced content. Easy to follow. Those who already have some experience will breeze through it and pick up some tips&tricks. Quizes are easy but assignments well-balanced.

By Bradley S

Jul 13, 2017

Good introduction to the subject, with thorough and understandable instruction.

My only criticism is that the next course in the program is going to be conceptual/creative, and I think a deeper delve into C# programming OR modeling in Blender/Maya/etc would be more beneficial.

By Miguel A

Nov 13, 2015

Great course!!! A lot of contents, but really well explained. You can feel that you are learining as you follow the lessons. Does not require any previous knowledge, but gives you a reallt good insight of what would it be to become a game developer. I totally recommend it.

By Chase E C

Jan 12, 2018

Learned alot about how to use unit. With my past programming experience I feel after I took this course I'm ready to try building my own game. But be ready to devote whole afternoons to getting one part of the UI to work on some projects, but its worth it all in the end.

By Justina V

Nov 17, 2020

Great course, was really fun. I just don't think it was necessary at all to touch C#, because i did not get a single thing in my head. Never had any experience with it. This course is great if you want to create some finished projects that you can add to your portfolio.

By Eddie F

May 8, 2017

I've learned so much from this course! The instructor did an amazing job explaining the basic understanding of unity such as game objects, animation, vfx and how to structuralize the game properly.

This is great for students who wants to pursue a gaming degree in unity!

By Bernhard H

Jan 31, 2016

The first course in this Specialization was very fulfilling and I've learned a lot in a short time, even though I had quite a bit of prior knowledge on some topics. The assignments were fitting and realistic, the instructor sympathic and the course was overall great.

By Greg A

Dec 12, 2016

I've been using and studying Unity on and off for a year, but every lesson of the course introduced some important pieces of knowledge. Brian was methodical and had a great way of making things clear. Even the quick view of C# helped me understand it better. Thanks!

By Isaac B

Feb 7, 2016

Fantastic course.

Brian takes a well-reasoned approach of introducing you into game-development through learning about the Unity editor first and then looking at how scripting can supplement and expand your abilities to create games. Well presented, and very useful.

By Robert B

Dec 7, 2015

The instructor did a great job of presenting new aspects of game development in Unity, week after week. The deadlines and assignments did a good job of reinforcing what I'd learned while still letting me to have the creativity to feel like I made the game 'my own'.

By henry h

Aug 23, 2020

First foray into game dev and Unity and I learned a lot! There were some instances where having an updated Unity version in the lecture would have mimicked better the new version I had, but had a good time. Good instructor who seems to like what he does. Thanks.

By Jaime C H

Oct 6, 2016

I really liked the course a lot! The information he gives you beside the course itself it's really useful in making your own games! and practicing by your own. I would be gladly doing this course again if i were in the position to want to learn gaming development!

By Alexandra

Oct 8, 2015

Thank you so much for this amazing course! It is very challenging, but at the same time very interesting! I like it also because the material is structured and the explanations are very clear even for the person who never had experience with the backend languages.

By Can B

Apr 18, 2017

This course is one of the best courses for begginner game developers who want to learn Unity3D as well as basic C#. The course content is well prepared and is taught step by step by the instructor. The assignments given at the end of each week are very educatory.

By Eduardo Y R

Sep 28, 2016

An awesome introduction to Unity! You will make two 3D games, utilizing tools like Player Controls, User Interface, Light, Collision, Music and Sounds, Camera and many more. Everything explained in a very practical and clear manner. I liked the teacher very much!

By Ghadi K

Nov 8, 2020

This is a great course that introduces you to Game Design & Development using Unity3D game engine. I do recommend this course for people who are interested in learning how to create games for iOS, Android, PlayStation, Xbox, Facebook, Web Browser Games, etc.

By Pavlov P

Mar 29, 2017

Полностью оправдывает вложенные средства. Курс читается быстро, ёмко, без лишней воды и лирических отступлений. Но при этом материал воспринимается легко. Даётся достаточное количество рекомендаций по дальнейшему развитию, а также ссылок на полезные ресурсы.

By Timothy G

Jul 27, 2020

Very informative course, Brian is clear and can explain the ideas of the course concisely. We took time and finished three projects all of which really built upon the previous. If you are looking for a C# course this is not it. It is more an intro to unity.

By André M

Mar 8, 2017

Excellent introduction to Unity's engine although I found it doesn't hurt to know a bit of engine and programming to really graps the basics and more from this course. Thanks for doing it continue with the rest modules of the Game Design and Development.

By John T M I

Aug 13, 2020

I loved this course as an introduction to game design and development. It has opened my eyes to what I would like to pursue in the future and has helped me reach that goal. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in a career in the game industry.

By Franco H

Oct 19, 2018

Excellent course. You'll learn the use of Unity3D in no time with this. I enjoyed the simple projects, makes it easy to understand everything.

The assets of these projects work fine on the latest version of Unity3D.

I had fun learning from this course :)

By Ian M

Dec 31, 2020

I come from a Game Design background and was just looking to freshen up on some Unity stuff. This seemed to do the trick. Some more programming would be nice to better understand how Unity handles C#, but this is an intro course so it's probably fine.

By Muhammad I A

Oct 4, 2017

Great course and great way to deliver any course. learned a lot and a perfect course for beginners looking to learn unity in a good way. one of the best ways to start learning a new thing for your life and future. Best of luck for new learners. :)

By Tomi P

Nov 22, 2016

Very well explaining different things of game development and how things work together. Also I liked the fact that he explained how to use Unity and different ways to do basically same thing i.e. not only using the one way but also alternative ways.