Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG
Sep 29, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

AH
Nov 15, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

176 - 200 of 1,308 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Karim D

Apr 20, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot, I now have some basic knowledge of Unity that I can build upon, I am excited to continue my learning journey! Brian Winn is a very good professor, thank you!

By István J

Feb 3, 2018

The Lesson plan was build up very nicely, it was coherent. The games what we made were a great start. I can suggest this course to anyone, who is interested a bit about Game Development.

By Sri R B V

Oct 14, 2015

Its a lot useful for people who want to learn how the development of games is done from the scratch. Few basic details are not concentrated well, but overall the course is very valuable.

By Alexander W

Jun 1, 2017

Basic but easy to understand and well written, no prior coding knowledge needed. If you are like and already know unity, this course will be a bit below you but I needed the refresher.

By Diogo F d O

Dec 17, 2016

The course is very good, its a great start for people that want to begin developing games, but don't know how. It motivated me to start other courses and put more effort on the subject.

By Peter S

Apr 29, 2016

Excellent course! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get into game development or game-orinted coding. It is also a really good introduction to Unity's interface and features.

By Andrew K

Mar 22, 2016

Great teaching. The code walk-throughs for the final few lessons were quite intense compared to the tempo throughout the rest of the course, although multiple viewings are encouraged.

By Rubén C G

Oct 18, 2015

The material provided is fantastic. After the first introduction week, you learn a lot how to use Unity. The last two weeks are intense due to the amount of information to assimilate.

By Simon J B

Mar 22, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyable course, lots of examples to work through and get you going making some basic games. A lot of room for creativity as well as well-structured and explained lessons.

By Erik K

Aug 16, 2016

Very good pace, sets you on a path to creating your own basic games using Unity in no time and also brushes upon scripting with C# which can make your games x times more interesting!

By Zixin Z

Mar 30, 2019

Amazing course with hand-on projects! It helped me to build my portfolio for game development master and introduce me to the world of game design. Thank you for this amazing course.

By Mostafa E

Mar 8, 2017

This course is a walk through most things in Unity3D, knowing Game concepts, and basic components to make a game. I strongly recommend this course to who want to start from scratch.

By Carlos H A

Nov 2, 2016

Hi, If you want to create your own videogame programming on unity, this is the first step to get it. Brian Winn is an excellent professor. This course covered all my expectations.

By jaceguai d m

Jun 24, 2016

Good course, really liked it, even if you are not a programer expert, or are a beginner, it's possible to do it.

Strongly recommend it to who wants to start in the Game Development.

By ilias t

Aug 18, 2020

Very Excellent Course, Thanks to this course and who made it I have the basics knowledge about unity interface and an idea about coding using C#, so I can develop myself later on.

By Jorge D d T

Jun 12, 2017

Curso muy bien diseñado, excelente profesor, el orden de aprendizaje es consecuente, permite explorar la herramienta y además expandir los conocimientos. Lo recomiendo totalmente.

By Jan D

Nov 27, 2016

Absolutely Great! Brian Winn is just amazingly concise and to the point, pragmatic, organized, exhaustive in every detail and alternative variation. A fantastic course. Thank you!

By Miguel P

Jul 28, 2020

It show what it says, is a good introduction to unity and game development, and you can continue studing whit them, in the specialization course that they have. Highly recomend!

By Muhammad S K

Aug 26, 2016

The special thing about this course is that it does not focus on theory only but also largely on practical work to make the student use to of unity3d's environment. Great Course!

By Heleen D

Mar 7, 2016

A very interesting and informative course. I really enjoyed furthering my knowledge of Unity. I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in learning how to make games.

By Kristopher C T

Jan 20, 2019

Really good, I wish there was some more coding as it was pretty basic in that respect, but the course gave me tools to streamline my workflow within the unity editor.

Cheers,

Kris

By santiago

Apr 23, 2020

Very good course, knew nothing about game developing. Now i can create a simple game without much help. Satisfied with the purchase, and will keep on with the specialization .

By Ramankar S C

Jun 28, 2020

What i can say about this course is that it's one of the best course for game dev out there if you are a beginner and have some previous knowledge of c or c++ then go with it.

By Ankur R

Nov 2, 2016

This is the first MOOC that I have completed. It gave me a brief insight of how games are made. The instructor is superb. I'll recommend this course. Thanks, coursera and MSU.

By Jayanth T

Oct 4, 2016

Fun course! The teacher was great at explaining concepts taught through this lecture! I would really recommend this course along with the other courses in this specialization!