Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

ML

Jul 22, 2019

Really great course! It was more challenging towards the end of it, but I enjoyed it and recommend it. I hope that my completing the course marked the start of my future as a game designer and maker.

926 - 950 of 960 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Ahmed F A H

Sep 30, 2019

Very nice course ,well presented , suitable for who wanna start in game development using unity engine and C#.

By Martin R

Oct 22, 2019

Enjoyed it. Good beginner course.

By Sumit K S

Oct 07, 2019

This is a great course for getting introduced to Unity and using some of its available features. You can think of the possibilities. But this course is not a programming course. You will not be taught how to do C# scripting. You will just explore Unity environment, which is worth the time.

By Sriram R

Oct 14, 2019

Great course, just that it is done with a much older version of Unity, but all the basics are covered. Felt more could have been done with the coding part for beginners but the course was well done within the time limit . Highly recommended for beginners

By Thiago G

Dec 17, 2015

The course introduces the student to the production of a game using Unity, but it lacks on programming focus.

By Miguel M V

Dec 23, 2015

I think this course is ok but it is not enough.

By Γιώργος Μ

Oct 29, 2016

3 stars because the lecturer is really good but talks a little bit fast so foreign students cant clearly understand what he means or get "lost" in the course. You will say "you can reduce the speed" but this would reduce the sound quality too.

By David C

Feb 24, 2016

Great course, although I would've liked a bit more emphasis on coding.

By Christopher J

Dec 28, 2015

While I enjoyed the projects and found the instructor easy to follow and understand, I was disappointed in how little coding we did. The code walkthroughs were rushed and I barely learned enough to scratch the surface of some of the scripts we used in the basic projects. Since scripting is such a huge part of game development, I feel like there should have been more focus on it. Maybe a new term in each video or something?

And I understand that the course was only four weeks, which doesn't allow much time for deep scripting analysis, but maybe the course should be longer than four weeks.

Overall a fun class and I now have two games to show off to people.

By Ahmed A S R

Feb 09, 2017

A good start for learning game design and development

By Chris D

Jun 07, 2018

Not bad, gets you started with the basics in Unity. However, i have done some beginner courses elsewhere and they have all started with an introduction to C# before moving on to using Unity. I find having a base knowledge of the language is a must if you want to succeed in the game industry, therefore i think this course could be better by teaching at least a rudimentary amount of C#. Otherwise the course is fine, it teaches you the basics of Unity which is expected from an introduction course.

By Kevin K

Oct 05, 2017

Course needs to be updated and the audio isn't great.

Jul 18, 2017

This class is a pretty good introduction to Unity, I just don't know that it is better than the free tutorials provided by Unity.

By WILLIAM E

Aug 21, 2017

Its ok but udemy has better courses for gamedevelopment

By Calin T

Jan 07, 2018

It does teach the basics of Unity, but it does not touch very much at all on the crux of game development - programming. I wish I got more opportunities to practice C# with Unity, but the only time I did was a little bit on the last week. The rest of the courses in the specialization also don't focus much on that aspect

By Sumesh P

May 10, 2017

For the person who has no programming background, may find the week 4 project difficult.

By Alvaro M

May 24, 2016

Very basic introduction. Though it covers all the needed information it lacks of interesting content.

By Nguyen D T

Feb 22, 2016

Thanks for your course!

By Prashant P

Mar 02, 2016

Good for beginners. I am not sure if anyone who has designed even a small game in Unity will be interested in this course. I was quite bored and had to go through all the videos just to complete the assignment which cannot be completed if you don't go through all the videos which I think is the drawback for this course. But again, its for beginners. As for me, I am looking forward to interesting and in-depth topics to learn about. The specialization will hold no value if it doesn't pose any challenge to its pursuers.

By Marco T T C

Mar 26, 2016

It's a good, but timid, introduction to game development with Unity. It addresses many relevant game development concepts, like programming, collision detection and 3D coordinates. It course may be better appreciated if taken as part of a specialization.

By Frank

Jan 04, 2016

Didactically I was a little disappointed since, as so often, allegedly innovative e-learning is based on a conventional transmission pedagogy, with the instructur delivering frontal-teaching-style lectures and the learner imitating the instructions. As a comparative novice in the field, I'm not sure that I am now able to apply independently what I imitated for the assignments. Scripting went right over my head.

Rhetorically, many of the lectures were preformulated written texts rattled off, sometimes quite fast, in spite of the complexity of some of the information. Where the instructor formulated freely, the excessive Uuuhms and "go ahead's" nearly drove me bonkers.

On the whole, a useful course, though.

By Ash j

Aug 28, 2017

good for unity progarmmer

By Matthew N

Oct 17, 2018

Bad rating is for lack of response to issues. Six days have elapsed and I have yet to hear from someone that runs the course to help me fix a problem. The problem: button does not work after replicating video with 100% accuracy. Probably a version issue, but again... no response from staff. I could understand waiting a couple days, but 6.... come on.

By Camille C

Jun 15, 2017

This is probably powerful content but I am way too distracted by the monotone, poor picture quality and the numerous amounts of "uh"s and "um"s in the presentation.

By Chloe O

Jun 22, 2018

Don't waste your money. The course was too easy, and you could easily learn the same amount of material through Unity's free online tutorials. The instructor provided a few explanations of general game design concepts, but nothing you can't find through a quick YouTube search. Disappointing.