Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

AH

Nov 16, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

101 - 125 of 1,251 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By André M

Mar 08, 2017

Excellent introduction to Unity's engine although I found it doesn't hurt to know a bit of engine and programming to really graps the basics and more from this course. Thanks for doing it continue with the rest modules of the Game Design and Development.

By John T M I

Aug 13, 2020

I loved this course as an introduction to game design and development. It has opened my eyes to what I would like to pursue in the future and has helped me reach that goal. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in a career in the game industry.

By Franco H

Oct 20, 2018

Excellent course. You'll learn the use of Unity3D in no time with this. I enjoyed the simple projects, makes it easy to understand everything.

The assets of these projects work fine on the latest version of Unity3D.

I had fun learning from this course :)

By Muhammad I A

Oct 05, 2017

Great course and great way to deliver any course. learned a lot and a perfect course for beginners looking to learn unity in a good way. one of the best ways to start learning a new thing for your life and future. Best of luck for new learners. :)

By Tomi P

Nov 22, 2016

Very well explaining different things of game development and how things work together. Also I liked the fact that he explained how to use Unity and different ways to do basically same thing i.e. not only using the one way but also alternative ways.

By Danilo A

Feb 18, 2020

The class gives a very good introduction to the Unity editor and following through it will give students an idea of where to start to create their own games. That being said, I was expecting more exposure to the scripting side of game development.

By Adhiesha J

Dec 14, 2015

An exceptional introduction to development in Unity that combines theoretical concepts in game design, with hands-on experience that enables development of a guided project, coupled with a comfortable introduction to Unity and its various tools.

By Marcelo A C

Dec 03, 2018

This game was everything I needed: a very hands-on introduction to Unity 3D, explaining many different tools and techniques and at the same time one introduction to 3D animation, physics engine and other important aspects that make up a game.

By Tanzir A S

Very Good. I liked the techniques of the instructor very much. His lectures and demonstrations are very meticulous. This course has helped me build a strong foundation in game development. looking forward to taking more courses about this.

By Tomaz C G

Jun 05, 2020

Excellent introduction to the Unity3D Engine! Peer review projects estimulate creative in improving the course's games. Could go a little more "hands- on" in the programming part, but does a good job without scaring away non-programmers.

By Federico A

Dec 31, 2018

It's my very first course on Game Development, and I was very satisfied with everything that I was able to make: a solar system simulation, a rolling ball game, and a shooter. Can't wait to take the other courses in this specialization!

By Isac d V O

Feb 03, 2016

This course is a brilliant introduction to game design. If you've got little or no experience in the area, or with Unity 3D, this is absolutely THE place to start. Congratulations to Professor Brian Winn and staff for the excellent work!

By Muhammad U S

Apr 12, 2020

Coming to this a person who had little to no knowledge about coding or game development in general, I learned a lot and plan to complete the entire specialization now. and the instructor and very precise and clear with his instructions.

By Ron C

Sep 03, 2017

Great course! Pacing was nice and the information was clear and easy to follow. I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking for a basic understanding of game development as well as those wanting to get started using Unity3D.

By Kristina M

May 17, 2016

This course was very informative and hands-on. I learned so much from watching the lectures, working on the assignments, and from the amazing community. I highly recommend this course for anyone that wants to start game development.

By hammad k

Jan 25, 2016

Very nice course covering the basics of game development using unity3d, very well arranged and step by step approach. Special thanks to the instructor (Brian Winn) who put his maximum sincere efforts to make this course great stuff.

By John E

Mar 10, 2016

I'm not done yet, but this course is amazing.

The instructions are well presented, the teacher paces the class properly and I'm actually learning useful information that will help me on my journey to become a 3D developer!

Thank you!

By Michael A C

May 15, 2016

This is an incredible first course in game design with Unity3D. The professor does a great job teaching the material with perfect sized lessons. The quizzes help reinforce the lessons topics while having a good depth of knowledge.

By Crystal W

Apr 07, 2016

It really helped me understand Unity 3D and feel more capable in using it to create simple games. I can't wait to see what the other courses in the specialization will teach me. The instructor is very clear and easy to follow.

By Shaurya A

Feb 29, 2016

Served as a perfect introduction for me to Unity and game development in general. Being a programmer, I need a rounded picture of the whole process and this course gave me exactly that without dwelling too much on programming.

By Robyn L

Dec 22, 2015

Amazing introduction to game development on Unity. The course used the latest build on Unity and taught me enough to feel confident experimenting with game development on my own. The videos are clear, concise, and valuable.

By Rafi u d

Dec 25, 2016

It was great opportunity of learning game development and designing process. I would like to recommend it highly to everyone who is interested in game development. It will boost your skills and concepts up to expert level.

By Ben B

Apr 18, 2016

For the price, I felt like I learnt a lot, and the way the learning was structured helped me learn quickly and efficiently. At the end of each week I was happy surprised how much work could be created in such a short time!

By ivor g

Oct 30, 2017

I didn't know anything about C# or unity before the course. I knew visual basic ans it's very similar but Unity was new to me and the course helped me find my way around it and got me into C# programming. Excellent stuff.

By Yeole A

Aug 04, 2020

Excellent course ! Good for beginners who want to learn unity interface and want some beginner friendly unity project. Brian Winn sir done the duty so nicely and have taken care of even small things for Game Development.