Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

AH

Nov 16, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

701 - 725 of 957 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Luca R S

May 11, 2017

This course is AMAZING! Brian's videos are very concise and spot on, giving you all the informations you need; should you need more, there's plenty of references to where to look for in your browser, making it an accessible experience to everybody.

Before taking it, I already had many hours of practice and coding in Unity, and I still learned a lot! I really recommend this course.

By Mateusz K

Dec 04, 2015

It's great opportunity to start thinking like game developer. It gives a lot of information and tips which helps start specialization.

By Antonio G D

Dec 21, 2015

Very interesting course. If you want to know the basics of Unity, is a great option to do.

By Diego R P P

Jun 13, 2016

It's a real good course with a great base for know where and how start your own project, this course allows you to build basic 2D and 3D games, with a little more effort you can build amazing things.

By Jun L

Mar 02, 2016

The lecturer is quite good and this course is very useful

By Kyle D H

Dec 23, 2015

I loved the course through every single lecture and assignment. I think the projects we worked on were a perfect introduction for people who had never worked in Unity before, and for an experienced Unity user (like me) they were a great way to touch up on the basics and even learn a few new ways to organize projects. I'd take this course again a thousand times over, and recommend it for anyone interested in getting into the game development industry, programmer or otherwise.

By René S K

Dec 20, 2015

Very good introduction to Unity3D.

By Alfred R

Oct 05, 2017

You'll definately learn a lot by taking this course.

By Eduardo M M

Dec 30, 2015

Awesome, I really love how it started and went to the final with ease with many topics covered. Unity is a great tool, and the teacher has a great method of speaking. The projects assigned to these cover the basics for making great games, from design to script. Can't wait to continue the legacy of game making courses. Thanks Coursera!

By André M

Mar 08, 2017

Excellent introduction to Unity's engine although I found it doesn't hurt to know a bit of engine and programming to really graps the basics and more from this course. Thanks for doing it continue with the rest modules of the Game Design and Development.

By Henry W

Dec 09, 2015

Best Course ever

By SHAH S H

Dec 30, 2016

Very much helpful course to head start in Game Development area

By Grace K

Apr 24, 2016

I've always loved video games, but knew nothing about game dev. I decided to take this Specialization because the dev courses focus on Unity, a good choice for indie development. The example projects are fun and Brian Winn is an excellent, clear, and likable instructor.

I'm a software engineer by trade, so customizing scripts was fun and easy for me, but it would probably be challenging for someone who has never programmed before.

By David A

Oct 09, 2015

Really good stuff

By Martin B

Jun 29, 2016

Really good intro to Unity and its basics accompanied with great lecturer.

By Mykhailo P

Jan 14, 2016

Great course!

By jawed

Jan 19, 2016

is excellent programme game development. but i need your help. i have problem download or installation of this unity 3d programme. please solve my problem i thanks for you.

your friend jawed

By Stephen J R

Jun 11, 2016

A

By Dimitrije P

Feb 12, 2016

Been waiting for a Unity course for a while and it's finally here!

Too bad there is no free option, so I am just following it without any grades.

By ahmed b

Aug 11, 2016

Awesome Mentor and comprehensive course

By Rommy B

Apr 05, 2016

great and didactic introduction!

By Jean-Scott D

Jan 22, 2016

Learned so much from this course, definitely knowledge I can use building games in the future.

By Nicholas D P

Jan 10, 2016

An excellent course, I have learned a considerable amount about Unity.

By Adam D

Feb 06, 2016

Whirlwind but strong introduction to the Unity platform

By Chase E C

Jan 12, 2018

Learned alot about how to use unit. With my past programming experience I feel after I took this course I'm ready to try building my own game. But be ready to devote whole afternoons to getting one part of the UI to work on some projects, but its worth it all in the end.