Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

AH

Nov 16, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

801 - 825 of 957 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Mahmoud T E

Sep 24, 2016

nice course but needs more quizez in the middle

By Jason D

Jul 01, 2016

Very informative and very hands-on. I enjoyed being in this course quite a lot.

By Sandeep S

Aug 12, 2016

Excellent introduction and good coverage as a start.

Thank you!

By Ricardo G V

Aug 18, 2016

Introduction is much more than this course is, in my respectful opinion. When I read the information on the specialized program, I thought it was something more compact, more useful in the face of the video game industry.

However, this program of courses is rather a paltry touchdown, an insignificant approach. I think it should be underlined that it is a course for those who have never had any experience in videogames development.

Considering all this, is a great course. You have to be objective.

By Ahmed A

May 14, 2016

very good intro. to unity engine

By Steven D H

Jun 07, 2016

Very interactive and extremely helpful.

By AKSHAY G

Jul 20, 2016

i liked and enjoyed very much but the discussion form is not good , i don't receive answers of my problems.

By Christopher E

Sep 09, 2016

Great class packed full of info! The videos were fully explanatory in what they hoped to achieve, instructing in the basics of Unity 3D. An overall well balanced introductory course, my only problem was with a broken link to an assignment. I had to get the specific course materials from another student because the download link didn't work for me. I was hoping for a Moderator/Admin to get back to my complaint, but after a few days a fellow student that had the problem previously was the one to help me out. 4/5 Stars. Be kind to your classmates, you'll learn a lot from them as well!

By Ben R

Nov 08, 2015

Very good introduction to Unity3d.

By Nilton C M C

Nov 01, 2015

Very informative, funny and practical.

By Julian D

Feb 04, 2016

Good examples and great video tutorials. The learning curve it's well balanced and the workshops are well structured according the lessons.

By Siddharth A

Feb 10, 2016

Excellent course to get started with. Concise and fun lessons with really fun assignments. I do wish the quizzes were slightly more challenging/longer.

Would recommend, 8/10!

By ahmed m h

Feb 20, 2016

great start for any one who would like to build his own game

By Aaron C

Jan 09, 2016

Great course overall, just an issue here or there, but great experience for the most part.

By 舒康林

Jun 08, 2018

It's a good start.

By Giovanni

Apr 11, 2016

Great course! It just has some small problems regarding scripts considering that most of them give some warning messages, due to the latest version of Unity which made some changes and deprecated some stuff.

I've also felt sorry discovering that I can submit the tests and the projects only if I purchase the certificate.

By وسن س

Jan 30, 2016

Great introductory course to Unity ! I wish that we worked more on scripting .

By Lucas L

Feb 17, 2016

We really need more coding on this one, perhaps half the time should be dedicated to actual coding. From creating environment grappling- hooks. As well as showing 2D gaming and how to work with Physics.

The UI and the Unity Walkthrough on everything from Objects to Particles and animation was really well done. And the Tutor is very good at describing the differences between things, as well as alternating how to create things.

By Alvaro M

Mar 22, 2016

Great course for introduce. Review the content of the four week.

By Henrik D

Jan 27, 2016

I think the course is good. I could've wished for some more engagement from the lecturer as it often felt like he was reading from a script, and I might as well have read the script myself. I also think the course was very slow paced and I finished all the projects in a week alongside my MSc-studies as well as working part-time, I wish the projects would've gone more in-depth for those students who wished to put in more hours into the course.

By Josua d V

Feb 17, 2016

The course was really enjoyable, I learned a great deal about game development and Unity 3D in general. I loved the practical approach and getting to know the ins and outs of Unity a lot better. The very last project was the only part I didn't learn as much from. Where going through the code wasn't really helpful - as it's so complicated to someone like me who is very new to C# and coding in general, but I understand it would take too much time to go in depth and that isn't really what the course is about.

Otherwise I had a fantastic experience and would definitely like to continue my learning with more courses similar to this! Thanks!

By Mateus B

Jul 10, 2017

This is a great course to learn the basic of Unity Engine. I was expecting a different approach on scripting, but it was very interesting anyway.

By Jalen V

May 15, 2017

This is exactly as it is titled: an "Introduction" to Game Development. I heavily emphasize "Introduction" because this course is designed to teach someone who knows nothing about Unity and Game Development and give them basic skills to continue learning. This course is well paced and does a good job of teaching students to understand why something is the way it is. I was slightly disappointing on the coding aspect of things, because you only really write a few simple lines of code, and then examine other things of code. However that was my expectation, others might not have seen it the way I saw it. Still, a course I would recommend to ANYONE interested in game development.

By Kelly

Feb 28, 2016

It was great to learn about Unity with step-by-step instruction. I think a little more code explanation would have been nice at the end (Like what an "!" meant before something...I figured it out, but it pulled me out of the lesson to have to look things up or wonder about them.) Very interesting stuff.

By Samuel I