Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

AH

Nov 16, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

876 - 900 of 957 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Aaron K

Jun 27, 2017

This course could improve by including more succinct instructions on how to solve issues and challenges when the learners are left to finish their weekly projects. I found that there were too many incidences where I had to search through a lot of forums to find solutions to my issues.

By Pawel S

Nov 08, 2015

Great introduction into unity3d and game development.

By Carlos D P G

Oct 20, 2015

Good course, I learned a lot about Unity. However, I feel that it does not promote investigation by ourselves. Basically, the videos are the steps we need to do to complete one half of the assignment, and the other half is just about repeating those steps we were shown. Also, I expected a bit more depth in the scripts week, but I understand it's hard to add a lot of content for just a week. The course is still good, but maybe too easy.

By Luiz F R

Nov 12, 2015

Course very good. I learned a lot about architecture and game design with Unity .

By Robert G B J

Mar 26, 2017

I enjoyed the course, but I the scripting part was still mainly, "here's a script to add to the game, and then we'll look it over". There was very little scripting until the project, which really didn't require much scripting either.

I recommend adding more ACTUAL scripting, or a new section or course that discusses ACTUAL scripting.

Otherwise, I did find it informative. I have a lot more questions, but until I see the final course, I can't say whether they'll be addressed.

By Carlos M

Jan 17, 2016

The only thing that stands between the 5 and 4 stars evaluation of this course is the fact that assignments should have a broader range of grades for the peer review (like 0-2.5-5-7.5-10).

On all the rest, congratulations! It is a great course!

By Maribeth D

Oct 14, 2015

This course is very good at explaining both how and why you would do things a certain way in Unity, something that is missing from most of the tutorials you can find out on the Internet. The professor explains concepts behind why you need to use certain components instead of just giving a list of things to match up to replicate the projects. I've rated it 4 out of 5 stars not based on the content, but because the response time, interaction, and feedback could be improved upon. The content is definitely 5 of 5. I took this during the first run of the course, so I'm sure that the course staff will improve on this in the future once they get a bit more used to running a MOOC on Coursera.

By Carlos V

Jun 12, 2016

Good Starter Course, will be Nice more Unity Examples

By Juan P P

Jan 02, 2017

Wounderful course. Congratulations!

By Sergey S

May 24, 2017

Very approachable introduction to Unity game development. Alas, video quality and sound quality is somewhat mediocre.

By Howard H

Oct 13, 2015

For beginners of video game development tool (Unity), this course is a great start. I think it would be even better if it can have maybe one or two more weeks for more example projects, and cover more about scripting, computer visual, imaging concepts etc.

By Jose D G

Oct 21, 2015

Love the projects and classes!, but i was expecting more interaction with the teacher due that we found some bugs in the content , we were able to solved using the forum, but i was expecting that the teacher step up

By Zimrri G

Dec 26, 2015

I learned a ton about game development! Fun course so far!

By Oskari N

Oct 21, 2015

Best unity tutorial I have seen.

By 张明瑞

Jan 22, 2016

practical

By Rahul S

Jul 12, 2016

This is a very introductory course meant for people having absolutely no background in 3D graphics or 3D game development. As a student with some experience in OpenGL and concepts like 3D transformation algorithms and whatnot, I believe that the course clearly delves into the making of the games rather than having deep insight into the algorithms required for that which is absolutely amazing and easy to understand for a starter. However if the course takers are expecting a deep insight into the 3D world and the mathematics behind that, you'll have to rely on other sources like books on Computer Graphics. However as an introductory course this clears the required concepts to a required extent.

By Gabriel S M

Mar 27, 2017

Excelent course for those starting from scract!

By Sridharan

Oct 19, 2016

A very useful course for beginners who have no knowledge of Unity. This is the best course to learn about the basics in the Unity and using the Interface. Scripting walk through was not enough. A few more exercises would have made it the best course

By John K

Jan 31, 2016

It was a great course.The topics were well understood and the techniques used to make the games are providing a good basis for further game dev learning (in unity)

By Filip D

Oct 22, 2015

Awesome Awesome ! You have to pay for quizes

Thank you a lot for the cource like this

By Manoj J

Dec 18, 2015

Well taught course. Thanks.

By Marc-André M

May 17, 2017

This course is wonderful, fast paced and engaging. The assignments are fun and make you feel like you are progressing. Maybe one challenge is that Unity is evolving very quickly and some of the material refers to deprecated Unity features. But as of Unity 5.6, you should still be able to get through the course with only minor tweaks. Having to search for solutions is something you'll need to do when you're working on Unity projects by yourself, so might as well get used to it. The forums are a great help.

By Jonathan M K

Jan 10, 2017

This is a strong start to game development using the Unity editor. This course covers the basics of game development from graphics to game programming using the C# programming language that the Unity editor uses. It opens the door for growth opportunities.

By Tony O

Dec 22, 2015

A very good intro, and everything works. I loved it

By Nicolas S

Feb 23, 2017

Great course! Congrats to the teacher!

It was clear and I learnt a lot!