Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

AH

Nov 16, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

901 - 925 of 958 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Alvaro M

Mar 22, 2016

Great course for introduce. Review the content of the four week.

By Kelly

Feb 28, 2016

It was great to learn about Unity with step-by-step instruction. I think a little more code explanation would have been nice at the end (Like what an "!" meant before something...I figured it out, but it pulled me out of the lesson to have to look things up or wonder about them.) Very interesting stuff.

By Ricardo G V

Aug 18, 2016

Introduction is much more than this course is, in my respectful opinion. When I read the information on the specialized program, I thought it was something more compact, more useful in the face of the video game industry.

However, this program of courses is rather a paltry touchdown, an insignificant approach. I think it should be underlined that it is a course for those who have never had any experience in videogames development.

Considering all this, is a great course. You have to be objective.

By Ahmed A

May 14, 2016

very good intro. to unity engine

By Jalen V

May 15, 2017

This is exactly as it is titled: an "Introduction" to Game Development. I heavily emphasize "Introduction" because this course is designed to teach someone who knows nothing about Unity and Game Development and give them basic skills to continue learning. This course is well paced and does a good job of teaching students to understand why something is the way it is. I was slightly disappointing on the coding aspect of things, because you only really write a few simple lines of code, and then examine other things of code. However that was my expectation, others might not have seen it the way I saw it. Still, a course I would recommend to ANYONE interested in game development.

By Jason D

Jul 01, 2016

Very informative and very hands-on. I enjoyed being in this course quite a lot.

Sep 21, 2016

The way He explains is Good But it would be cool if he also Explains Every small thing in Unity. But yeah ,Great Course for a beginner though.

By Mahmoud T E

Sep 24, 2016

nice course but needs more quizez in the middle

By Ahmad H Z

Jul 23, 2018

A very good introduction to game development, the instructor can deliver information to you easily and without troubling you with complex terms or delving too deep at this early stage. The only thing I wish I had had more in this course is more insight on scripting; the course only skims the subject and barely train you to write scripts, and depends on giving you scripts to explore it either with the instructor or on your own. But overall I really enjoyed my time going through this course and I recommend it to anyone beginning his journey to game development

By Stefan H

Aug 04, 2018

Good Introduction to Unity with useful examples and projects

By Tarek E

Aug 22, 2018

Great for beginners, but very slow for intermediate game developers and programmers.

By andraž g

Nov 09, 2018

It was some work. But not to hard. The grading process was somewhat unfair. It only leaves you with two choices. 0 and 5points.

By Michael M

Nov 09, 2018

Fantastic course, the only issue was not knowing what version of Unity the Professor was using at the beginning so I went down the line using the newest Unity version and after a crash erased my entire Week 3 project, I tried rebuilding but had compiling errors... then put it off as I did Week 4 but got to a point where I could not advance because my Unity version was too advanced to do what the Professor was doing so I read on the forums what version to get, and was then able complete Weeks 3 and 4 with Unity 5.5.6f1. Though it had some issues importing assets in both of the final two projects so there is probably a better version of Unity to use that what I guessed was the best. Anyways, besides some frustrating experiences with building the final two projects, I really think this was a great course. Just make sure to read in the forums and figure out what version of Unity to download and save your project often so you don't lose hours of work.

By Abdelmomen A S H

Oct 10, 2018

this course was very useful to me as beginner, but part of coding was very difficult and need more explanation.

By George S

Apr 18, 2019

informative

By Nigel M

Jun 20, 2019

I like it because we learn some cool stuff, but its hard to get in touch with others when we have questions is all.

By Mukund A

Jul 22, 2019

Coding could have been taught more

By Carlos I M B

Jul 24, 2019

My only concern is that the coding part was good, but if the student doesn't have any coding experience would be pretty hard to understand some of the content.

By MoNa M M

Aug 16, 2019

It's a great and helpful course to get started in game specialization but also there're some missing in the standards, i learned to do things but i don't know why or what is that mean. on general it's a good start with some researches ans more study.

By Mohamed H

Sep 02, 2019

the course was a very good way to start in unity and to be good with it's UI and other stuff like particles , animation ,camera , creating objects and this stuff but it's not good if you want programing and coding the course did not go in details in coding it's just scratch the surface of coding if you understand what i mean and this made me annoying and disappointed in the end of the course

By Elham P G

Sep 07, 2019

Overall very great course. Love the way everything is step by step however the version of the Unity worked on the videos is much older than current one. Don't let this put you off as it's not really going to effect your learning as such. My only complain was deadlines which are weekly and with me working 5 days a week, 10hrs a day I had to really push to watch all the lectures and do the assignments (projects) on time.

I will definitely continue with the remaining courses in relation to this one. Really enjoyed it and learn a lot!

By Adem P

Sep 10, 2019

Good introduction

By Ahmed F A H

Sep 30, 2019

Very nice course ,well presented , suitable for who wanna start in game development using unity engine and C#.

By Sumit K S

Oct 07, 2019

This is a great course for getting introduced to Unity and using some of its available features. You can think of the possibilities. But this course is not a programming course. You will not be taught how to do C# scripting. You will just explore Unity environment, which is worth the time.

By Vinícius T

Sep 23, 2019

Excellent course. The classes are very well organized and easy to follow. Although Unity has been updated since the course was recorded the resources are still valid. My only suggestion is to include exercises a bit more challenging that require the students to create more original projects rather than creating a "Level 2".