Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

SG

Feb 07, 2016

Very great course. The instruction is spot on, allowing me to listen while I work without the need to actually watch the video. Definitely worth it for novices and even intermediate level developers.

901 - 925 of 979 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Ram K

Feb 13, 2016

Great course for learning the basics of Game Development and getting into the Unity 3D Game Engine.

Suggestion: The workload needs to be re organized, the first two weeks need little to no efforts while the last two weeks are more intense.

By Martin R

Dec 19, 2015

Only hurdle was some downloaded assets that wouldn't work with the animator.

Well paced, clear, and easy to pick up.

By وسن س

Jan 30, 2016

Great introductory course to Unity ! I wish that we worked more on scripting .

By Mateus B

Jul 10, 2017

This is a great course to learn the basic of Unity Engine. I was expecting a different approach on scripting, but it was very interesting anyway.

By Siddharth A

Feb 10, 2016

Excellent course to get started with. Concise and fun lessons with really fun assignments. I do wish the quizzes were slightly more challenging/longer.

Would recommend, 8/10!

By 舒康林

Jun 08, 2018

It's a good start.

By ahmed m h

Feb 20, 2016

great start for any one who would like to build his own game

By Alvaro M

Mar 22, 2016

Great course for introduce. Review the content of the four week.

By Kelly

Feb 28, 2016

It was great to learn about Unity with step-by-step instruction. I think a little more code explanation would have been nice at the end (Like what an "!" meant before something...I figured it out, but it pulled me out of the lesson to have to look things up or wonder about them.) Very interesting stuff.

By Ricardo G V

Aug 18, 2016

Introduction is much more than this course is, in my respectful opinion. When I read the information on the specialized program, I thought it was something more compact, more useful in the face of the video game industry.

However, this program of courses is rather a paltry touchdown, an insignificant approach. I think it should be underlined that it is a course for those who have never had any experience in videogames development.

Considering all this, is a great course. You have to be objective.

By Ahmed A

May 14, 2016

very good intro. to unity engine

By Jalen V

May 15, 2017

This is exactly as it is titled: an "Introduction" to Game Development. I heavily emphasize "Introduction" because this course is designed to teach someone who knows nothing about Unity and Game Development and give them basic skills to continue learning. This course is well paced and does a good job of teaching students to understand why something is the way it is. I was slightly disappointing on the coding aspect of things, because you only really write a few simple lines of code, and then examine other things of code. However that was my expectation, others might not have seen it the way I saw it. Still, a course I would recommend to ANYONE interested in game development.

By Jason D

Jul 01, 2016

Very informative and very hands-on. I enjoyed being in this course quite a lot.

By Mahmoud T E

Sep 24, 2016

nice course but needs more quizez in the middle

By Ahmad H Z

Jul 23, 2018

A very good introduction to game development, the instructor can deliver information to you easily and without troubling you with complex terms or delving too deep at this early stage. The only thing I wish I had had more in this course is more insight on scripting; the course only skims the subject and barely train you to write scripts, and depends on giving you scripts to explore it either with the instructor or on your own. But overall I really enjoyed my time going through this course and I recommend it to anyone beginning his journey to game development

By Stefan H

Aug 04, 2018

Good Introduction to Unity with useful examples and projects

By Tarek E

Aug 22, 2018

Great for beginners, but very slow for intermediate game developers and programmers.

By andraž g

Nov 09, 2018

It was some work. But not to hard. The grading process was somewhat unfair. It only leaves you with two choices. 0 and 5points.

By Abdelmomen A S H

Oct 10, 2018

this course was very useful to me as beginner, but part of coding was very difficult and need more explanation.

By George S

Apr 18, 2019

informative

By Nigel M

Jun 20, 2019

I like it because we learn some cool stuff, but its hard to get in touch with others when we have questions is all.

By Mukund A

Jul 22, 2019

Coding could have been taught more

By Carlos I M B

Jul 24, 2019

My only concern is that the coding part was good, but if the student doesn't have any coding experience would be pretty hard to understand some of the content.

By MoNa M M

Aug 16, 2019

It's a great and helpful course to get started in game specialization but also there're some missing in the standards, i learned to do things but i don't know why or what is that mean. on general it's a good start with some researches ans more study.

By Issabella I

Oct 19, 2019

great course! It would've been better to go deeper into programming, and instead of just providing students with a ready code and explain it for them, it would be better to make them write the codes. Writing the codes yourself makes you understand them better, fix errors, and just have the code imprinted in your mind.