Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

ML

Jul 22, 2019

Really great course! It was more challenging towards the end of it, but I enjoyed it and recommend it. I hope that my completing the course marked the start of my future as a game designer and maker.

76 - 100 of 1,082 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Miguel A

Nov 14, 2015

Great course!!! A lot of contents, but really well explained. You can feel that you are learining as you follow the lessons. Does not require any previous knowledge, but gives you a reallt good insight of what would it be to become a game developer. I totally recommend it.

By Chase E C

Jan 12, 2018

Learned alot about how to use unit. With my past programming experience I feel after I took this course I'm ready to try building my own game. But be ready to devote whole afternoons to getting one part of the UI to work on some projects, but its worth it all in the end.

By Eddie F

May 08, 2017

I've learned so much from this course! The instructor did an amazing job explaining the basic understanding of unity such as game objects, animation, vfx and how to structuralize the game properly.

This is great for students who wants to pursue a gaming degree in unity!

By Bernhard H

Feb 01, 2016

The first course in this Specialization was very fulfilling and I've learned a lot in a short time, even though I had quite a bit of prior knowledge on some topics. The assignments were fitting and realistic, the instructor sympathic and the course was overall great.

By Greg A

Dec 13, 2016

I've been using and studying Unity on and off for a year, but every lesson of the course introduced some important pieces of knowledge. Brian was methodical and had a great way of making things clear. Even the quick view of C# helped me understand it better. Thanks!

By Isaac B

Feb 07, 2016

Fantastic course.

Brian takes a well-reasoned approach of introducing you into game-development through learning about the Unity editor first and then looking at how scripting can supplement and expand your abilities to create games. Well presented, and very useful.

By Robert B

Dec 07, 2015

The instructor did a great job of presenting new aspects of game development in Unity, week after week. The deadlines and assignments did a good job of reinforcing what I'd learned while still letting me to have the creativity to feel like I made the game 'my own'.

By Jaime C H

Oct 06, 2016

I really liked the course a lot! The information he gives you beside the course itself it's really useful in making your own games! and practicing by your own. I would be gladly doing this course again if i were in the position to want to learn gaming development!

By Alexandra

Oct 08, 2015

Thank you so much for this amazing course! It is very challenging, but at the same time very interesting! I like it also because the material is structured and the explanations are very clear even for the person who never had experience with the backend languages.

By Can B

Apr 18, 2017

This course is one of the best courses for begginner game developers who want to learn Unity3D as well as basic C#. The course content is well prepared and is taught step by step by the instructor. The assignments given at the end of each week are very educatory.

By Eduardo Y R

Sep 28, 2016

An awesome introduction to Unity! You will make two 3D games, utilizing tools like Player Controls, User Interface, Light, Collision, Music and Sounds, Camera and many more. Everything explained in a very practical and clear manner. I liked the teacher very much!

By Pavlov P

Mar 29, 2017

Полностью оправдывает вложенные средства. Курс читается быстро, ёмко, без лишней воды и лирических отступлений. Но при этом материал воспринимается легко. Даётся достаточное количество рекомендаций по дальнейшему развитию, а также ссылок на полезные ресурсы.

By André M

Mar 08, 2017

Excellent introduction to Unity's engine although I found it doesn't hurt to know a bit of engine and programming to really graps the basics and more from this course. Thanks for doing it continue with the rest modules of the Game Design and Development.

By Franco H

Oct 20, 2018

Excellent course. You'll learn the use of Unity3D in no time with this. I enjoyed the simple projects, makes it easy to understand everything.

The assets of these projects work fine on the latest version of Unity3D.

I had fun learning from this course :)

By Muhammad I A

Oct 05, 2017

Great course and great way to deliver any course. learned a lot and a perfect course for beginners looking to learn unity in a good way. one of the best ways to start learning a new thing for your life and future. Best of luck for new learners. :)

By Tomi P

Nov 22, 2016

Very well explaining different things of game development and how things work together. Also I liked the fact that he explained how to use Unity and different ways to do basically same thing i.e. not only using the one way but also alternative ways.

By Danilo A

Feb 18, 2020

The class gives a very good introduction to the Unity editor and following through it will give students an idea of where to start to create their own games. That being said, I was expecting more exposure to the scripting side of game development.

By Adhiesha J

Dec 14, 2015

An exceptional introduction to development in Unity that combines theoretical concepts in game design, with hands-on experience that enables development of a guided project, coupled with a comfortable introduction to Unity and its various tools.

By Marcelo A C

Dec 03, 2018

This game was everything I needed: a very hands-on introduction to Unity 3D, explaining many different tools and techniques and at the same time one introduction to 3D animation, physics engine and other important aspects that make up a game.

By Tanzir A S

Very Good. I liked the techniques of the instructor very much. His lectures and demonstrations are very meticulous. This course has helped me build a strong foundation in game development. looking forward to taking more courses about this.

By Tomaz C G

Jun 05, 2020

Excellent introduction to the Unity3D Engine! Peer review projects estimulate creative in improving the course's games. Could go a little more "hands- on" in the programming part, but does a good job without scaring away non-programmers.

By Federico A

Dec 31, 2018

It's my very first course on Game Development, and I was very satisfied with everything that I was able to make: a solar system simulation, a rolling ball game, and a shooter. Can't wait to take the other courses in this specialization!

By Isac d V O

Feb 03, 2016

This course is a brilliant introduction to game design. If you've got little or no experience in the area, or with Unity 3D, this is absolutely THE place to start. Congratulations to Professor Brian Winn and staff for the excellent work!

By Muhammad U S

Apr 12, 2020

Coming to this a person who had little to no knowledge about coding or game development in general, I learned a lot and plan to complete the entire specialization now. and the instructor and very precise and clear with his instructions.

By Ron C

Sep 03, 2017

Great course! Pacing was nice and the information was clear and easy to follow. I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking for a basic understanding of game development as well as those wanting to get started using Unity3D.