Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

ML

Jul 22, 2019

Really great course! It was more challenging towards the end of it, but I enjoyed it and recommend it. I hope that my completing the course marked the start of my future as a game designer and maker.

126 - 150 of 1,274 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By ivor g

Oct 30, 2017

I didn't know anything about C# or unity before the course. I knew visual basic ans it's very similar but Unity was new to me and the course helped me find my way around it and got me into C# programming. Excellent stuff.

By Yeole A

Aug 04, 2020

Excellent course ! Good for beginners who want to learn unity interface and want some beginner friendly unity project. Brian Winn sir done the duty so nicely and have taken care of even small things for Game Development.

By Jonathan L

Feb 09, 2016

Really great introduction to game design in Unity. Would be nice to include a more detailed intro to C# as well, but I expect this to come in the follow up course. I would choose this over other online beginners courses.

By Shah R

Jul 11, 2020

I'm really thankful to Brian WInn sir for providing us with such an amazing course which surely introduced me to the amazing world of game development. I'm also thankful to Coursera for providing us with this platform.

By Sidharth P

It should have focused on programming more otherwise everything was taught was really awesome and I was able to quickly fetch everything. Really liked the way I was taught and learned a lot of things that I never knew.

By Samarth J

Oct 12, 2015

This is arguably the best tutorial on the internet for making games in Unity. It will provide a solid foundation upon which a student can expand his/her horizons in game development. This course has the right pace too.

By Lukasz K

Jan 27, 2016

Hi, I had fun doing this course :) Having some experience in using Unity3D my main intention was to consolidate my knowledge, but I also learned a lot practical hints, that makes using unity even more efficient. BR

By phoenix w

Feb 27, 2020

This course taught me the basic steps of making a game, I 've made up my mind about starting a career in game development after learning this course. I am very grateful that I had the chance to study this course!

By Zamhar I

Sep 05, 2016

Excellent course that provides the fundamentals of Game Development. By the end, you will be able to create basic games. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to learn the basics of developing games on Unity3D.

By Samin M

Jun 24, 2020

I learned the basics of unity and how games are made as well as C# programming without any prior knowledge in any of the above stated topics.Truly a good stepping stone for anyone wanting to be a game developer.

By Дмитрий Ч

Oct 06, 2016

Great course, I would like to compare it to unity tutorials, they might give you a better coding experience but this course gives you a deeper understanding of game creation process an a feeling of consistancy.

By Muhammad F I S

Aug 08, 2016

This course will be very help for me in my master track. Since I am doing master in this field so I want to study all the topic in more detail. Furthermore, the course is helpful for me in my career development.

By Samuel P

Jan 12, 2016

Amazing! I recommend it to all who want to simply be introduced into the complicated world of Game Development. The videos and your classmates are a tremendous help so make sure to interact with them frequently.

By Peter H

Jun 26, 2018

Loved it, well taught, lots of hands on.Only thing I miss is maybe an index, if there was a certain aspect from a previous video you are looking for it can be kind of hard to find search through all the videos.

By Joerg S

Dec 12, 2017

Great Intro course! Very motivating as you start right off with practicing the theory explained in the sessions. I watched another intro course on another MOOC platform but this one is just awesome. Thank you!

By Olivier V

Jul 08, 2016

A very interesting course of the basics of Game Development. Gives you plenty of luggage for further exploration. Clear instruction video's, fast pace but very understandable and lot's of fun! Thanks a lot!

By Jonathan L

Oct 06, 2020

The course itself was fantastic, I'd like to see more active engagement from Coursera though dealing with people offering full marks in exchange for being given full marks in the "discussion" tabs though.

By Kevin H

Jul 29, 2017

I enjoyed doing this course. It was flexible, and provided a lot of course content to help you learn. The course does introduce you a little bit to C# language programming to become more familiar with it.

By Afnan B

Jul 26, 2017

Coming from a background with no game development experience, this course proved to be ideal. Takes things from scratch and builds pace as you go while keeping in account minor details. Highly Recommended

By Farouk L

Jun 12, 2017

One Hell of a Course !! I wasn't sure if game development is what i want to do but now i am certain that it the coolest thing ever thanks to this Great Course <3 ONE DAY u well hear of my successes people

By Vikramaditya P S

Jul 23, 2020

I really liked the way the course was structured how each project was video-guided but in the end, gave you the chance to use your own creativity and imagination to change and modify what you just made.

By Kim J

Apr 06, 2019

I have learned the essential part of game programming. It was fun, and a little bit challenging, but I enjoyed that. The teacher's teaching skill is brilliant, and the course material is right either.

By Diego R P P

Jun 13, 2016

It's a real good course with a great base for know where and how start your own project, this course allows you to build basic 2D and 3D games, with a little more effort you can build amazing things.

By Xiao L

Jun 24, 2019

Quick and simple. It's my first experience with Unity3D and it seems like a great start since the level is just right for beginners. Would recommend it to anyone who wants to start with game design.

By jorge f s

Aug 30, 2020

One of the best courses I've ever taken. Very well explained, very well organized and besides teaching how to use the tools, they provide valuable tips to keep the project as organized as possible.