Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

ML

Jul 22, 2019

Really great course! It was more challenging towards the end of it, but I enjoyed it and recommend it. I hope that my completing the course marked the start of my future as a game designer and maker.

151 - 175 of 1,276 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Somendra M

Jun 27, 2016

The tutorials are so simple and so useful for the beginners who doesn't know much about any software development. The projects are also very basic for us for starting. I would rate it 5/5 for this.

By Maria

Jul 11, 2018

Course mostly concentrates on getting familiar with Unity 3D game engine. It's a basic course for those who has never made any games before and wants to get some expirience. Instructor is amazing.

By Timothy V

Nov 01, 2015

Great start for someone that has an understanding of computers and basic programming, but wants to get started in video game development. Didn't know anything about Unity or game design to begin.

By Samuel P

Sep 14, 2020

Muy buen curso para iniciar en el mundo de crear juegos con unity, si estas familiarizado con el lenguaje C# es incluso mejor, pero no es indispensable ya que te guian en todo momento. Excelente.

By Vishnu K (

Aug 26, 2020

Very nice course for a beginner in game development. Faced a lots of issues due to having a new version of unity installed. But the discussion forum was very helpful.

Thanks a lot for this course

By Hem S A P

Aug 18, 2020

The first ever Game Development course that I was actually engaged throughout and saw the end of it. I know it's just the beginning, but I'm happy I was able to complete it without any obstacles.

By Ruslan N

Jan 12, 2016

Very detailed and well-explained course. Thank you very much for teaching me the valuable concepts in Unity and game design. I highly recommend it for anyone, even if you are not a game designer.

By Nicolás F

Dec 15, 2019

Nice introduction to the endless possibilities that Unity 3D offers. Also a nice way of understanding the huge amount of work that making games takes, building on the great concept of "hard fun"

By Zayn A

Mar 15, 2018

Excellent course! Not only does this teach scripting, but it also teaches us how to apply programming skills into something fun and enjoyable. A course for any programming fanatic! Zayn- aged 13

By Michal F

Jan 06, 2016

This course provides exactly what it promises - introduction in quite easy pace to grasp ideas of game development and practice using Unity3D platform. It is professionally designed. Good stuff.

By Hernan C

Feb 17, 2016

This course shows a good introduction to game development. The instructor goes to the point without losing track. It's my first online course for game development, and this gives me good hopes.

By Mukund V

Apr 11, 2016

Perfect introduction to game development. Does not delve into a lot of theory and instead focuses on the making of games. I really think this helps motivate learners better. Great instructor!

By jawed

Jan 19, 2016

is excellent programme game development. but i need your help. i have problem download or installation of this unity 3d programme. please solve my problem i thanks for you.

your friend jawed

By Vaibhav K

Apr 21, 2020

Amazing course to get started with Game development in Unity and C#, very easy to understand. Advised to take C# class separately after this course as it's not very extensive in this course.

By Sushma B

Jul 09, 2018

It is a very good course for beginners. All the things are explained very nicely.I seriously recommend all to take up this course if you have just started up with unity and game development.

By Nate L

Feb 28, 2016

Professor makes the complicated process easier with his detailed lecture. This course is really great for beginners to learn how to make games and the concepts of games. Thank you professor!

By Shannon S

Oct 12, 2015

Loved the course, although it could have been a couple of weeks longer to provider longer time to absorb the more complex material. Many thanks to Brian Winn for making it hard fun to learn!

By Amin R

Sep 26, 2015

Awesome! :)

Covers all you need to be introduced to Game development basic concepts

and also experience using this knowledge in projects and assignments.

thanks Mr.Winn, coursera and spartans!

By Omar K

Jun 01, 2020

This course was simply stunning in many ways, Dr.Brian offered a great way in teaching and instructing us through this course, and I would like to personally thank him for a job well done!

By Karim D

Apr 20, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot, I now have some basic knowledge of Unity that I can build upon, I am excited to continue my learning journey! Brian Winn is a very good professor, thank you!

By István J

Feb 03, 2018

The Lesson plan was build up very nicely, it was coherent. The games what we made were a great start. I can suggest this course to anyone, who is interested a bit about Game Development.

By Sri R B V

Oct 15, 2015

Its a lot useful for people who want to learn how the development of games is done from the scratch. Few basic details are not concentrated well, but overall the course is very valuable.

By Alexander W

Jun 01, 2017

Basic but easy to understand and well written, no prior coding knowledge needed. If you are like and already know unity, this course will be a bit below you but I needed the refresher.

By Diogo F d O

Dec 17, 2016

The course is very good, its a great start for people that want to begin developing games, but don't know how. It motivated me to start other courses and put more effort on the subject.

By Peter S

Apr 29, 2016

Excellent course! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get into game development or game-orinted coding. It is also a really good introduction to Unity's interface and features.