Back to Introduction to Game Development

KG

Sep 30, 2019

Great course, got to learn and understand good things about developing games in general and particularly in Unity. I highly suggest it for someone who has no experience whatsoever at game development.

ML

Jul 22, 2019

Really great course! It was more challenging towards the end of it, but I enjoyed it and recommend it. I hope that my completing the course marked the start of my future as a game designer and maker.

176 - 200 of 1,276 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Andrew K

Mar 22, 2016

Great teaching. The code walk-throughs for the final few lessons were quite intense compared to the tempo throughout the rest of the course, although multiple viewings are encouraged.

By Rubén C G

Oct 18, 2015

The material provided is fantastic. After the first introduction week, you learn a lot how to use Unity. The last two weeks are intense due to the amount of information to assimilate.

By Simon J B

Mar 22, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyable course, lots of examples to work through and get you going making some basic games. A lot of room for creativity as well as well-structured and explained lessons.

By Erik K

Aug 16, 2016

Very good pace, sets you on a path to creating your own basic games using Unity in no time and also brushes upon scripting with C# which can make your games x times more interesting!

By Zixin Z

Mar 30, 2019

Amazing course with hand-on projects! It helped me to build my portfolio for game development master and introduce me to the world of game design. Thank you for this amazing course.

By Mostafa E

Mar 08, 2017

This course is a walk through most things in Unity3D, knowing Game concepts, and basic components to make a game. I strongly recommend this course to who want to start from scratch.

By Carlos H A

Nov 03, 2016

Hi, If you want to create your own videogame programming on unity, this is the first step to get it. Brian Winn is an excellent professor. This course covered all my expectations.

By jaceguai d m

Jun 24, 2016

Good course, really liked it, even if you are not a programer expert, or are a beginner, it's possible to do it.

Strongly recommend it to who wants to start in the Game Development.

By ilias t

Aug 18, 2020

Very Excellent Course, Thanks to this course and who made it I have the basics knowledge about unity interface and an idea about coding using C#, so I can develop myself later on.

By Jorge D d T

Jun 12, 2017

Curso muy bien diseñado, excelente profesor, el orden de aprendizaje es consecuente, permite explorar la herramienta y además expandir los conocimientos. Lo recomiendo totalmente.

By Jan D

Nov 27, 2016

Absolutely Great! Brian Winn is just amazingly concise and to the point, pragmatic, organized, exhaustive in every detail and alternative variation. A fantastic course. Thank you!

By Miguel P

Jul 28, 2020

It show what it says, is a good introduction to unity and game development, and you can continue studing whit them, in the specialization course that they have. Highly recomend!

By Muhammad S K

Aug 26, 2016

The special thing about this course is that it does not focus on theory only but also largely on practical work to make the student use to of unity3d's environment. Great Course!

By Heleen D

Mar 07, 2016

A very interesting and informative course. I really enjoyed furthering my knowledge of Unity. I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in learning how to make games.

By Kristopher C T

Jan 20, 2019

Really good, I wish there was some more coding as it was pretty basic in that respect, but the course gave me tools to streamline my workflow within the unity editor.

Cheers,

Kris

By santiago

Apr 23, 2020

Very good course, knew nothing about game developing. Now i can create a simple game without much help. Satisfied with the purchase, and will keep on with the specialization .

By Ramankar S C

Jun 28, 2020

What i can say about this course is that it's one of the best course for game dev out there if you are a beginner and have some previous knowledge of c or c++ then go with it.

By Ankur R

Nov 02, 2016

This is the first MOOC that I have completed. It gave me a brief insight of how games are made. The instructor is superb. I'll recommend this course. Thanks, coursera and MSU.

By Jayanth T

Oct 04, 2016

Fun course! The teacher was great at explaining concepts taught through this lecture! I would really recommend this course along with the other courses in this specialization!

By Aashwin K

Jul 27, 2017

Everything explained professionally, and while taking the course, it felt as if I was getting a personal lecture from Brian. I'll look forward to applying in this university.

By Kulbhushan

Mar 12, 2017

This is the best course for a beginner to start working with Unity3D. The instructor had explained the concepts in a simple and precise manner. Thanks for this great course.

By Mousa M

Jan 10, 2016

I learned a lot. Before taking this course, the word "Game Engine" was a scary term and I though it's only for the very professionals. Now I see everyone can easily use them.

By Derhach A

Excellent course for everyone who's interested in game development. It doesn't matter if you are a newcomer or have some experience, you do find some interesting information

By Kingsley k

Feb 20, 2020

although i found the learning curve somewhat steep, this course helped me learn unity and C# literally from the scratch. It's a great course. i will recommend it right away

By Jannis F

Oct 28, 2016

The course gave a cler introduction to unity with fast results which are motivating to go on. You get a hand on basic unity features and learn how build a simple interface.