Back to Business of Games and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business of Games and Entrepreneurship by Michigan State University

4.4

As well as a form of art and entertainment, games are about business. Whether you want to work at a game studio, start your own business or make games as a hobby, recognizing the dynamic landscape of the videogame industry is critical to finding your place. This course will introduce you to game production, project management, teamwork skills, and how to position your game ideas and yourself in the broader marketplace. By the end of the course, you will be able to develop an impactful portfolio of game work to get noticed and/or develop an effective business plan to bring your game to market....

AA

Jun 05, 2016

A 'must' for everyone! Entrepreneurship is something unique, is not for everyone but can be reached with some effort. A course that can be applied to all areas. Nice experience.

RD

Jan 31, 2017

I am grateful to Coursera and MSU for this great leaning opportunity.Thanks Coursera and MSU for providing me such a great learning opportunity.Rafi Ud Din-Pakistan.

51 - 75 of 132 Reviews for Business of Games and Entrepreneurship

By Alexander R

May 03, 2016

e

By Rafi u d

Jan 31, 2017

By Muhammad S K

Mar 09, 2017

A very good course with practical knowledge and teachings of how to earn money in game development industry.

By Gino C

Mar 25, 2017

I loved this course, the teacher Casey O'Donnell has a good way of expressing points of view. Explain the class like you there in person, individually. No doubt I will buy your book Developers Dilemma.

By Sergey P

Dec 20, 2015

Great course. Thanks

By Jerome A

Sep 25, 2016

This course is informative, I learned a lot about the business side of making games. There is a lot to learn on this course.

By Roselle C

Jan 14, 2018

Despite I'm not really a business person, Casey did really well. Better than in the previous course. I was shocked to be honest. He got a lot of good points here, delivered excellent reading materials. I found myself in a rabbit hole of the stuff he brought us.

I learnt a lot here and could probably use this information into the company I've been working on. I don't regret taking this course and I'm glad I didn't drop out.

By jaceguai d m

Oct 24, 2016

Very interesting to see the complete process of making a video game

By Maciej S

Jun 24, 2016

Great course!!!! Big round of applause for the coach :D

By Jason R

Sep 26, 2016

Very informative and well taught. Would definitely recommend!

By Ian L d C

Jun 26, 2018

Um ótimo curso! Parabéns à equipe!

By Carlos G R C

Sep 07, 2016

Great topics, and a good amount of information to know about of.

By Alfredo H H

Sep 07, 2017

I really enjoy this course

By Jayanth T

Oct 04, 2016

Interesting course! Great for learning how to market your game!

By Peter C

Feb 26, 2017

This course presented a wealth of information, with each week containing enough material for its own course. There were numerous varied skills to be unpacked. The pace and density of the class challenged my focus, and the presentation portion took me out of my comfort zone. As a result, I am more confident in my ability to successfully develop and market a game.

By marco

Jan 03, 2018

really good this is a most if you want to really get into game development and be more than just a hobby

By Zheng L

Mar 15, 2018

For this lecture I give 5 star is because it talks the whole picture of game industry, and talks many soft skills game developers should consider. All of these things are usually ignored by many developers while the professors tells this to us by his own experience and knowledge from the industry

By jorge f s

May 12, 2017

Excellent! It was one of the best lessons I ever had. I was captivated in every minute of class given by the teacher, as well as learning about the importance of documenting every project, facilitated by the templates provided. Thank you for everything.

By Kyle D H

Jan 20, 2016

Of the courses in the Game Development Specialization, none of them prepared me for what it would be like financially to make a game and create a name for myself as a developer. Not only does the course cover ways on how to finance making a game or game studio, it gives students resources they can use as reference when planning to make a business of their own or joining an existing business (such a a AAA studio or small game studio), and what pros and cons each decision may have for them. The coursework was thorough, and I enjoyed my time in the course.

By Khaled K

Jun 19, 2017

Magnificent, totally recommended.

By Domytomtom

Jan 04, 2018

Very good course, i really like this teacher. For those who have some working experience some parts like looking for a job is less interesting... As a feedback, I would perhaps like to have a part about the game production process, roles involved. Could be great.

By Mike S

Mar 26, 2017

Casey O'Donnell is awesome!

By Ștefan B

Jul 30, 2017

Noice

By Francisco Z

Jun 15, 2016

Excelente Curso

By Orestis L

Nov 06, 2016

Very helpful course, I learned a lot about the game industry. I really like professor O'Donnell, he is very communicative, simple and fun. Thanks!