Back to Business of Games and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business of Games and Entrepreneurship by Michigan State University

4.4

As well as a form of art and entertainment, games are about business. Whether you want to work at a game studio, start your own business or make games as a hobby, recognizing the dynamic landscape of the videogame industry is critical to finding your place. This course will introduce you to game production, project management, teamwork skills, and how to position your game ideas and yourself in the broader marketplace. By the end of the course, you will be able to develop an impactful portfolio of game work to get noticed and/or develop an effective business plan to bring your game to market....

AA
Jun 4, 2016

A 'must' for everyone! Entrepreneurship is something unique, is not for everyone but can be reached with some effort. A course that can be applied to all areas. Nice experience.

RD
Jan 30, 2017

I am grateful to Coursera and MSU for this great leaning opportunity.Thanks Coursera and MSU for providing me such a great learning opportunity.Rafi Ud Din-Pakistan.

101 - 125 of 154 Reviews for Business of Games and Entrepreneurship

By Mete O

Jan 3, 2016

Very well structured and handled!

By YUSRI B A

Aug 13, 2020

good instructor & good contents

By Nicole A P

Dec 4, 2017

the resource materials are gold

By Jean L P T

Sep 15, 2020

Great course!! 100% recommend

By Mike S

Mar 26, 2017

Casey O'Donnell is awesome!

By Hernán D E

May 12, 2016

Great course, learnt a lot.

By Alfredo H H

Sep 7, 2017

I really enjoy this course

By Elias E

Dec 21, 2015

Great course, i love it.

By Md. N R 2

May 3, 2016

e

By Nenad N

Mar 11, 2016

Course assignments have nothing to do with the lectures. Most of the assignments could have been copy-pasted stuff from the previous course in this specialization. Same as with previous course - review point organization leaves too many space for individual opinions. Assignment with a video clip is something I didn't expect at all. I had to download a bunch of free software to make it, and I didn't make it good enough, because I'm not skilled in using those programs. Of course, it then reflected my average score, because review point system is too much oriented toward personal opinions of others. I felt this course gave me the least out of this specialization, and I also felt this course scratched a lot of things, but didn't quite get into many details that could have been mentioned (maybe even instead of the assignments that were quite dull to me). There is a section of clips that is a bit useless to those outside of USA. Unlike previous course, this one was at least doable inside the expected work hours / week (except for the video assignment which took me a bit more), and that's why I'll give it 1 point higher than previous course.

This review might sound a bit harsh, even though it's not the intention. With a bit of polishing, it could become really great, but it really could use some of the improvements I have mentioned above.

By Debora v b

Mar 29, 2016

The material was interesting and the professor was engaging to watch. But unlike other Coursera courses, I never did see any replies from a staff member to any of the questions posted on the forums. Other professors on Coursera reply to threads themselves or have a TA reply for them. I understand that one person may not be able to reply to all threads if the forum is active. But at least those asking questions to get clarification about the assignments should be answered. The class forum was not very active during this session and could have been easily watched more closely by one person.