Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

FL
May 22, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

BM
Jun 16, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

151 - 175 of 685 Reviews for Gamification

By Levend K

Jan 28, 2016

It was a brilliantly designed, comprehensive course with a very nice and sympathetic instructor. I am very much satisfied not only with the content but also with the assignments as well.

By Gustavo L S

Jan 21, 2019

Ótimo curso! Dinâmico, leve e intrinsecamente motivador. Assistiria novamente sem problemas, tive um grande aprendizado com o professor Werbach, e com certeza o aplicarei em minha vida.

By José S

Mar 29, 2020

Very insightful! Very good content and very thoughtful considerations about the implications of game design techniques. I enjoyed it and it pushed me to study harder than I expected.

By Denis S

Mar 9, 2018

That's super cool. Exceed my expectation 200%. My most valuable take away are self-determination theory, flow, importance of intrinsic motivation, and design framework. Thanks a lot!

By Ong J

Sep 19, 2017

As someone who have no previous knowledge on the course's material, I find Prof. Werbach's lectures clear and fun to follow. I have learnt a lot from both the videos and assignments.

By Richard B

Jul 31, 2016

The whole field of gamification is very helpful to my recent and future projects. I had lots of great aha moments. Listening to Kevin Werbach was easy and fun. Thx also to my peers!

By Yasushi H

Jun 6, 2020

Great course to learn the deepen essence of gamification on how to apply to real life. it's not only an academic framework but also an implication based on a bunch of real cases.

By Darvesh P

Sep 24, 2017

Amazing course, opens up your eyes and makes you realise that bagdes that you get on some website is a clever gamification trick to keep you engaged! Nice and interesting course!

By Tammy M

Apr 1, 2018

I really enjoyed this course and ended up buying the book also. The combination of lecture, interviews, reading and activities was a great way to understand gaming fundamentals.

By Onur Ş

Oct 16, 2020

I think this course is essential to comprehensively understand and apply gamification. Also pretty helpful for understanding game design, game mechanics, and player psychology.

By Erez M

Jul 4, 2019

At last a course that get provide interesting twist to way companies think. I'm taking this course to understand how I can enhance our agile implementation in the organization.

By Nicolás A B

Apr 3, 2017

Very good course. Well structured, easy to absorb lectures and great examples make's you want to devour it in days, while powerful concepts leave you thinking for a good time.

By Anish B

Feb 10, 2016

This is a course for someone who is absolutely serious about learning Gamification for business. The lecture videos are very thorough and the interviews are very informative.

By Andrew R

Jan 14, 2016

Extremely useful and informative. Is everything you will need to begin gamifying any system right away! Professor covers full range of topics in the perfect level of depth.

By Cansın A

Dec 15, 2015

I enjoyed the course (in general) and find the materials appropriate, if you are a beginner or an intermediate on such topic and interested in, it will probably help you out.

By Libor Z

Sep 26, 2016

I really liked the course, its range and complexity and how engagingly it was presented. Thanks and congratulations to the team around Professor Kevin Werbach for good work!

By liddi

Aug 25, 2016

This is an exceptional course that gives a deep dive into the good, the bad and the ugly of gamification. A well balanced view of benefits and risk. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

By Laura B

Apr 17, 2017

This course provided me with great insides about gamification and explained in a really simple but powerful way how to implement gamification in your activities / business.

By Hector A I

Mar 13, 2017

It's the second time I watch this course. That's how great it is. Prof. Werbach is a master with gamification and the way it explains the course it's just awesome. THANKS!

By Ryan W

Feb 23, 2020

I have learned so much from this course! It has been very useful and given me a better understanding of how Gamification works and can be adapted to real-like scenarios.

By Elena N

Oct 22, 2017

I got great pleasure of this course! He is wonderful! Thanks to Kevin Verbah for his efforts, an interesting presentation of the material and very interesting interviews!

By Alexandrine A

Feb 4, 2017

Absolutely loves this class. Learned a lot and will apply all those gamification concepts in my daily job which is build products as a UX designer. Thanks for this class.

By Iris W

Sep 22, 2016

Awesome trainer and great videos which are easy to follow. The assignments where just right and helped reflect the learning Content and gain a deeper knowledge. Thank you

By Rita V

Aug 28, 2017

Curso Excelente! Ampliou muito meu horizonte de estudo! Me surpreendeu bastante a qualidade do curso! Parabéns Coursera e Universidade da Pensylvania pela oportunidade!

By Ducournau O

Jan 15, 2016

very interesting subject, well explained with a perfect use of the mooc format.

Final exam actually appears to be quite tough (so imply s***** fun according to ... ;-)