Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

FL

May 23, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

BM

Jun 17, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

76 - 100 of 596 Reviews for Gamification

By Iris W

Sep 22, 2016

Awesome trainer and great videos which are easy to follow. The assignments where just right and helped reflect the learning Content and gain a deeper knowledge. Thank you

By RODRIGO P P

Jul 02, 2017

I really liked the course! It was very challenging and fun! The new concepts that I've learned brought further, especially because it gave me a lot of new ideas on how I could use it in my new company. Some of the aspects of motivation and psychology I had some knowledge due to the position that I had at the last company I worked for (management trainee, supervisor and manager). Therefore, the course complemented the concepts that I had in mind. Thank you very much for the opportunity. It was awesome!!!

By Magali R

Apr 04, 2017

This course is very dense and requires a large amount of time but it's worth it. There's rich and deep content, useful tools, and warnings. I like the emphasis on ethics and the thought for the players. Pleasant alternation between quiz and written assignements to manage the workload, and assigment on credible case is great to build condifence in the use of the content of the course and on future real implementation. Thanks ! That was a great experience !

By Juan E T Q

Sep 24, 2017

ME SIENTO ORGULLOSO DE HABER PARTICIPADO EN ESTE CURSO Y EMPEZAR APLICAR, DISEÑAR, Y DESARROLLAR, COMPROBAR, CONSTATAR Y POSTULAR NUEVOS CAMBIOS SOBRE LA GAMIFICACION QUE SE HA DESARROLLADO EN ESTE CURSO¡¡¡¡ FELICITO AL PHD. KEBIN WERBACH POR ESTA OPORTUNIDAD, GRACIAS.

By Saamir G

Aug 08, 2017

A must do course for people getting introduced to the idea of gamification

By Carlos V

Jun 06, 2016

It was a great experience. So far the best course in Coursera.

By Anshul G

May 26, 2016

The content looks impressive and teaching style is captivating.!

By Aydin A

Jul 04, 2016

At times a lot of information to take in but it's all very interesting and thought provoking material!

By Léon B

Oct 24, 2016

Very Good course! Great examples and practices!

By Fernando H

Oct 20, 2017

Awesome course! And very fun!

By Tammy M

Apr 01, 2018

I really enjoyed this course and ended up buying the book also. The combination of lecture, interviews, reading and activities was a great way to understand gaming fundamentals.

By Ширямова С

Mar 22, 2017

A very good course. Thanks for the in depth study of the issue

By R K M

Nov 29, 2016

Very good one. I really liked the academic approach applied to this new upcoming topic. Future directions are also guided & cautions are provided so the learner is aware of where he/she should be careful of.

By Agung W

Nov 15, 2017

Thanks A Lot to Prof. Kevin Werbach...i hope we can meet in other time

By CLEBER D S S

Jun 12, 2018

This is one of the best courses I have ever done! I just fell in love with everything! Congratulations to everyone who participated in the course! You contributed a lot to my life! The coursera goes beyond teaching, it changes people's lives and makes believe that we are all capable of achieving our goals !! God bless all!!! ;-)

By Tim G

Oct 22, 2016

A full five stars for what was a great run through what proved to be an interesting, and hopefully, invaluable course.

By Diah A L

Oct 17, 2016

By Martin J

Apr 01, 2017

Gamified course on gamification. Prof. Werbach goes from very basics through psychology concepts and game elements to solid framework to use for your gamification work. This all with MANY examples and references to books and videos. Prof. Werbach shows you, that not everything, that you thought works in gamification actualy works, explains why not a what to use instead.

By kafui A

Apr 05, 2017

An Excellently balanced view of Gamification. Thanks Prof!

By Aleh Z

Aug 27, 2017

Very nice. As for experienced designer even, that was really, meaningful, informative & structured enough to apply in real life. 6 weeks duration is really enough to cover major aspects & not loose the interest in the middle. And i guess, that's great start to move further. Best, Aleh

By Gina M

Feb 16, 2018

Great course!

By Edoardo R

Aug 18, 2017

great course, goes into good depth and gets you to think. very nice for a structured introduction to the very relevant Gamification wave

By Maurizio T

Feb 13, 2017

A very good course, very well driven. Thanks for everything.

By Jose I M

Mar 24, 2017

This course is spectacular and the teacher is amazing!

By Satish K

May 12, 2017

It was a very useful course! I was always interested in Gamification and this course has definitely enhanced my skill.