Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

BM

Jun 17, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

FL

May 23, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

126 - 150 of 606 Reviews for Gamification

By Cansın A

Dec 15, 2015

I enjoyed the course (in general) and find the materials appropriate, if you are a beginner or an intermediate on such topic and interested in, it will probably help you out.

By Libor Z

Sep 26, 2016

I really liked the course, its range and complexity and how engagingly it was presented. Thanks and congratulations to the team around Professor Kevin Werbach for good work!

By liddi

Aug 25, 2016

This is an exceptional course that gives a deep dive into the good, the bad and the ugly of gamification. A well balanced view of benefits and risk. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

By Laura B

Apr 17, 2017

This course provided me with great insides about gamification and explained in a really simple but powerful way how to implement gamification in your activities / business.

By Hector A I

Mar 13, 2017

It's the second time I watch this course. That's how great it is. Prof. Werbach is a master with gamification and the way it explains the course it's just awesome. THANKS!

By Ryan W

Feb 23, 2020

I have learned so much from this course! It has been very useful and given me a better understanding of how Gamification works and can be adapted to real-like scenarios.

By Elena N

Oct 22, 2017

I got great pleasure of this course! He is wonderful! Thanks to Kevin Verbah for his efforts, an interesting presentation of the material and very interesting interviews!

By Alexandrine A

Feb 04, 2017

Absolutely loves this class. Learned a lot and will apply all those gamification concepts in my daily job which is build products as a UX designer. Thanks for this class.

By Iris W

Sep 22, 2016

Awesome trainer and great videos which are easy to follow. The assignments where just right and helped reflect the learning Content and gain a deeper knowledge. Thank you

By Rita V

Aug 29, 2017

Curso Excelente! Ampliou muito meu horizonte de estudo! Me surpreendeu bastante a qualidade do curso! Parabéns Coursera e Universidade da Pensylvania pela oportunidade!

By Ducournau O

Jan 15, 2016

very interesting subject, well explained with a perfect use of the mooc format.

Final exam actually appears to be quite tough (so imply s***** fun according to ... ;-)

By Maribel P

Mar 13, 2016

Thanks a lot.

I find in this course a useful base of knowledge about the fast-growing practice of gamification.

I hope research in this area that is still developing

By JOSE J C F

Mar 03, 2019

I learned about the basic concepts of gamification. The content of the subjects was easy to learn. The examples and exercises facilitate the practice of the theory.

By Richard I

Jan 05, 2016

Excellent course material and presentation. I've taken it before and earned a certification. I'm now taking the course again to refresh my knowledge on the subject.

By David M

Jun 24, 2018

Very well explained, structured, detailed. I had a gamification project but didn't know how to start. The course helped me a lot. Exactly what I was looking for.

By Tan Z C

Apr 06, 2017

Very good introduction to the field of gamification, and the assignments are sufficiently challenging to really help learners internalise and apply the concepts.

By Nayeli E M

Jan 25, 2018

Great course! It really explains from the basics whatis Gamification, its benefits, the methodology and lots of examples on how to apply it. Totally recomended!

By Abhi C

Aug 27, 2017

Its a wonderful course for every working professional. I normally don't give feedback but the course was so awesome that I got motivated to give 5 stars to it.

By Marelisa

Jun 10, 2017

This course was incredibly interesting. I feel that it has given the theory necessary to begin a gamification project that I have in mind. Thank you for this!

By Simon T

Mar 05, 2017

Very informative and balanced in providing a detailed introduction to principles, structures, approaches and challenges to Gamification within enterprises.

By Karen

Sep 24, 2017

Learnt a lot about gamification delivered by an expert in this area. Great to have access to courses that might not be otherwise available in my location.

By Simpson Z

Dec 07, 2015

It's a great course, for fundamental understanding about what gamification is and how better utilize this power tools in your works. Strongly recommended!

By Pedro P M

Mar 14, 2017

Congratulations Prof. Kevin Werbach. Excellent classes, contents, activities, everything. I am very proud to participate on this course. Thanks a lot!!!

By Ron B

Nov 19, 2016

easy to follow, comprehensive and structured course. teaches you all you need to know about what is, and it not, gamification. And, how to implement it.

By Sagar R

Oct 22, 2017

Great course and curriculum. I learnt a lot, engaging content, real examples, high complexity quiz and liked the short film on future of gamification.