Back to Achieving Advanced Insights with BigQuery

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Achieving Advanced Insights with BigQuery by Google Cloud

The third course in this specialization is Achieving Advanced Insights with BigQuery. Here we will build on your growing knowledge of SQL as we dive into advanced functions and how to break apart a complex query into manageable steps. We will cover the internal architecture of BigQuery (column-based sharded storage) and advanced SQL topics like nested and repeated fields through the use of Arrays and Structs. Lastly we will dive into optimizing your queries for performance and how you can secure your data through authorized views. >>> By enrolling in this specialization you agree to the Qwiklabs Terms of Service as set out in the FAQ and located at: https://qwiklabs.com/terms_of_service <<<...

KF

Sep 18, 2018

Useful practical course, especially about performance optimization. Window functions have many options, it would be nice to add window size description with practical examples or links to them.

JC

Jul 13, 2020

I really appreciated all of the labs that went along with this course. They were detailed and thorough and led us through some advanced concepts in a digestible, understandable fashion.

1 - 25 of 87 Reviews for Achieving Advanced Insights with BigQuery

By Antony J

Aug 31, 2020

The SQL gets pretty advanced in this stage of the specialization and there's a sneak preview of integrating BiqQuery with Jupyter notebooks and Pandas in the GCP. I'm starting to feel confident that I'll be able to make use of the GCP for my own work. Can't wait for the final course in the specialization which is on Machine Learning!

By Michael H

Feb 09, 2020

The instructor for this and the previous 2 courses is BY FAR the BEST instructor from Google so far. he took the time to pause while speaking to allow the student to absorb the concept (too many other instructors are just reading and not teaching).

By GAUTAM P

Jun 11, 2020

Course is actually very helpful on understand BigQuery.I learned

Advanced Insights with cloud data lab,Visualization with Google Data Studio,Schema Design and Nested Data Structure and Advanced Functions and clause.

Thank you for teaching.

By Harold M

Feb 17, 2018

Excellent course on BigQuery, Dataprep, DataStudio and Dataset Secure Access topics. Hoped to have more on Datalab and Bigquery, and also more difficult labs, but it's ok.

Overall this was a great course with great material.

Thanks!

By Konstantin F

Sep 18, 2018

By Jazmin C

Jul 13, 2020

By Jorge C

Sep 24, 2020

It's a very hands on material and the part I like the best is that everything that you learn is something that you can use on your daily basis if you work as a data analyst or similar.

By Lawrence M

Aug 11, 2018

Excellent course; I only wish there were a much longer and more robust lab on optimizing query performance, after all the tips we learned in the corresponding lessons.

By Timothy W

Dec 01, 2017

Lots of in-depth material covered in this course, including nesting of data structures. Also provides high-level introductions to Google Data Studio and Cloud DataLab.

By Michael T

Jan 08, 2019

I learned lots about the structs and arrays and how it could be used to improve performance by creating parent child relationships instead of doing expensive joins

By Alex T

Aug 18, 2019

Cloud Datalab, BigQuery and Data studio are pretty impressive as they could all be use to help with marketing datasets and analytics. Now forward we go!

By Aniket G

Sep 25, 2019

Learnt so much from the course especially how bigquery works, how data sharding is done and assigned to workers and how they work on that parallel.

By Claude D

Jun 27, 2020

This course summed up everything that I learned from the previous two courses. It was very helpful to understand the architecture behind BigQuery.

By Ridhima S

Mar 25, 2019

Absolutely important topics such as handling nested fields, query optimization techniques and advanced functions are covered. Excellent content!

By Kristina F

Jan 22, 2018

Very informative and valuable learning. Enjoyed both the Google specific content as well as the general data analyst content.

By Lorenço G A

Jun 03, 2018

Excellent course, material and labs. Congrats for Google professionals and Coursera staff. Keep rockking, cheers!

By Rian P

Mar 07, 2018

Thanks for the course, the lab practices are very useful, would be great if there are any project assignments

By Synthia

Mar 22, 2020

This course by Google is just awesome and I keep telling people at work, "No one teaches like Google!"

By Muhammad U H

Apr 11, 2020

Very amazing content. Though assignments need to be more challenging. They were very simple.

By christopher c

Feb 13, 2018

Very helpful to know advanced SQL querying even if I don't really have to do it myself.

By LIJUN L

Aug 10, 2018

Super GREAT job Evan! This is the most valuable BigQuery courses I've ever learned!

By Kaushik D

May 27, 2018

Course provides a high level understanding of what can be achieved through GCP.

By Rommel J P

Oct 11, 2018

Some useful insights here that I can immediately apply to my work in BigQuery.

By AMAN P S