Back to Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals by Google Cloud

This 2-week accelerated on-demand course introduces participants to the Big Data and Machine Learning capabilities of Google Cloud Platform (GCP). It provides a quick overview of the Google Cloud Platform and a deeper dive of the data processing capabilities. At the end of this course, participants will be able to: • Identify the purpose and value of the key Big Data and Machine Learning products in the Google Cloud Platform • Use CloudSQL and Cloud Dataproc to migrate existing MySQL and Hadoop/Pig/Spark/Hive workloads to Google Cloud Platform • Employ BigQuery and Cloud Datalab to carry out interactive data analysis • Choose between Cloud SQL, BigTable and Datastore • Train and use a neural network using TensorFlow • Choose between different data processing products on the Google Cloud Platform Before enrolling in this course, participants should have roughly one (1) year of experience with one or more of the following: • A common query language such as SQL • Extract, transform, load activities • Data modeling • Machine learning and/or statistics • Programming in Python Google Account Notes: • Google services are currently unavailable in China....

VS

Mar 03, 2019

Overall a good curated course to help understand the GCP offerings and high level architecture of how their offerings fit in the current landscape. Easy to follow along as this was fundamental course.

AD

Sep 24, 2019

This course really helped me in understanding exactly 'How the Big data and Machine learning can be used in Cloud' and 'The ease to use it'. Thank you for summing all the fundamentals in this course.

76 - 100 of 1,864 Reviews for Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals

By Christos G

Jun 02, 2017

Great quick tour through a variety of services and solutions available with Google Cloud Platform. I would only challenge the price structure, as this course is an excellent marketing tool for Google besides being informative and therefore, it could even go for free.

By Pedro G P

Apr 13, 2020

This course has been excellent. It is very difficult to provide any weaknesses. It is a great course to understand the foundations of GCP and all the amazing services it provides. I cannot wait to keep learning more GCP services and getting into more advanced topics

By Rahul K

May 16, 2017

The Course content are nicely explained in a short time, I appreciate the effort. Google's developer codelabs examples are awesome. I am a Data Engineer by my profession but after seeing these example code, I found I have to rethink the way I am organising my codes.

By Yane S H

Curso muito bom, mesmo! Aprendi varias habilidades e irei utilizá-las para vários projetos. O GCP está mostrando que não é necessário ter várias habilidades, apenas conceitos básicos e os aprendidos nesse curso são suficientes para se trabalhar com Big Data e ML.

By Willem W

Nov 16, 2019

Some frustrations with things taking forever during the labs, but the course itself is fantastic. Great presenters and excellent information. Feels a bit like a full-on sales pitch, but then again, if you have the product you need to sell it. Thank you so much.

By Iman K

Jul 14, 2017

good content, vidoes, labs etc.

But, the course outline is hard to follow. all of the steps are listed in a flat list although the course contains 5 sections. A better organization in the left side menue of the course outline in the course homepage would be nice

By Gino D

Apr 22, 2020

Great introductory course. I enjoy the hands-on labs. Wish we could've done more SQL in the labs. Everything was just copy and paste. But, I understand why. it's not a SQL course. It was nice to go through the process of these tasks while on the live platform.

By Ruchi W

It helps understand concepts better and helps understand the requirement/need of a google cloud resources/components very well. Helped understand customer's use cases or problems and reason their choice of google cloud very well.

Overall a great course.

By Ahmed A

Jan 10, 2020

It was a great course over all , got the knowledge of Bigquery , ML on GCP , how google cloud platform is the best approach to do almost everything because they provide you with great API's , services and easy to do huge workload and processing easily

By T. N T H

Nov 22, 2018

A nice and informative course to get an overall knowledge about GCP, Big data & ML and to be familiar with cloud environment and terminology. Thanks the instructor for his passion in teaching and his firm knowledge while explaining all of these to us.

By Greg K

Nov 13, 2017

The instructor of this course was clearly an enthusiastic teacher. The lab assignments were interesting and required just the right amount of hands-on work to ensure that the student understood the material without belaboring the point. Excellent!

By Amith G

May 02, 2020

Just amazing too see how google has done its best to save time and effort of people with so many tools in GCP. A very well structured course for someone looking to learn all the aspects of data science. Thnk you Coursera and GCP for this course..

By Ume A K

Apr 17, 2020

I was actually a novice on GCP but after taking this course I've got a fundamental knowledge about GCP, and inspired to go deeper. This course is an amazing one and will recommend it to anyone out there. Thanks for this super amazing opportunity.

By Jevie M L G

Mar 24, 2019

Lak is very persuasive in making sure we get the idea and concepts of GCP. I had a great hands on experience on GCP Big Data Products by doing Qwiklabs and I am able to identify the different use cases and when to use each GCP tools/technologies.

By Carl H

Jul 03, 2017

Phenomenal introductory course to a slew of Google offerings. My favorite is how you basically give people a path to take existing workloads and then move them to the cloud, but then show how you can completely rethink HOW you used to do things.

By Sandeep G M

Mar 21, 2020

This is a fundamental course which gives confidence is proceed further. Anyone looking for Data Engineering or Machine Learning using GCP, this is good place to start. Dont get confused by many online resources. This is the right place to start.

By Swapneel V R

Jul 05, 2018

Totally loved this course. Could finish it in 3 days flat and it gave me (a beginner) a really good overview of GCPs cloud capabilities and some hands-on experience as well. The instructional videos and labs complement each other really well.

By Eric R

Sep 20, 2019

Great course. I use GCP at work and my company just launched it only about 1 year ago. I'm using what I learned in this course to try and see what else we can get out of GCP, and I captured at least three realistic tools that will help us.

By Gopal B

Nov 14, 2019

Loved the course !! It has just right amount of information that beginner will need to start his journey in ML. Loved lab assignments as it gives the first hand experience of using various GCP offerings like BigQuery, API and storage etc .

By Mus A A

Apr 17, 2020

Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals This is the most important for me to built and teach the challenge and i could got knowledge and practice. Someday, i convince my self going to employees in google company.

By Pushpraj S

Jul 27, 2019

It is a great course to give an overview of GCP offerings. I am an experienced data engineer and few might say it is very beginner friendly, which I agree to, however, I found it really useful to quickly familiarise me with GCP ecosystem.

By Pradeep k

May 03, 2020

Great course developed by the google cloud platform team. As per the my understanding it help the data scientist in reducing their time for writing the same code again & again & creating the good model with better accuracy & efficency.

By Scott v K

Jul 07, 2017

Very good overview of key areas of GCP including compute engine (VMs), SQL, basic data storage, running spark applications, and basic overiew of BigTable, Big Query, and a basic introduction to running Tensorflow in IPython notebooks.

By Sergiy K

Feb 11, 2020

A very good overview of the Google Cloud Platform. The course provides a big picture of the platform and shows how some of the central services can be used in combination to solve different data engineering and machine learning tasks.

By Jafed E