Back to Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology) by University of Maryland, College Park

To acquire an understanding of the fundamental concepts of genomics and biotechnology, and their implications for human biology, evolution, medicine, social policy and individual life path choices in the 21st century....

BB

Aug 26, 2016

Broad spectrum over view useful to beginners as well as advanced learners. would have loved to be able to download slides along with Transcripts for later revision , Thank you UMCP and the Faculty !

PS

Dec 26, 2015

I'm old - DNA was discovered in my last year of undergraduate studies. I am learning a great deal about what makes humans alike and different, what drives our behaviors. The course is informative

1 - 25 of 119 Reviews for Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology)

By Sai P P

May 01, 2018

This course is great for someone who wants to learn the impact biotechnology has made in our lives and it's future prospects. The concepts covered in the course have been explained very well.

By Guy L

May 31, 2017

Really interesting material and well taught, even entertaining at times! :0) The quizzes were detailed but not excessively hard, and did a good job of assessing if you had learning the material.

By Arslan J

Dec 10, 2018

Highly skill full and knowledge based learning

By Mohammad A T

Mar 22, 2019

it was a wonderful experience i have learned a lot thanks HEC for providing this opportunity to students

By SACHIDANANDA B

Aug 26, 2018

It is very interesting, informative and educative to the BioTech lovers. The mentors are really nice to teach the entire aspects of genes leading to animal behavior. I liked it very much

By Shayantani C

Oct 11, 2018

This course is a very well versed course. It has helped me to understand from basic to the higher levels of biotechnological sciences. The professors in this course Prof. Leger and Prof. Brien have worked very meticulously each detail of the course material. The mentors like Denise Ma'am has also promptly cleared any difficulty or doubts we had by giving substantial information links. I will highly recommend this course who are willing to go for career in biological or understand biological sciences at genetic level. This course essentially covers behavioral sciences which is linked with many genetic shifts and environmental influences. Having said that Profs explain things pretty easily so that who are from non scientific background they could also enjoy. It is fun , witty and interesting. I enjoyed it :)

By Kirill V

Aug 27, 2015

It was really an exciting course with a lot of insights, sometimes controversial (especially the last part), but always recent and deep. I will miss the enthusiastic lectures of Prof. Leger. And I would recommend this course to others.

By Alfonso C

Nov 14, 2015

My first step to know about DNA, epigenetic, human ancestors, and genetic engineering. This course was great!

By Ron S

Mar 06, 2016

Provocative and engaging review of topics in human genetics. Requires some basic familiarity with biological principles. But well worth a personal investment in time and effort. Both lecturers are fascinating. Only recommendation for improvement would be to present sources cited in the videos elsewhere in the course materials. They roll by so quickly at the end of the video segments that it was impossible to review them adequately. Great course.

By Shohini B

Aug 01, 2016

I am a lover of the science of genetics and have some basic knowledge of the same. I joined this course with a hope to get my concepts clearer. The course is meeting with the expectations to the fullest - after just one week of exercise.

By Anna S L

Oct 05, 2015

Great Course, very interesting and well- made. I find it easy to understand and it is a fantastic opportunity to implement my biology university's studies. Thank you!

By Hao H

Aug 19, 2015

Really good course. I have learned a lot.

By Elvira A R L

May 22, 2018

I loved this course! It was perfect for people without much knowledge about genetics and Spanish speakers.

By Petra v d V

Aug 19, 2015

Very engaging lectures, very well executed! The best MOOC I have done so far!

By Olga G

Aug 08, 2016

This course is amazingly interesting and presented in a clear, achievable way. HUGE THANKS to the professors!

By Vanessa C d C L

Dec 30, 2017

I enjoyed taking this course it's simple, informative and I've learn a lot about genetics, evolution and even synthetic biology. I really liked all the lectures and all the readings and videos they recommended, they are very informative and useful so you can really have a good insight in the subjects in discussion. Really enjoyed it! Thanks you!

By Ibrahim Y

Aug 15, 2015

I love everything about this course.

By arinn w

Nov 02, 2015

this course was great! I liked both lecturers, and found them to be very informative and great speakers. their lectures were easy to follow and brought up a lot of things i hadn't considered before (but this is my first completed genetics class). i would definitely take a class by them again.

By Reynaldo M

Jul 05, 2017

Excellent material and instructors!

By Armando C N

Jan 07, 2016

This course is just awesome!

By Claire C

Nov 17, 2015

fascinating!

By James K

Feb 17, 2016

Great course -- especially the second half.

By K K P

Oct 10, 2015

Through this course offered by Coursera, entitled Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biolechnology), I have learned an extraordinary amount of information about a burgeoning field of scientific study.

I found this course to be well-paced and easy to follow, even though the topics discussed were quite complex. Both professors provided fantastic and enjoyable lectures; the course was like a really great book that you can't put down.

I would strongly recommend this course for anyone who is interested in learning a bit more about human genetics.

By Carina A d O

Jun 17, 2017

Aprendi muitas coisas incríveis neste curso!

By Sundari E

Mar 17, 2016

Best course I have ever taken. Thank you so much! Keep up the good work.