Back to Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology) by University of Maryland, College Park

To acquire an understanding of the fundamental concepts of genomics and biotechnology, and their implications for human biology, evolution, medicine, social policy and individual life path choices in the 21st century....

BB

Aug 26, 2016

Broad spectrum over view useful to beginners as well as advanced learners. would have loved to be able to download slides along with Transcripts for later revision , Thank you UMCP and the Faculty !

PS

Dec 26, 2015

I'm old - DNA was discovered in my last year of undergraduate studies. I am learning a great deal about what makes humans alike and different, what drives our behaviors. The course is informative

26 - 50 of 119 Reviews for Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology)

By Bibiana M d O

Aug 16, 2015

Congratulations for classes and tasks! This course is amazing and useful.

By Foley

Oct 10, 2015

The best coursera class I have taken! The instructor's passion for the material covered is contagious!

By Unays S

Sep 13, 2015

Wonderful job

By Carina A d O

Jun 17, 2017

Aprendi muitas coisas incríveis neste curso!

By Thomas J H

Mar 28, 2017

An expansive survey with up-to-moment research info. Clears up many misconceptions about genetic engineering and biotech.

By Miriam B

Feb 23, 2016

The best course I had on coursera. It is a comprehensive overview of current biotechnological techniquess and their established and potential results.

The course keeps a shrewd balance between giving scientific information and looking at the broader more complex implications for society. You might think at times that the professor is not a scientist but a philosopher as well.

The course is taught superbly by both professor and assistant, not one extra word, and not one word missing given the choice of topics.

I think most of what is taught here should ideally be known by the majority of all people, in order to make more informed and thoughtful choices about life, as well as understanding what will happen in the next decades.

By Sundari E

Mar 17, 2016

Best course I have ever taken. Thank you so much! Keep up the good work.

By Gabrielle F

Jan 14, 2016

Instructors were very passionate. Very interesting topic!

By Abraham N

Aug 27, 2015

I am liking a lot what I see. Great course ! thank you

By Carine R L

Aug 29, 2017

excellent way of updating my general understanding of a field tat as evolved a great deal over the past decades

By Mijail A T M

Jul 21, 2016

Very interesting course that teaches the basics about biotech

By Eric T

Sep 07, 2015

As someone that doesn't have much prior genetics knowledge besides intro science courses in college, I enjoyed this course a lot. It offered a good challenge and I felt like I learned a lot despite the complexity of the topics. The lectures were presented in a compelling way that related to day-to-day life and how humans interact. It has me excited for future developments in this field and has prompted me to do follow up research on some of the topics.

By Izhar u h

Sep 19, 2015

it enlighten me with extra information at molecular level and new interesting things. thanks to coursera

By Blair O

Jun 11, 2018

Great beginner course with interesting subject matter.

By Xavier Y

Jan 25, 2017

Very good

By Marnilen C

Apr 11, 2018

The course has been very helpful in opening up "possibilities".

By SYED M A

Nov 03, 2018

its very informative for me.. just amazing

By izza r

Jan 18, 2017

this course was very informative and valuable

By Lisa K

Nov 14, 2015

Fantastic Course!

By Yael I

Apr 17, 2016

excellent course!

By farhad j

Sep 21, 2015

i'm in second week of this course and it's get better and better

By bpathakjee

Aug 26, 2016

By Jaroslav S

Dec 28, 2015

I just started this cours and I already like the way how the subjects are explain in simple and yet professional way.

By Jose M G A

Aug 29, 2015

Excellent course and very good explained

By Farbod E L

Sep 21, 2016

Can genes make us liberal or conservative ? If you want to know about genopolitics and many other interesting genetics, do not miss this fascinating and enriched course !