Back to Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology) by University of Maryland, College Park

To acquire an understanding of the fundamental concepts of genomics and biotechnology, and their implications for human biology, evolution, medicine, social policy and individual life path choices in the 21st century....

BB

Aug 26, 2016

Broad spectrum over view useful to beginners as well as advanced learners. would have loved to be able to download slides along with Transcripts for later revision , Thank you UMCP and the Faculty !

PS

Dec 26, 2015

I'm old - DNA was discovered in my last year of undergraduate studies. I am learning a great deal about what makes humans alike and different, what drives our behaviors. The course is informative

101 - 120 of 120 Reviews for Genes and the Human Condition (From Behavior to Biotechnology)

By Rutuja A P

May 21, 2018

This course was very informative.The concepts are quite easy to understand.I surely recommend students who want to learn all the basics of biotechnology.

By Joseph N T

Oct 01, 2017

Excellent combination, from behavioral genomics to synthetic biotechnology

By Brendan T

Dec 15, 2016

Great course, as a beginner i could follow along and learn.

By Alaikya T

Nov 02, 2018

Interesting but should be more informative

By Natalia R

Jun 18, 2017

Very interesting and fun to follow.

By nourhan m m

Aug 07, 2016

i liked it

By Amber S

Dec 21, 2015

An excellent course as a short overview or as an introduction to a specialization.

Seemed to touch on neurology and evolution more than genetics. Didn't get into the mechanics of genetics or molecular biology as much as I had hoped. Read Genetics for Dummies and reviewed my old textbooks to refresh on topics I found interesting and this was a nice course to accompany that endeavor. I really enjoyed the short segment near the end that delved into the field of biotechnology.

Thank you so much for providing this as a self-paced class, I really enjoyed taking it.

By Konrad H

Sep 03, 2015

The course was pretty good. Maybe concepts were illustrated too general and briefly (not in details) but maybe this course is just a warm up for people who are not specialists in those fields. Nevertheless it was quite fun to listen the lectures and that's why course went pretty fast. I only regret that there's no free Statements of Accomplishment.

By stephanie m

Sep 07, 2015

good course a bit hard to understand at times the information can get confusing but the it is there wish they would add printable bulletins at the end so make information readable just for extra help with the understanding of the material

By Tom S

Jun 26, 2017

Presentation speed was fast--particularly for my low level of current knowledge. I found the presenter's continual flinging of her hair (backwards) to be quite distracting. Perhaps she could pin it back--out of her eyes?

By Kim A

Apr 01, 2019

Lots of important information and a great overview of many different aspects of genetics. A bit heavy on the pro-GMO stance without really addressing the criticisms of it. The first part was great about human genetics.

By Rune B

Nov 10, 2015

Large topic and well presented. Due to volume could perhaps be divided into smaller, more comprehensive,

By Alexis N

Sep 12, 2018

Intro too long for each lecture; Backgrounds are distracting

By Michael D T

Oct 02, 2015

Lots of bias on evolutionary theories.

By Aia M M

Nov 03, 2016

Great content but making the theory of ape or chimp the origin of humans as the corner of the course and intruduce it as a truth is very wrong and shameful.

By Ethel-Jayne S

Sep 12, 2015

Much trouble with freezing and no sound

By Philip S B A

May 10, 2017

I think the course is great... BUT...Why must you charge to take the quizzes?

I, like I am sure many of those wishing to take the course, live in countries where the $49. USD that is charged for a certificate can represent a significant portion of a monthly income.

It is unfortunate that you would make a decision that limits accessibility to learning based on the economic wherewithal of an individual .

I can understand charging for a certificate, but quizzes provide feedback and are an essential learning tool.

I hope that in future, your desire for profit does not interfere with the accessibility of education for the betterment of people, and thus, the world in general.

By Alexandra B

Oct 15, 2016

The only option I had was to watch videos, I could not submit quizzes, which I completed, unless I paid.

What's even the point of having this course as part of Coursera?

Very disappointed. Shame on the University of Maryland, College Park. Will stay away from this school.

By Glenn M

Nov 25, 2016

Not being allowed to submit quizzes without paying for the course - I am withdrawing from the course and any other Coursera courses where this is the policy - I will enrol in other free online course sites where the are "free".

By Stefan W

Nov 06, 2019

access only for payment and overly simple course material. unfortunate