Back to Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution by Duke University

Introduction to Genetics and Evolution is a college-level class being offered simultaneously to new students at Duke University. The course gives interested people a very basic overview of some principles behind these very fundamental areas of biology. We often hear about new "genome sequences," commercial kits that can tell you about your ancestry (including pre-human) from your DNA or disease predispositions, debates about the truth of evolution, why animals behave the way they do, and how people found "genetic evidence for natural selection." This course provides the basic biology you need to understand all of these issues better, tries to clarify some misconceptions, and tries to prepare students for future, more advanced coursework in Biology (and especially evolutionary genetics). No prior coursework is assumed....

AT

I recommend this course for someone who is interested in learning of basics of population genetics and evolutionary processes. Prof. Noor is a very good teacher and I like his explanation of concepts.

YH

Jul 04, 2017

The course is really interesting! I love the way the professor demonstrate genetics theories by countless examples and evidence. And those questions about debates in genetics are thought-provoking!

126 - 150 of 268 Reviews for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

By Geoffrey J

Dec 19, 2015

This course is so informative that I'm doing it for a second time. This is the best Coursera course I've taken.

By Andrei T

Jun 10, 2017

Very nice presentation of the subject. Diverse and very interesting. It was a pleasure to follow this course .

By Duane G

Jul 17, 2020

The instructor is really great. I wish I had been a better student but I did my best. Really a great course.

By Shilpa N

Jul 16, 2020

Its a fantastic course i really enjoyed learning. Dr. Mohamed Noor you are awesome. Thanks for this course.

By Roger P

Apr 22, 2020

This was a superb course and Prof Noor was brilliant in explaining complex material in an understandable way.

By HyunJongKil

Aug 11, 2020

The course is very thorough and instructive. I really enjoyed this course, and the professor is very nice!

By Chandrasekar R

Jun 23, 2020

A very detailed course. I loved Dr. Noor's way of explaining things to us. I feel like I've learnt a lot.

By Spiridonov A

Apr 12, 2020

Really enjoyed this course. So thought provoking, enlightening and even funny! Thank you Dr. Mohamed Noor

By Kaviya K

Sep 29, 2020

It was an wonderful opportunity for me to learn a lot in the field of genetics and evolution. Thank you

By Franz M

Aug 17, 2016

Great course. I had no biology background at all. I learnt a lot. Thank you for making this course.

By Kim H

Jun 11, 2018

This is really good course to understand the main point of Genetics and Evolution in a simple way.

By KEERTHIVASAN A

Sep 02, 2020

Very good with practical approach...

Enjoyed lectures from Dr.Noor.

Regards,

Keerthivasan Anandaraj.

By Leah S

Dec 17, 2018

Thank you! I feel very prepared to take Introduction to Genetics next semester at my college.

By Ant W

Oct 13, 2017

Amazing, amazing, amazing course! Super clear and I've learned so much. Thank you Prof. Noor!

By David M T

Jul 20, 2020

Great Course! Great professor teaching beautifully diverse aspects of evolutionary genetics.

By AUSHINI D

Apr 05, 2020

Sir is very good. He explains everything un details. And his way of teaching is marvelous !

By Paula A B G

Dec 10, 2016

Dr. Noor makes the course and the topics unforgettable, amazing teacher and amazing content

By ZEESHAN A

Jul 02, 2020

The Best course of genetics and evolution .

Typical concepts explained in relatable way.

By Alon D

Sep 16, 2018

Dr. Noor is a gifted teacher, and the exciting topics are presented in an absorbing way.

By Lafni S

Oct 15, 2017

This course is fascinating! I have learned a lot from this. Thank you, Professor Noor!

By sagar g

Sep 25, 2020

One of the best course for students wishing to learn evolution on the basis of genetics

By Cristina G

Jan 07, 2016

The best course I ever took , easy to understand and interesting to follow

By Lee C E

Jun 24, 2018

A very interesting course. The professor was great and explained the concepts well.

By Sara K

Apr 28, 2017

I really did enjoy this course. Teacher is amazing! It was just too hard for me. :)

By James C

Oct 20, 2016

Excellent course. A must take for anyone interested in DNA, Genetics, or Ancestry.