Back to Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution by Duke University

Introduction to Genetics and Evolution is a college-level class being offered simultaneously to new students at Duke University. The course gives interested people a very basic overview of some principles behind these very fundamental areas of biology. We often hear about new "genome sequences," commercial kits that can tell you about your ancestry (including pre-human) from your DNA or disease predispositions, debates about the truth of evolution, why animals behave the way they do, and how people found "genetic evidence for natural selection." This course provides the basic biology you need to understand all of these issues better, tries to clarify some misconceptions, and tries to prepare students for future, more advanced coursework in Biology (and especially evolutionary genetics). No prior coursework is assumed....

AT

I recommend this course for someone who is interested in learning of basics of population genetics and evolutionary processes. Prof. Noor is a very good teacher and I like his explanation of concepts.

YH

Jul 04, 2017

The course is really interesting! I love the way the professor demonstrate genetics theories by countless examples and evidence. And those questions about debates in genetics are thought-provoking!

126 - 150 of 259 Reviews for Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

By Shilpa N

Jul 16, 2020

Its a fantastic course i really enjoyed learning. Dr. Mohamed Noor you are awesome. Thanks for this course.

By Roger P

Apr 22, 2020

This was a superb course and Prof Noor was brilliant in explaining complex material in an understandable way.

By HyunJongKil

Aug 11, 2020

The course is very thorough and instructive. I really enjoyed this course, and the professor is very nice!

By Chandrasekar R

Jun 23, 2020

A very detailed course. I loved Dr. Noor's way of explaining things to us. I feel like I've learnt a lot.

By Spiridonov A

Apr 12, 2020

Really enjoyed this course. So thought provoking, enlightening and even funny! Thank you Dr. Mohamed Noor

By Franz M

Aug 17, 2016

Great course. I had no biology background at all. I learnt a lot. Thank you for making this course.

By Kim H

Jun 11, 2018

This is really good course to understand the main point of Genetics and Evolution in a simple way.

By KEERTHIVASAN A

Sep 02, 2020

Very good with practical approach...

Enjoyed lectures from Dr.Noor.

Regards,

Keerthivasan Anandaraj.

By Leah S

Dec 17, 2018

Thank you! I feel very prepared to take Introduction to Genetics next semester at my college.

By Ant W

Oct 13, 2017

Amazing, amazing, amazing course! Super clear and I've learned so much. Thank you Prof. Noor!

By David M T

Jul 20, 2020

Great Course! Great professor teaching beautifully diverse aspects of evolutionary genetics.

By AUSHINI D

Apr 05, 2020

Sir is very good. He explains everything un details. And his way of teaching is marvelous !

By Paula A B G

Dec 10, 2016

Dr. Noor makes the course and the topics unforgettable, amazing teacher and amazing content

By ZEESHAN A

Jul 02, 2020

The Best course of genetics and evolution .

Typical concepts explained in relatable way.

By Alon D

Sep 16, 2018

Dr. Noor is a gifted teacher, and the exciting topics are presented in an absorbing way.

By Lafni S

Oct 15, 2017

This course is fascinating! I have learned a lot from this. Thank you, Professor Noor!

By Cristina G

Jan 07, 2016

The best course I ever took , easy to understand and interesting to follow

By Lee C E

Jun 24, 2018

A very interesting course. The professor was great and explained the concepts well.

By Sara K

Apr 28, 2017

I really did enjoy this course. Teacher is amazing! It was just too hard for me. :)

By James C

Oct 20, 2016

Excellent course. A must take for anyone interested in DNA, Genetics, or Ancestry.

By Mai S

Aug 18, 2019

Such a pleasure, and very informative. Prof. Noor also has a great sense of humor!

By Adil K

Jul 10, 2017

Insightful and fun. Prof Noor explains complicated concepts simply and concisely.

By Cassandra L W

Jun 16, 2017

Loved it. Very informative. I need more though on genetics and gene variations.

By Qianxun W

May 30, 2018

Prof. Noor makes the evolution easy to understand and apply into our daily life.

By Martín d J I A

Aug 26, 2020

Un excelente curso, me dejó mucho conocimiento y una gran experiencia en línea.