Back to Genomic Data Science Capstone

Genomic Data Science Capstone, Johns Hopkins University

About this Course

In this culminating project, you will deploy the tools and techniques that you've mastered over the course of the specialization. You'll work with a real data set to perform analyses and prepare a report of your findings....

By FA

Jul 24, 2016

Great course! I can't think of a better way of putting together all we learned during the whole specialisation in one real world research project...

By LC

Feb 13, 2017

Excellent set of assignments to apply multiple tools used in the specialization!

10 Reviews

By Thodoris Savvidis

Aug 16, 2018

Good application of the learnt techniques.

By Francia Victoria De Los Reyes

Jan 11, 2018

good way of wrapping up everything we learned in the specialization :)

By David Nohejl

May 11, 2017

Quite time demanding when genomics is not your primary field, but I have learnt so much!

By Chengran Yang

Feb 27, 2017

Really practical project in the genomics field!

By Luis Fernando Rodríguez Caro

Feb 13, 2017

By Shah Md Tamim Kabir

Dec 19, 2016

Very much helpful course. I appreciate it.

By Hao Xu

Nov 20, 2016

By conducting the capstone project, I applied essential concepts and tools to analyse genomic data in order to understand interesting biological processes. The tasks were well designed and explained. The peers in this learning community were ver supportive. After taking this specialization, I feel confident in integrating genomic and transcriptomic data analysis into my plant biological research. THANK YOU!

By Fabio Melo Rosa Amaral

Jul 24, 2016

By Alberto Termanini

Jun 24, 2016

No clear explain about which is the right dataset to be downloaded, no support from instructors about that on discussion forum.

By Jacob Spangler

Jun 06, 2016

The first round of the capstone was separated in time by about 6 months from the initial courses, so the lack of additional material was rough. Otherwise the process was a good real word application of NGS processing.