Back to Genomic Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Genomic Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

In this culminating project, you will deploy the tools and techniques that you've mastered over the course of the specialization. You'll work with a real data set to perform analyses and prepare a report of your findings....

FA
Jul 23, 2016

Great course! I can't think of a better way of putting together all we learned during the whole specialisation in one real world research project...

PS
Dec 19, 2018

An excellent challenge. Previous courses everything was neatly packaged before you start. This course teaches you how to get there.

1 - 20 of 20 Reviews for Genomic Data Science Capstone

By Ajay K

Oct 10, 2020

Update this course content please.

By Ji E S

Oct 28, 2020

Good way to summarize all previous courses and learn practical applications, but the some instructions for each assignments are not very clear and there is no way to get help from instructors or mentors during the course just like every other courses in this whole 'Genomic Data Science Specialization' course. And as all assignments need to be reviewed by your 'peers', you'll find difficulty your works to be graded if there are not many people at the same pace as you.

By Fabio M R A

Jul 24, 2016

By Jacob S

Jun 6, 2016

The first round of the capstone was separated in time by about 6 months from the initial courses, so the lack of additional material was rough. Otherwise the process was a good real word application of NGS processing.

By Alberto T

Jun 24, 2016

No clear explain about which is the right dataset to be downloaded, no support from instructors about that on discussion forum.

By Hao X

Nov 20, 2016

By conducting the capstone project, I applied essential concepts and tools to analyse genomic data in order to understand interesting biological processes. The tasks were well designed and explained. The peers in this learning community were ver supportive. After taking this specialization, I feel confident in integrating genomic and transcriptomic data analysis into my plant biological research. THANK YOU!

By Jian L

Apr 5, 2021

This last course in the Specialization is the best for the learning outcomes. The nature and process of going through this course gives one the real experience of working in this area and solving problems. This course completes the Specialization and a must!

Thank you Jeff and Kasper for designing and including it!

By Paul S

Dec 20, 2018

By David N

May 11, 2017

Quite time demanding when genomics is not your primary field, but I have learnt so much!

By Luis F R C

Feb 13, 2017

Excellent set of assignments to apply multiple tools used in the specialization!

By Francia V D L R

Jan 10, 2018

good way of wrapping up everything we learned in the specialization :)

By Georges A

Dec 14, 2020

Really enjoyed playing freely with these real-life huge sets of data!

By Chengran Y

Feb 27, 2017

Really practical project in the genomics field!

By Thodoris S

Aug 16, 2018

Good application of the learnt techniques.

By Shah M T K

Dec 19, 2016

Very much helpful course. I appreciate it.

By Fawzi Y

Nov 27, 2019

gggggg

By Yassine A R

Aug 25, 2020

good

By Charles W

Mar 7, 2021

I think the course was a useful application for the skills described.

I think there were some points of confusion, but I tended to grade more leniently after the first few peer graded assignments.

You can see the full details for my project (sometimes describing limitations) here: https://github.com/cwarden45/JHU_Coursera_GDS_Capstone

As I am able to do so, I hope to be able to look into this a bit more. So, I think that is helpful for future discussion as well!

By Adrián G R

Mar 3, 2021

The course and the task were good. I also found someone with experience ding the course so I got feedback during the last 2-3 weeks.

By Eder A F L