Back to Getting Started with Google Sheets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Google Sheets by Google Cloud

Google Sheets is a robust, cloud-based application that empowers you to create sophisticated spreadsheets. Whether you are working at your desk—or from your smartphone or tablet on-the-go—Google Sheets helps you organize, analyze, and share your most important data. In this course for Sheets users, you’ll learn how to make your own supercharged spreadsheets. First, you’ll learn how to input and format your data. Next, you’ll learn how formulas, functions and a few exclusive Google Sheets features can accelerate your data analysis. Finally, you’ll get tips for sharing your spreadsheets and collaborating on them with your team. About the Instructor Malia is a tech professional based in Los Angeles who uses G Suite and Google Sheets everyday to manage projects, collaborate with remote teams, and make data-driven decisions....

AM
Jul 12, 2020

I have always worked with Google Sheet, but this course and the instruction explanations made my knowledge about it much better. I'm another person with another knowledge. Thank you so much.

CY
Jan 21, 2020

A nice survey of Google Sheets, what is possible and how to. Should be a relatively easy effort to go through. Learning probably come after the course and repeated use of Google Sheets.

151 - 175 of 215 Reviews for Getting Started with Google Sheets

Nov 5, 2020

cool

By Mr. U A

Sep 26, 2020

good

By Geethamani G

Sep 14, 2020

nice

By Kodavati U

Sep 11, 2020

good

By KESAVAN S

Aug 27, 2020

Nice

By RAKESH P

Aug 5, 2020

GOOD

By neeraj s

Jul 28, 2020

good

By Gaurav T

Jul 27, 2020

good

By Debanjan m

Jul 22, 2020

Best

By P S S

Jul 7, 2020

good

By Subhojit K B

Jun 5, 2020

Good

By venkata t k v

Jun 1, 2020

good

By Sridhar E

Jun 1, 2020

...

By Magdalena M

Jul 24, 2020

I did the free version so I had a few less resources than if you pay. Overall I really liked the instructor, she made things clear and concise. A few things she rushed through that I really had to go back and study to figure out, but overall the editing of the course was clear. One of the answer keys has an error, in week 3, which was upsetting but would have been very upsetting if I'd have paid for it. It taught me many things about Google Sheets but not nearly everything I wanted to know; however, there is so much to learn in Google Sheets that it would be difficult to cover in even five courses. This course was short and I learned lots so it was worth my time, but if you want to gain an extensive knowledge of Google Sheets this isn't the class for you, considering it is very much a beginner level.

By James K

May 8, 2020

Getting started with Google Sheets. She zips through and assumes you have prior experience. There is a steep learning curve if you aren't already fluent in spreadsheets. I was able to follow along well enough as a complete beginner, I was manipulating the data for the most part and even played around by grabbing movie count/actor on my own using =countif( command. Google Forms is something I will most likely be using. Linking a questionaire to a spreadsheet could prove invaluable to anyone.

By Sharon R

Apr 10, 2020

I found this very useful in getting an overview of Sheets and its capabilities. The organization of the course was spot on, and the use of real data (movies!) helped me apply the skills to a data set I didn't have to create. It would be helpful to include a cheat sheet for the syntax of formulas. For example, when creating an "if, then" formula, what does the parenthesis symbol mean and what does the comma symbol mean, etc.

By Michael G

Apr 25, 2020

The course is thorough and a great in-depth, hands-on learning experience. I enjoyed practically all aspects of the course. The one criticism is at times the lecturer spoke a bit too quickly and the screen shots of the google sheets during the lectures were too small to accurately analyze. However, it is a course I heartily recommend.

By Roxanne B

Jul 16, 2020

I just discovered about Google Sheets recently. It made me curious so much to the extent that I am now using it. Maam Malia, thank you so much for sharing us your knowledge & expertise. I've learned many things & discovered new things. Now, I am excited to apply them on my Google Sheet project for our office. Thank you! And more power!

By Kashiraj D G

Jul 22, 2020

Firstly thanks to Coursera, for this wonderful opportunity to learn all about Google sheet.

This course is really helpful for data analysis, handling in very systematically. I recommend that anyone can do this without any peer knowledge . And it's really useful for our daily life also.

By Soha E

Jun 2, 2020

While very useful some parts were tricky if you didn't already know the same function in excel.

I would've liked to see more practices and some files were in cvs which my laptop doesn't recognize.

By Tami O

Apr 4, 2020

The sheet in videos could be closer and darker. Hard to read and follow because they are hard to see. Otherwise the course is a great way to get started with Google sheets.

By Kevin D

Oct 23, 2020

Instructor's level of expertise undeniable. Unbelievable as to google sheets analytical possibilities. Only recommendation is to slow down when navigating cursor.