Back to Geospatial Analysis Project

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Geospatial Analysis Project by University of California, Davis

In this project-based course, you will design and execute a complete GIS-based analysis – from identifying a concept, question or issue you wish to develop, all the way to final data products and maps that you can add to your portfolio. Your completed project will demonstrate your mastery of the content in the GIS Specialization and is broken up into four phases: Milestone 1: Project Proposal - Conceptualize and design your project in the abstract, and write a short proposal that includes the project description, expected data needs, timeline, and how you expect to complete it. Milestone 2: Workflow Design - Develop the analysis workflow for your project, which will typically involve creating at least one core algorithm for processing your data. The model need not be complex or complicated, but it should allow you to analyze spatial data for a new output or to create a new analytical map of some type. Milestone 3: Data Analysis – Obtain and preprocess data, run it through your models or other workflows in order to get your rough data products, and begin creating your final map products and/or analysis. Milestone 4: Web and Print Map Creation – Complete your project by submitting usable and attractive maps and your data and algorithm for peer review and feedback....

MD
Jun 5, 2017

This is an integrated project to go through the knowledge aquired during the entire specialization. I partaked in many MOOCs but this one in GIS has been one of the best I had never taken.

DE
May 29, 2017

Excellent course and excellent specialization! I got new knowledge and great pleasure from studying! Many thanks to Coursera, UC Davis and personally to Nick Santos!

26 - 50 of 66 Reviews for Geospatial Analysis Project

Feb 7, 2019

thanks

By Akhil C

Apr 17, 2019

Presently I am at Milestone-1 of the Geospatial Analysis Project. I am really enjoying this last course of GIS Specialization because we actually are doing a live project with some sort of analysis which requires utilization of all the GIS Skills which we have learned/developed as a result of the 4 certifications in GIS. Overall till now, the experience is amazing. Hope to complete this last course with a lot of learnings in the field of GIS.

By CyrilT. N

Mar 16, 2021

I am very happy I took not just this course but the entire module. Two days ago, I got an offer from the University of Twente to study a MASTER'S GEO-INFORMATION SCIENCE AND EARTH OBSERVATION within 24 hours of applying to the program. The content on my motivation was based on all I have learned throughout the specialization. I strongly recommend this course to anyone who aspires to chase an advanced research degree in GIS-related areas.

By Kirill E

May 31, 2017

These are excellent courses in general, which helps to learn how to work in ArcGis. Also, these courses help people improve their skills and knowledge in GIS. I want to say a big thank you to Courserа, UC Davis and personally to Nick Santos.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Sharif A

Dec 26, 2019

When you search for a specialized GIS course with high skills and techniques on ArcGIS, you will only find this on Coursera. Thank you very much to all in charge people for this course and ofcourse Coursera.

By David C

Nov 5, 2019

Excellent conclusion to the program. This course provided a great opportunity to apply skills learned throughout the program.

By LINDA A L

Aug 14, 2020

@nickrsan is a great teacher who give you all you need to to get started with Geo Spatial Analysis, with ArcGIS. Thank you!

By ARTURO L G N

Apr 29, 2020

In this course, you design your own project and apply different tools and processes you learned in the previous courses.

By Samuel D S

Truly challenging and the right amount of help and support was provided while trying to complete the course.

By Mohamed S M

Feb 22, 2017

this course is fabulous ,working on gis project is an important thing that i have learned from this course

By Juan S Z A

Oct 4, 2020

Un curso muy completo, aprendí a realizar análisis avanzados de información geoespacial, 100% recomendado.

By Joel Z

Aug 28, 2020

Amazing course, amazing instructor. This specialization was just what I needed to get me started in GIS!

By Alexa C

Jan 24, 2020

I like the incremental approach for completing the final project and the clear goals.

By Emeka P O

Jun 26, 2019

A great experience, did learnt a lot, thankful for the opportunity.. Thanks coursera

By Abdirahman M

Dec 2, 2019

This will really give a hands-on pratice on realworld project of your choice.

By Jennifer B

Jun 4, 2017

Great course- perfect synthesis of skills gained throughout the series.

By OGHENEVWEDE E

May 18, 2019

Great course, gave me the opportunity to think and work independently.

By James A B

Oct 28, 2020

Great course. Grades also came back much faster than I expected

By TANANIA K C

Aug 6, 2019

très bon cours pour élabore le projet final de spécialisation.

By Alfredo A

Jan 29, 2021

Excellent, a complete course on GIS and Geospatial Analysis

By Manuel A V S

May 28, 2017

Great course. You cna practice all skills learnt previously

By iliasmax

Jan 9, 2018

Great course. I learned various useful things about GIS.

By Esmaeel A