Back to Fundamentals of GIS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of GIS by University of California, Davis

Explore the world of spatial analysis and cartography with geographic information systems (GIS). In this class you will learn the basics of the industry’s leading software tool, ArcGIS, during four week-long modules: Week 1: Learn how GIS grew from paper maps to the globally integrated electronic software packages of today. You will install ArcGIS on your computer and learn how to use online help to answer technical questions. Week 2: Open up ArcGIS and explore data using ArcMap. Learn the foundational concepts of GIS, how to analyze data, and make your first map. Week 3: Make your own maps! Symbolize data and create an eye-catching final product. Week 4: Share your data and maps and learn to store and organize your data. Take Fundamentals of GIS as a standalone course or as part of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialization. By completing the first class in the Specialization you will gain the skills needed to succeed in the full program. Students who need an ArcGIS license will receive a non-commercial, 1 year student license for participation in this course and specialization....

VM

Oct 05, 2020

I finished the course, I do not know why it indicates to me as if I had not finished\n\nI would like answer, please. My email: vic_vmrm@hotmail.com\n\nWhy don't answer me?\n\nRegards\n\nVictor Ramon

BJ

Dec 28, 2018

the content is awesome. i would recommend it to those who need to have some basic knowledge of GIS. it's very easy to learn the ArcGIS because of the instructions and demos given by the instructor.

251 - 275 of 1,212 Reviews for Fundamentals of GIS

By Alexander W

May 01, 2018

Excellent fundamental course. Easy to follow although Nick does talk a little fast at times, you can always pause and go back. Really fun and interactive way to get started in GIS. Cheers!

By Sam N I

Oct 08, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. Kudos to the team for making the lessons easily understandable even for beginners who just started to explore the world of GIS. Highly recommended course!!!

By Marta M

Apr 26, 2016

Great course! I've learned a lot. All lessons were understandable, professor was excellent, and most important, it was interesting and motivating. Thanks to Coursera and prof. Nick Santos.

By Onur C Y

Aug 26, 2019

It was a very good opportunity to learn GIS. Now, I have an idea about the power of GIS and it was totally fun to complete course quizzes and assignments. I strongly recommend the course!

By Matthew R S

Sep 14, 2017

Great course, excellent pace, very informative. The course instructor is very engaging in the video lectures, and quick to respond in the forum as well. Looking forward to the next course!

By Jaime J J R

Jan 19, 2017

I have learned many things and this is the first course I have complete, I am very glad to have taken this chance and also to let me do the time to try it. Very well produce this course!

By Víctor M R M

Oct 05, 2020

I would like answer, please. My email: vic_vmrm@hotmail.com

Why don't answer me?

Regards

Victor Ramon

By shehzeb a

Dec 01, 2019

I think this was a marvelous introduction to the world of GIS, everything with explained comprehensively and the extra practice material and examples really helped play with the tool.

By Jeffrey D

Feb 17, 2020

The pace was really good and I am happy some of the easy stuff like opening ArcGIS is demonstrated because sometimes easy stuff causes problems in the beginning. Thank you so much!

By Ricardo J F

Apr 08, 2019

Great explanation in each concept, very clear and also is exciting seeing the passion of Nick Santos expressed in his lectures. One can see how much he enjoys what he does. Thanks

By Nicholas F

Oct 11, 2016

Great introductory course for persons who're interested in exploring or re-introducing themselves to Geographic Information Systems - whether in an academic or professional setting!

By ALLAN A C M

Oct 05, 2016

This course is very useful, the foundament topics of GIS allows us to think about all the possibilities that we can represent spatially, and the chance of automatization of this.

By Rachel V

Aug 09, 2020

The course flowed well. It taught the basics very well, and left some self-teaching for the final assignment. It was the perfect amount of challenge to really learn the material.

By George M

Mar 03, 2020

Excellent course. Instructor was knowledgeable and helpful, and the materials were readily available. Thanks to UC Davis, and to ESRI for the free ArcGiS license.

Nicely done!

By Adhish D

Aug 25, 2019

An excellent course by UCDAVIS. Nice mix of Project work, own time work and theory. It really helped in understanding the basics of GIS and am looking forward to the next course.

By Natasha J

Mar 09, 2019

Great course for an introduction into GIS and ARCMAP. Teacher has put a lot of effort into the course and the exercises help to get the basics of ArcMAP. Can highly recommend it.

By khalid m

Aug 18, 2016

Excellent course and delivered in a very professional practical. A very property of the course is that it is short and precise. By the way all courses of Coursera a very precise.

By JAYA S S

Sep 28, 2020

Its a very helpful course offered by the UC Davis. It is a revision as well as chance to learn new concepts of GIS. I will definitely recommend this course to the GIS aspirants.

By Karl H

Nov 19, 2019

Very elaborate. It has little practicality to talk to much about data science cases, SQL as well and so on. I liked the fact that it spent time showing much items within ArcGIS.

By Zaheer A

May 02, 2019

Thank you Cousera and UC Davis for offering such a comprehensive course. This course has strengthened my GIS skill and it will definitely contribute significantly in my carrier.

By Gabriela G B F

May 14, 2019

This course is very engaging and complete. Perfect for beginners. The contents are thorough, but not overly complicated and the book recommended for practicing is very helpful.

By Juliana G d C A

Apr 07, 2018

Extremely good and important course. I really enjoyed to enroll, although for beginners I think that is too much information to absorb at once. Congratulations to all the team.

By بهاء ع ح ع

Feb 14, 2018

Courses of Information Systems Geography and Remote Sensing These beautiful courses have provided me with your help and courses in which you have learned a lot thanks to you

By Cornelia H

Jun 22, 2017

I found this course great to start working with ArcGIS and I feel like I have learned the important basics so that I am well prepared to continue going deeper into the program.

By Luayi S A G

May 23, 2017

This course is very enjoyable from the beginningThe teacher explanation method is very distinctive, and the media used is excellent.The scientific material is also appropriate.