Back to Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World by University of London

The course offers a well-researched and broad-ranging primer to the United Nations system. Consisting of an introduction to the complex UN family and its history, and a series of ‘snapshots’ of key UN functions, which are used to explore important UN themes and help learners develop important analysis, communication, and policy-based skills. The course is aimed broadly at people interested in learning more about the United Nations system, assuming a level of interest but no necessary previous knowledge, whilst also offering offering sufficient up to date research and new critical perspectives that it will also be of interest to people with more expertise or academic familiarity with the topic as well. The main aim of the course is to provide this wide-ranging introduction in a self-contained, but in-depth form, alongside the important practical skills necessary to understand and discuss UN affairs, and potentially lay the groundwork for greater engagement in future – either in civil society or in further study....

RR
Jul 29, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. Some of the recommended reading was no longer accessible and the material was not up to date to 2020. However, it gave a good introduction to the UN and the issues involved.

SP
Aug 20, 2020

Very useful course with valuable inputs. Thank you very much for your efforts and making it available for free. Highly recommend to those who study global diplomacy, UN system and human rights.

26 - 50 of 314 Reviews for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

By Ashhar S

Jul 21, 2020

The most fascinating thing about this course, in my opinion, was how it focused on the singular aspect of the United Nations, and gave us perhaps the most detailed account on this organization

By Mona M

An interesting course. Some really good intervenants (the indian lady in the interviews for example) giving some precise and factual opinions and ideas. However, It is a lot of newspaper articles, there are no actual lessons given by a teacher. Also, some of the content linked are outdated, so the page does exist anymore... It was an interesting course because it opened by up as an introduction to the issues the UN faces today, but I remain slightly disappointed by the content globally.

By William D

May 9, 2020

The course was well delivered as the videos were informative, the reading materials were diverse - giving different perspectives and dimensions. The peer review segment was also a great "skill building session" as you learn how to objectively crique a colleagues work. While some students may not give you as much feedback in their review of your work, reading others' submissions was a useful activity as you get to see how others infuse a new way of thinking in their own assignments.

By BAMBA Y S M

Apr 20, 2020

It was an incredible adventure i never entered before. The peer review helps in the acquisition of global diplomacy skills. It was my first course on Coursera, and indeed i enjoyed its structure and the assessment way. Specially when you learn also or when its reiterate to one that you don't always need to agree first to an idea before you give it a good assessment... Thank you to University of London for all the materials and the sharing of very valuable information...

By Caroline D

Sep 7, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I have learned so much about the way in which countries work together as part of the United Nations. Completing the course has inspired me to continue with my learning and develop the skills and knowledge to further pursue my goal of gaining experience to enhance my career prospects and the establishment of the provision of opportunities in proceeding with additional courses and educational resources.

By Tinyakova E A

Jul 9, 2020

The course "Global Diplomacy:the United Nations in the World" deserves the best mark! It is backgrounded by huge new and important information. I like the distribution of time in learning process. I have copied some materials. It is vey efficient that tasks for peer reviewing came every week. The tasks were well formulated to prepare them. The content of the course is multidisciplinary and pandisciplinary.

By DR. J V M

This is an extraordinary course, it guides us step by step through the history of the United Nations, its members, its functions, its security programs, Human Rights, humanitarian aid, and, above all, achieving peace and world disarmament. I would not hesitate a second to recommend it to anyone interested in acquiring or expanding their knowledge in the field of United Nations policies.

By Alisher T

Nov 2, 2020

I really liked the sources of information and the presentation of knowledge. Unfortunately, when you follow the link, some data has been deleted or some errors appear. I hope the organizers and scientists will pay attention to this. In general, I am very glad that in such a short time I was able to acquire such a huge store of knowledge.

By JUAN C Z G

Oct 21, 2020

Excelente curso, amplió mi conocimiento y perspectivas sobre Naciones Unidas y como es la ruta y horizonte hacia una mejora contínua de esta organización.

Excellent course, it broadened my knowledge and perspectives on the United Nations and how it is the path and horizon toward continuous improvement of this organization.

By Joana F

Jun 11, 2020

This course was very informative and well structured. It provided a great insight into the UN's complex system and provided a wealth of knowledge about the UN and its missions. I recommend this course for everyone that wishes to know more about the UN and specifically who wishes to work within this sector.

By Mohammad O Y

Oct 6, 2020

This course of the United Nations in the modern world, was very beneficial for me. And not just for me I believe that it was a strong success push in everyone's career who did this course as it was for mine. I wish there would be more courses in this field that i could pursue.

Thanks

Mohammad Osman Yousofi

By somo n

Apr 8, 2020

Surelly! let me take this opportinuty to thank all the Coursera Community cause the course i just completed and the certificate i know its going to be of help in one way or the other, Thank you once. Please one thing that i do request is that i want to do another course in "Cyber Security". Thank you.

By Silvas G

Jun 12, 2020

I personally learnt a lot from this course. it is a dignity to study a certification from university of London and its an honor to receive a certification from coursera, i am willing to complete more of courses offered by the aforesaid entities.thank you so much for this opportunity. Dr. Junius Silva

By Akshara A K

With the help of the reading material, getting to listen to different views on a particular topic, the weekly submission deadlines and having the chance to receive reviews as well as give them on submissions, my knowledge surrounding the United Nations and its functioning has improved substantially.

By Dissaux L

Oct 25, 2020

Great course. I really enjoyed the structure of the course, the speakers were great and the assessments very interesting. I would highly recommend following it to other learners! The only little thing to improve could be to make sure that all links for external materials are still available.

By Sabrina

May 22, 2020

Solid foundational course on global diplomacy and the UN's place within this sphere. I learned a lot about the UN's creation and history. Further, I got to see the UN through a more critical lens with regards to its limitations and the challenges it faces. Highly recommend as a good primer.

By Moreen C

Oct 1, 2020

This course offers an in-depth understanding of how the UN operates, also it is structured in a very simple and easy to follow manner ie especially the invitation of different presenters who has an in-depth understanding of the UN systems made is easy to understand the weekly topics

By Hnin T H K

I think it is a great course to get introduced to the United Nations and its implementation of global diplomacy. It might not give you a full picture of the UN. But, it will intellectually stimulate you with different perspectives from different people on the UN and its programs.

By Anne K

Oct 16, 2020

Great course.I have learnt so much and i feel my research writing skills have greatly improved because of this course.I am already putting my skills to use as i wait for the next move in my career

Please advise how i can pay for my certificate

My email is kazunguanne9@gmail.com

By Heike H

Oct 4, 2020

I am happy that I learn so much about the UN, not just general information, but also learning to do a critical thinking on the role of Security Council, How the UN handling human rights issues and humanitarian crises. I am happy that my peers are also helpful and supportive.

By David M

Jul 15, 2020

I observed the international governance challenges of the United National, and now have a better understanding the execution responsibilities of the various Agencies of the UN. I have already applied for my first application with UNDP. I have a new found respect for the UN.

By sunil d

Dec 7, 2020

As an initiation into global diplomacy I found the course very useful and engaging. The reading list and videos were also very good .

I would suggest perhaps a list of additional or supplemental reading7Viewing for those interested in acquiring additional knowledge.

By Srinivasan K

May 6, 2018

Enriching experience. This is best ever format based on my learning experience across Mooc channels.

Unique elements are top minds point of views on various aspects of UN entity and unearthed limitations and challenges of future.

Thank you SOAS faculty members...

By Vidhya P ( K

Feb 25, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed studying the Global Diplomacy: The United Nations In The World course, and appreciated it's online studying program structure, including it's useful content, style of teaching, interaction with other students and knowledgeable lecturers.

By Usubov P A

Dec 16, 2020

I sincerely thank Dr. Dan Plesch and all the hard-working lecturers and valuable participants. The course was perfect. I would like to thank the management and staff of Coursera and the University of London & SOAS University of London for this opportunity.