Back to The Global Financial Crisis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Global Financial Crisis by Yale University

Former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Timothy F. Geithner and Professor Andrew Metrick survey the causes, events, policy responses, and aftermath of the recent global financial crisis....

TS

Apr 09, 2017

Great course indeed. I was following the materials and videos of the crisis for a long time and this course perfectly summarized everthing back by data analysis. Highly recommended to all enthusiasts.

JC

Mar 16, 2018

Excellent course on the GFC, I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to learn more about the crisis. The instructors were very good and took a complex subject and made it very understandable.

26 - 50 of 289 Reviews for The Global Financial Crisis

By Paula L

Apr 18, 2016

This course gave me the big picture understanding that I cherish with just enough detail to support each module.

By Eugene

Aug 14, 2016

Put simply, this course is well put together. Professor Andrew Metrick is an engaging lecturer and the materials assigned are very helpful in understanding the topic.

If i have any recommendations i would suggest for a break down of abbreviations and concepts as i especially struggled given my non-financial background. Also, i still haven't figured out the discussion forum as in my opinion isn't as engaging.

In all, thank you for a brilliant work...still redo and redo this course. :)

By Maarten H

Mar 08, 2016

Very interesting course. Well explained. Some basic banking knowledge might be necessay.

By Ray A C

Dec 18, 2016

Excellent course, great lecturers very knowledgeable of the field. Both Lecturers gave an excellent explanation on their respective stand point on the crisis and how the effects were viewed, one from actually trying to mitigates the effects while the other observed. I will recommend this course to anyone in the banking field and search for similar courses to gain a better understanding.

By 陈香

Sep 25, 2016

首先是慕名而来,其次通过初步了解课程内容,觉得课程架构很紧凑,预期对我的帮助会很大,也很感谢耶鲁大学开办这门课程,受益匪浅。

By Caelyn M

May 29, 2016

This was a great course. It was very well structured and the quizzes after each lecture were useful for quickly catching my own misunderstandings about the material presented. I learned so much from it and it really changed my perspective on the global financial crisis. My only complaint is that there no guidance on where to get supplementary information, either books or articles, on the topic.

By THANUJA S

Apr 09, 2017

By kelevilin k

Jul 18, 2017

this cause has corrected some misconceptions that i had during my work as a bank examiner.. it will assist me in my current role as a risk manager of a significant important financial institution

By Justin R

Jul 23, 2017

The method of instruction and excellent communication of the instructors allowed for me to understand and retain more about this very complex topic than I had imagined I would.

By Arkadiusz Z

Nov 05, 2016

Excellent course.

By 顾颖凡

Jan 07, 2016

fantastic class!!

By William B

Mar 07, 2016

I just started and the course already gives me additional fresh background insights about the origins of the Global Financial Crisis.

By Ilde d

Mar 19, 2016

Great course.

Clear and effective even when facing rather complicated contents. Maybe I would have liked slightly longer lectures

By Bertrand K

Mar 07, 2017

Excellent retrospective course about the global financial crisis and the way it was managed by authorities and institutions. The causes of the crisis are very well described and the professor's viewpoint is

By Alan E

Feb 23, 2016

Sets a high bar for online educational content. The instructors clearly know their subject matter, and are serving a public duty by offering this course online.

By Valeriy

Jan 22, 2016

it is very good course. Thank you for new experiance.

By Neringa B

Mar 03, 2016

The Global Financial Crisis course material is presented in an aesthetic manner where relevant ideas are expressed with clarity and honesty.

By Zenith H

Dec 24, 2016

provides a new perspective into the GFS instead of criticism

By Ryan M

Jan 19, 2016

This course has high quality instruction a

By Alejandro C A

Mar 21, 2016

this curse was very good i learned enghish and financial themes thank you

By Vartika A

Jan 26, 2016

A very nice course!

By francisco G W L

Jul 11, 2016

Un curso muy completo y muy bien explicado. Altamente recomendable.

By Eugenio D

Jun 18, 2016

Very well done in general, with useful materials. The lecturer does a great job of explaining even the hardest mechanisms. Highly recommended!

By Max Z