Back to The Global Financial Crisis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Global Financial Crisis by Yale University

Former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Timothy F. Geithner and Professor Andrew Metrick survey the causes, events, policy responses, and aftermath of the recent global financial crisis....

TS

Apr 09, 2017

Great course indeed. I was following the materials and videos of the crisis for a long time and this course perfectly summarized everthing back by data analysis. Highly recommended to all enthusiasts.

RA

Sep 01, 2018

This course was excellent. The short yet crisp lectures have given me a fair perspective of what came before, during and to an extent after the GFC. I feel I will greatly benefit from this knowledge.

201 - 225 of 290 Reviews for The Global Financial Crisis

By Anuradha V

Aug 01, 2019

Excellent course! I thoroughly enjoyed the course content, which was accessible and insightful. The lecturers did a wonderful job in presenting various aspects of the financial crisis in a seamless manner. Highly recommend this course to future learners.

By Wim S

Aug 04, 2019

This course is build in a great way: the videos are high quality, and the teachers outstanding.

By Borja P O

Jun 07, 2019

All right, the course is very complete and very well structured.

By Megan J

Aug 25, 2019

I loved this course very much

A bit lengthy, but totally worth it

By Lennert O

Jul 13, 2019

Excellent course. Well explained. Very interesting and engaging, even for someone who experienced the Global Financial Crisis from .the front line.

By ARCHIT S

Aug 30, 2019

One of the best courses out there to learn about the GFC of 2007-08 .

By Константин

Jun 15, 2019

Very interesting and useful

By Carlos H d S

Jun 16, 2019

This is a very interesting subject that was covered in a well structured course. Gives a significant background information to understand these type of crisis (from past events) and provides the lessons to be learned. I liked especially the comparison between the crisis in the US with Europe (lasting much longer) and with the Great Depression of the 30's. I feel now that I am much more knowleadgeable in this matter and in economics/finance in general.

By flighting

Sep 19, 2019

It was really helpful to understand the financial crisis over the world in 2008 and following events. Furthermore I got some ideas about how to treat my personal finance and how to deal with very dicey conditions.

By Pooja g

Sep 20, 2019

good initiative to make understand the concept

By Mina H B K

Sep 25, 2019

It is awesome experience for me.

By Clément C

Nov 17, 2019

Top!

By ALEXANDRE J D S

Dec 12, 2019

The course exceeded my expectations. With cohesive content, real examples and perfect didactics, the teachers were able to pass their knowledge clearly and accurately. I feel much more confident in public speaking and presenting my point of view to the various stakeholders.

By Fahad I

Jan 25, 2016

Found course very informative, well organized and well presented

By MITSUTOSHI K

Feb 24, 2019

Great course! I am looking forward to learning a bonus track which Andrew mentioned in the course.

By Tracy V

Oct 02, 2019

loved this course. very interesting!

By BogdanC

Oct 11, 2017

great topic, great presentation, great content ...

By Joshua P

Jul 07, 2016

Excellent, challenging course that exposes you to a variety of causes, responses and effects of the 2007-2009 Great Recession.

By Qi Z

Oct 06, 2019

great course. thanks!

By Shah F

Oct 23, 2019

So far the course has been challenging and very informative too.

By kelevilin k

Jul 18, 2017

this cause has corrected some misconceptions that i had during my work as a bank examiner.. it will assist me in my current role as a risk manager of a significant important financial institution

By Alan E

Feb 23, 2016

Sets a high bar for online educational content. The instructors clearly know their subject matter, and are serving a public duty by offering this course online.

By Yang C

Jun 18, 2016

The awesome course with great insight.

By Aditya h

Dec 25, 2015

Explains thoroughly the cause of the Financial crisis, contagion and prevention. Touches on the Euro zone crisis and the problems with single currency for member nations. The course parallels a documentary but at the same time elucidates on various fragments leading to the crisis

By Carl S

Dec 31, 2017

Excellent broad view of a crisis of confidence in safe assets.