Back to The Challenges of Global Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Challenges of Global Health by Duke University

What are the world’s major health challenges? What contributes to them? What can we do to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities? Whether you are new to Global Health, want to take a refresher course, or want to sample Global Health before undertaking undergraduate or graduate study in the field, The Challenge of Global Health is designed to provide a comprehensive but concise foundation for understanding Global Health problems and solutions. Taught by Dr. David Boyd, an award-winning professor at Duke University’s Global Health Institute (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4xBBzNxVQ), the course combines lectures with videos shot around the world and interviews with some of the world’s foremost Global Health experts....

NS

Oct 31, 2018

WONDERFUL COURSE!!!!! Dr. Boyd is phenomenal. This course was well worth my time and money. It is a great primer for anyone interested in global health. What a brilliant instructor and layout!

CA

Mar 18, 2017

This has been a wonderfully motivating course into the field of Global Health. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to get some appreciation of health on the global scale

1 - 25 of 84 Reviews for The Challenges of Global Health

By Ganapati K

Feb 24, 2019

Excellent course for those who need to get a perspective on health challenges in a globalised world. We may build walls someplace, have barriers with barbed wire, but when it comes to disease, even of the non-communicable kind, we are all in it together.

By EKTA D T

Mar 07, 2019

Dr. Boyd makes learning fun and keeps you engaged as you traverse through the many aspects of Global Health Challenges!

By Maya F

Mar 06, 2019

great course to pursue the passion of understanding global health issues and mapping those

By Leslie C S

Jan 24, 2019

A superb course! Dr. Boyd is the best professor I have ever had. I wish he offered more courses through Coursera; I would take every one. His passion and joy for his work, his understanding of both the big picture and the details, his commitment to making the world a better place for everyone, his strong relationships with other public health thought-leaders, and his ability to distill complex issues and teach in a way that is inspiring and thought-provoking are exceptional. I am sorry to see this course end.

By Chukwuemeka A

By Fatima B

Feb 25, 2018

The course was absolutely wonderful! We took a tour around the world in four weeks. I am almost ready to be a global health advocate. Thanks to Dr. Boyd and his team.

By Barbara B

Sep 30, 2015

It was a great first experience at Coursera. It was incredibly interesting and fun. In Guatemala, where I live, we rarely have the opportunity to have real experts as teachers, even in collage. Here I met some of the experts in a subjet that fascinates me!

By Minal C

Aug 17, 2015

super

By Natalia L M

Oct 22, 2015

This course was my first experience in Cousera an i can say that is really amazing the way Dr. Boyd take us to all his experiences and knowledge. I had the opportunity to met him and i can say hi is a really great person, he gave me some advises about my future carrier and i really appreciate hi take his time to talk to me.

Sincerely Thank you.

Natalia Lancheros

By mustafa s

Mar 18, 2017

great course for a basic understanding of Global health

By Maria T

Nov 24, 2015

A very interesting course. Thank you to all the instructors. Gracias

By Elena K

Nov 10, 2015

Very engaging and informative course! Would highly recommend to those seeking a "101" on Global Health or looking to refresh their understanding of the space. Dr. Boyd is a highly engaging instructor and brings in different forms of instruction to keep the student involved (interviews with public health professionals, on-site investigation of a topic, etc.).

By Emilie Y

Aug 14, 2015

Good range of material covered, interesting lectures, very engaging and enthusiastic professor.

By Balaji N

Nov 16, 2015

i get lot more about health and global issues

By Jenevieve K

Aug 09, 2017

This course was extremely informative and just fun to watch.

By 郭剑

Aug 11, 2017

Open my mind. Thank you!

By Pooja I

Sep 05, 2015

Great insights of cities around the world. All thanks to Professor Boyd, who developed the course in such a way that even if it was a MOOC, it was so interactive. Added bonus were the weekly interviews with experts.

By Albalawi, O M I

Nov 01, 2015

love it

By Kurmanzhan D k

Oct 17, 2016

Great course with a great instructor!

By Noelle J

Oct 18, 2016

Dr. Boyd did an exceptional job at scratching the surface of global health today, and in the future. This course is well organized, easy to follow, and keeps one interested with discussions between colleagues.

By Francisco P

Aug 21, 2015

Excellent course I enjoy it so much Thanks so much

By Ahmad B

Dec 22, 2016

This is an excellent "most do" course for anyone interested in global health and security

By Hamsini R

Jul 31, 2017

Excellent course!

By Zhang K

Oct 21, 2015

So intressting this lecture is and the professor is

By Laura