Back to The Challenges of Global Health

The Challenges of Global Health, Duke University

About this Course

An introduction to key challenges and concepts important to understanding the current status and determinants of global health....

By NS

Oct 31, 2018

WONDERFUL COURSE!!!!! Dr. Boyd is phenomenal. This course was well worth my time and money. It is a great primer for anyone interested in global health. What a brilliant instructor and layout!

By CA

Mar 18, 2017

This has been a wonderfully motivating course into the field of Global Health. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to get some appreciation of health on the global scale

77 Reviews

By EKTA DEEPAK TIRTHANI

Mar 07, 2019

Dr. Boyd makes learning fun and keeps you engaged as you traverse through the many aspects of Global Health Challenges!

By Maya Faiman

Mar 06, 2019

great course to pursue the passion of understanding global health issues and mapping those

By Ganapati Krishnan

Feb 24, 2019

Excellent course for those who need to get a perspective on health challenges in a globalised world. We may build walls someplace, have barriers with barbed wire, but when it comes to disease, even of the non-communicable kind, we are all in it together.

By Leslie Chambers Strohm

Jan 24, 2019

A superb course! Dr. Boyd is the best professor I have ever had. I wish he offered more courses through Coursera; I would take every one. His passion and joy for his work, his understanding of both the big picture and the details, his commitment to making the world a better place for everyone, his strong relationships with other public health thought-leaders, and his ability to distill complex issues and teach in a way that is inspiring and thought-provoking are exceptional. I am sorry to see this course end.

By Dr. Zubair Khalid

Nov 24, 2018

An amazingly organized course by Professor Dr.Boyd. He has summarized the current challenges and the future trends of global health. He has also emphasized the needs and has enlightened my mind about the strategies which are to be plotted to take over these challenges. Thank You Sir!

By Jason Moss

Nov 23, 2018

The course was quite Eurocentric. I also question the extent of the promotion of yields. The long term effects on human health and environmental concerns were not explored.

By Natalie Spritzer

Oct 31, 2018

By Anna Kotula

May 15, 2018

Thank you! It was a great course:)

By Fatima Barnes

Feb 25, 2018

The course was absolutely wonderful! We took a tour around the world in four weeks. I am almost ready to be a global health advocate. Thanks to Dr. Boyd and his team.

By Jonathan Golland

Feb 19, 2018

Informative but boring as hell.