Back to The Challenges of Global Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Challenges of Global Health by Duke University

What are the world’s major health challenges? What contributes to them? What can we do to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities? Whether you are new to Global Health, want to take a refresher course, or want to sample Global Health before undertaking undergraduate or graduate study in the field, The Challenge of Global Health is designed to provide a comprehensive but concise foundation for understanding Global Health problems and solutions. Taught by Dr. David Boyd, an award-winning professor at Duke University’s Global Health Institute (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4xBBzNxVQ), the course combines lectures with videos shot around the world and interviews with some of the world’s foremost Global Health experts....

AN
Sep 5, 2020

This was a very detailed and well structured course. Dr. Boyd gave me a panoramic understanding of Global Health Challenges, the interdependence and complexity of these challenges and their solutions.

BS
Apr 7, 2021

This was one of the best courses I have come across so far. The majority of the appreciation belongs to the instructor-Dr Boyde. He was natural, clear, and creative in keeping the course interesting.

326 - 350 of 374 Reviews for The Challenges of Global Health

Aug 17, 2015

super

By Taozheng Z

Jul 4, 2021

good

By Raju R

Sep 18, 2020

best

By Uma M K

Jul 17, 2020

Good

By Pankaj R

Jul 15, 2020

Good

By PREETHI G

Jun 27, 2020

good

By Fhareza A

Sep 21, 2020

wow

By Juan C A M

Nov 16, 2020

ye

By Jens J

May 16, 2020

This course is an excellent introduction to Global Health and its challenges, just as the name suggests. It covers a variety of health-related issues in all parts of the world, and includes a lot of insight into various stakeholders, individuals and organizations alike. Dr Boyd is a passionate teacher and created fun videos with relevant information that are easy to follow. Interviews with experts from different fields of a global Health make it easy to understand why the course content is relevant to real-world problems.

At times the questions within the videos appear earlier than the content covered by the questions (so it’s hard to answer them without previous knowledge), and sometimes they ask for very specific details from the video that I did not find particularly meaningful. Sometimes that could be a little demotivating, but that didn’t last long as I learned more about this fascinating field.

This course put a lot of my knowledge of various health disorders into a global perspective, something that will surely prove to be useful over the course of my professional future.

By Rachel C

May 13, 2020

Good course. Great professor. Only critique is technical. Questions on quizzes would pop up before the information had been covered. Took a few classes of being in full screen before I realized if you were not in full screen there is a full transcript of the video below it so you can read ahead to that part to answer question (a little tip if you decide to take the class).

By Hema M

Mar 5, 2020

The course content is good and the course is quite time taking as this is for 5 weeks, after going through all the material and lectures it is disappointing to receive a certificate mentioning "non-credited course", I think this statement devalue the whole thing.

For this reason only I have given 4 stars.

By Caroline P

Dec 8, 2020

Very much appreciated the expert opinions being brought in. Fantastic speakers and Dr. Boyd was very engaging. Good introduction to the topic - now looking for more in-depth content and insights.

By Anne M N

Feb 22, 2021

Very Insightful and informative. I learnt numerous new terms in global health. The speakers/visiting specialists were very helpful in terms of providing further understating. Thank you.

By Lauren C

Jun 28, 2020

I wish the interview videos had more interactive content or quizzes or something to make me feel more invested in them. I tended to tune them out, to my own detriment I'm sure.

By Asia M

Apr 20, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned so much and I am grateful and thankful to have gotten the opportunity to take this class. Learned a lot and definitely recommend.

By meet d

Jul 17, 2020

Great informative Course for individuals with very little knowledge of global health. I enjoyed it and learned many things about global challenges. Thank you Dr. Boyd.

By Corinne T H

Oct 2, 2016

Dr. Boyd is very engaging and his graphics are helpful to guide you along. I also love the variety of guest speakers that appear in his class!