Back to The Challenges of Global Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Challenges of Global Health by Duke University

What are the world’s major health challenges? What contributes to them? What can we do to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities? Whether you are new to Global Health, want to take a refresher course, or want to sample Global Health before undertaking undergraduate or graduate study in the field, The Challenge of Global Health is designed to provide a comprehensive but concise foundation for understanding Global Health problems and solutions. Taught by Dr. David Boyd, an award-winning professor at Duke University’s Global Health Institute (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4xBBzNxVQ), the course combines lectures with videos shot around the world and interviews with some of the world’s foremost Global Health experts....

AN
Sep 5, 2020

This was a very detailed and well structured course. Dr. Boyd gave me a panoramic understanding of Global Health Challenges, the interdependence and complexity of these challenges and their solutions.

BS
Apr 7, 2021

This was one of the best courses I have come across so far. The majority of the appreciation belongs to the instructor-Dr Boyde. He was natural, clear, and creative in keeping the course interesting.

326 - 345 of 345 Reviews for The Challenges of Global Health

By Anthony R

Aug 24, 2020

This course is informative and the instructor is engaging.

By 650 Y V

Sep 6, 2020

Very informative and practically useful at the same time.

By Ayuba M B

Jul 5, 2020

I personally enjoyed this course, it was so informative.

By Yash s

May 4, 2020

Best performance by Dr.boyed and team..tysm

By Marco B H L

Jun 20, 2020

thanks

By Mohammad M O R

Oct 26, 2020

good

By Koustav M

Jun 14, 2020

Good

By Carina W

Oct 12, 2015

This class is very insightful for those interested in pursuing any career having to do with global health or traveling. I am not pursuing a career in this field therefore it didn't entirely appeal to me but Professor Boyd is very passionate and knowledgable at what he does!

By Sarah-Kei L

May 13, 2020

A little too beginner-level for me, I think this would've been good for me when I was in high school. Pretty straightforward concepts that are very easy to grasp. Plenty of examples and some interesting insights though.

By Maxine P M

Far too much talking, too many videos, note taking is extremely challenging, no notes as pdf... too many interviews...each module is too time consuming...I hung in as long as I could. This course is not for me.

By NPC-san W

Apr 25, 2020

The Audio in some of the lectures are a bit weak. Some lectures are mildly distracting due to background noise. Overall a good course but some of the segues are distracting

By Jason M

Nov 23, 2018

The course was quite Eurocentric. I also question the extent of the promotion of yields. The long term effects on human health and environmental concerns were not explored.

By dr G P

Feb 7, 2017

The content was potentially interesting but the delivery was slightly below expectations, in my opinion. The topics and discussion could be possibly a bit more factual and focused. It was quite difficult to go through transcripts of interviews because they were interrupted by the interviewer.

By Jonathan G

Feb 19, 2018

Informative but boring as hell.

By Nisamon N

Apr 26, 2020

Why I don’t have Certificate?