Back to The Challenges of Global Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Challenges of Global Health by Duke University

What are the world’s major health challenges? What contributes to them? What can we do to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities? Whether you are new to Global Health, want to take a refresher course, or want to sample Global Health before undertaking undergraduate or graduate study in the field, The Challenge of Global Health is designed to provide a comprehensive but concise foundation for understanding Global Health problems and solutions. Taught by Dr. David Boyd, an award-winning professor at Duke University’s Global Health Institute (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4xBBzNxVQ), the course combines lectures with videos shot around the world and interviews with some of the world’s foremost Global Health experts....

AN
Sep 5, 2020

This was a very detailed and well structured course. Dr. Boyd gave me a panoramic understanding of Global Health Challenges, the interdependence and complexity of these challenges and their solutions.

AI
Aug 23, 2020

It was inspiring, educational, and informative. Dr. Boyd really added a lot of the enthusiasm and energy to the course and I really appreciate him for it. Overall, an amazing intellectual experience.

76 - 100 of 377 Reviews for The Challenges of Global Health

By Kristine M V

Oct 28, 2020

I would like to congratulate Dr. Boyd and the team behind this course. The interactive questions are highly commended. The interview from experts was well done and the overall style and flow of the course makes it very interesting.

By Tan J Y B

Apr 17, 2020

A systematic, insightful and comprehensive course! As an engineering student interested in research, this inspired me to find greater purpose in understanding the wide-ranging impacts that innovation can bring :) Loved this course!

By Nicole S

Sep 30, 2017

Awesome course! I've been working in global health for two years now and I thought this provided a solid foundation for the most important concepts. Dr. Boyd makes the material fun and interesting. Would take part II if it existed!

By Umazum V R

May 16, 2020

The videos and notes underneath were very informative and easy to understand and I believe I have gotten to know the basics and challenges in global health and I'll definitely pursue it as a career choice. Thank you very much

By Nusulah N

Aug 18, 2020

The course is very educative and gave me an insight of global health as i was looking for more information before taking up the course. Prof Boyd was very clear and easy to understand since English isn’t my first language.

Jul 13, 2020

Dr Boyd provided a brilliant array of information to introduce the challenges of public health to those interested in this important topic. I found the interviews with various subject matter experts highly interesting.

By Paula R R

Apr 22, 2020

Really interesting approach to global health, covering a lot of different topics. Dr Boyd is a really good teacher and throughout the course you can meet a lot of interesting researchers and experts in global health.

By Pooja I

Sep 5, 2015

Great insights of cities around the world. All thanks to Professor Boyd, who developed the course in such a way that even if it was a MOOC, it was so interactive. Added bonus were the weekly interviews with experts.

By Islina S Y

Dec 25, 2019

A very engaging and beginner-friendly course in Global Health! The wide array of interviews with Duke faculty broadened my perspectives. Hope to see you in Duke, Dr. Boyd! -- Islina, Duke undergraduate student 2024

By Andriy M

Aug 18, 2016

This course provides information about major global health issues, actors and solutions. I really like lectures of Dr.Boyd and interviews. Thanks for the opportunity to gain new knowledge through the modern tools!

By Noelle J

Oct 17, 2016

Dr. Boyd did an exceptional job at scratching the surface of global health today, and in the future. This course is well organized, easy to follow, and keeps one interested with discussions between colleagues.

By Mohamed E

Dec 23, 2016

A strong challenge and fun, thanks to all supervisors on this course very much .. I would recommend it to enroll in this course and the enormous benefit in the shortest possible time within the elite teachers

By Nicholas C

Dec 18, 2015

Dr Boyd was very engaging throughout the course. His humble nature made for a very relaxing, informal but highly educational learning experience. A great first distant learning experience. Thank you kindly :)

By Eva G G

Nov 2, 2020

Loved this course! Dr. Boyd is a great teacher and makes the course very enjoyable. I truly belive you learn the basics of global health with this course and most importantly how to approach global health.

By Happesica

Aug 15, 2021

I​ really enjoyed this course, it was really worth everything and I learned so many new things. I liked the concept, interviews, quizzes, and all lectures. Thank you so much. It was really great course.

By Patrick

Apr 23, 2017

Excellent course and very interactive despite it being an online course. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to know more about the 'interdependent' global health state we are in. Well done Dr Boyd!

By Arundhati I

Aug 24, 2020

By José A L G

Apr 25, 2020

Excelente Curso, tenia la intención de conocer mas acerca de la salud global y me ayudo e inspiro a seguir estudiando mas cursos como este, muy buen profesor, excelentes explicaciones y videos

By Deanna G

Jul 12, 2021

Amazing lecturer! All of the lectures are fun and engaging, presented in such diverse ways which are all interesting and able to keep students' focus towards the lesson. Totally recommended!

By Guilherme A T F

Jul 1, 2021

Dr Boyd is fantastic! The course is dynamic, and it is even funny to learn. About the concepts, very clear, and the interviews are a must. What a nice way to teach such a complex discipline!

By Dua A K

Dec 5, 2020

Thankyou so much Dr. David Boyd to be our such great mentor. I have learnt about global health issues in a much much better way. TYSM. And i hope this will help me further in my studies too.

By Emelyn L

Sep 29, 2020

love how the lecturer is laidback instead of being monotonous and dry. Knows how to have fun while making us think and apply what we learnt. Really learnt a lot from supplementary interviews

By Lu M

Sep 5, 2020

A wonderful course for someone who has been away from medical field for a long time. Thank you Dr. Boyd and Duke University. Hope to see more health management courses from Duke on Coursera.

By Ngozi N

Oct 28, 2020

Very Informative. The lecturer was knowledge and genuinely interested about the topic. This course has furthered my interest in global health (previously, my focus was on community health).

By Kenechukwu C

Apr 30, 2020

This course opened my eyes to a lot of issues and challenges in the world of global health and it also exposed me to solutions and future recommendations to solutions. Thank you for this.