Back to The Challenges of Global Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Challenges of Global Health by Duke University

What are the world’s major health challenges? What contributes to them? What can we do to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities? Whether you are new to Global Health, want to take a refresher course, or want to sample Global Health before undertaking undergraduate or graduate study in the field, The Challenge of Global Health is designed to provide a comprehensive but concise foundation for understanding Global Health problems and solutions. Taught by Dr. David Boyd, an award-winning professor at Duke University’s Global Health Institute (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4xBBzNxVQ), the course combines lectures with videos shot around the world and interviews with some of the world’s foremost Global Health experts....

AN
Sep 5, 2020

This was a very detailed and well structured course. Dr. Boyd gave me a panoramic understanding of Global Health Challenges, the interdependence and complexity of these challenges and their solutions.

AI
Aug 23, 2020

It was inspiring, educational, and informative. Dr. Boyd really added a lot of the enthusiasm and energy to the course and I really appreciate him for it. Overall, an amazing intellectual experience.

126 - 150 of 375 Reviews for The Challenges of Global Health

By Radhika S

Jun 27, 2021

That's really an interesting course which just not added to my CV but gave me the practical knowledge as much as one can give in the online mode

By Andrea F

May 13, 2020

An eye opener of the reality of the world. Interesting, Excellent professor and a great way to dive into an area of medicine that it is for all.

By Lok M T

Apr 15, 2020

Dr. Boyd put a lot of effort bringing different concepts together to help us understand the challenges of global health. A good course to learn.

By Scott56

Oct 3, 2015

Fantastic course. My only criticism is that the teacher talks too slowly. Fortunately, this is easy to remedy by increasing the speed to 1.5x.

By Daniela R F

Oct 27, 2020

Great course! If i knew i wanted to pursue a career in Public Health this course made me certain that it would be specifically in Global Health

By Donna L

Definitely informative and enjoyable! I am excited to share with my Biology students as much as possible! Thank you, Dr. Boyd and company!

By Laura C

Sep 29, 2021

Excelent course! I am so grateful with Doctor Boyd and Duke University for give such an amazing course. Thank you very much from Colombia.

By Giulia P H

Oct 28, 2020

Dr. David Boyd is incredible. This course is quite complete and well planned. I am happy with all that I learned here. Thank you for that.

By Meghna A

Apr 8, 2020

Dr. Boyd is awesome, shoutout to Max as well. I've done other courses on global health and none of them have been as engaging as this one.

By Abdihakim B O

Oct 2, 2020

I thank to Coursera community how they established these online courses courses and their effort doing these opportunities, many thanks.

I commend Dr.Boyd's impeccable teaching style and his commitment to his work. Kudos also to his colleagues who shared their knowledge.

By Maria G

Feb 16, 2016

I recommend for who wants to get to know a bit more about Global Health and also keep in mind the challenges and the future solutions.

By M T

This course is the most informative and well-rounded global health course I have taken on Coursera, thank you for having me Dr Boyd!

By Fabián F R

Apr 21, 2020

Good course, i learned a lot from a topic that i did not knew (global health) in a very interesting way, Good sources and interviews

By Isabela F

Jan 28, 2021

An amazing course with a GREAT instructor, Dr Boyd. Changed my perspective of global health. I'm really glad that I did this course

By Akshat K

May 23, 2021

What a phenomenal teacher and a person Dr.Boyd is. It was a pleasure to learn from him. Please carry on with the good work Doctor!

By David R

May 4, 2020

The format was terrific. I liked the videos and found the interviews to be interesting and useful. This course flew by for me.

By Hosam M G A

Jul 20, 2020

The course is informative and the lecturers are real pioneers in this specialty of Global Health. I do strongly recommend it.

By Dr N S

Jun 20, 2020

Thanks for wonderful knowledge and information shared with us and definately, this has brainstorm and start thinking process.

By Jennifer B

Apr 24, 2020

Outstanding information, research and communication on the part of the professor. Fascinating course and wonderful content.

By Mario I V G

May 28, 2021

WOW !!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR THIS CHALLENGE , THIS IS THE BEST COURSE TAKE IN MY LIFE , I REALLY WANT TO KNOW YO DOCTOR .

By Gauthami V

Aug 28, 2020

Very informative and interesting session.Dr Boyd is a really nice mentor. I learnt a lot of things which I will not forget

By Ferdinand R

Nov 9, 2020

This was a good introduction to Global Health. The professor's presentations made the subject very interesting to learn.

By abdelrahman s

Jul 15, 2020

i think it's a good course and a good instructor who introduced us the course in an integrative and exciting way, thanks!

By Tan W X T

Interesting content, professor makes it very easy to watch the videos, it is not boring and always keeps me entertained