Back to The Challenges of Global Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Challenges of Global Health by Duke University

What are the world’s major health challenges? What contributes to them? What can we do to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities? Whether you are new to Global Health, want to take a refresher course, or want to sample Global Health before undertaking undergraduate or graduate study in the field, The Challenge of Global Health is designed to provide a comprehensive but concise foundation for understanding Global Health problems and solutions. Taught by Dr. David Boyd, an award-winning professor at Duke University’s Global Health Institute (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4xBBzNxVQ), the course combines lectures with videos shot around the world and interviews with some of the world’s foremost Global Health experts....

AN
Sep 5, 2020

This was a very detailed and well structured course. Dr. Boyd gave me a panoramic understanding of Global Health Challenges, the interdependence and complexity of these challenges and their solutions.

BS
Apr 7, 2021

This was one of the best courses I have come across so far. The majority of the appreciation belongs to the instructor-Dr Boyde. He was natural, clear, and creative in keeping the course interesting.

51 - 75 of 357 Reviews for The Challenges of Global Health

By Janice S L

Aug 4, 2020

Thank you Dr. Boyd for this wonderful course! I like how we were able to hear every interviewee's reason as to why and how they got involved into this field. Through each interviewee, it made me realize that there are several different paths that can help improve global health. Once again, thank you Dr. Boyd!

By prajakta g

Jun 14, 2020

Amazing course. Amazing explanation by Dr. Boyd. i would recommend everyone to take up this wonderful course even if they are are not intrested in the subject. Dr. Boyd would surely make you fall in love with this subject. Thankyou Coursera for giving me opportunity to take up this wonderful course. :)

By Dzintra K

Jun 30, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyable, and eye-opening. I didn't expect it to be so fascinating. What I found most encouraging was that the research unites people from such various backgrounds. (It's exactly what I've been looking for without knowing it.) Global Health unites both, the humanitarian and exact sciences.

By Elizabeth S

Sep 25, 2020

Loved this course offered by Duke! The professor had a great sense of humor making the videos fun to watch. He takes you all over the world in his travels and you feel like friends after the course is completed! I learned so much about Global Health, I am considering taking more courses about it!

By Ellinore W

May 12, 2020

Amazing and comprehensive information and delivery of information. It's more of a 4.5 for me as I wish there were more course material to use for learning the information. Question sheets or something like it. Otherwise, I enjoyed learning very much and Dr Boyd is a very enjoyable person.

By Wissal E O

Sep 17, 2020

Such an inspiring professor! He made me even more determined to make a MPH. The first never-boring online course I have taken so far! Glad I could make it and sas that it had already came to an end. I highly recommend this course, and if DR.Boyd has any other online courses, just do it!

By Dr. Z K

Nov 24, 2018

An amazingly organized course by Professor Dr.Boyd. He has summarized the current challenges and the future trends of global health. He has also emphasized the needs and has enlightened my mind about the strategies which are to be plotted to take over these challenges. Thank You Sir!

By Joel S M

Jul 10, 2020

Definitely the best course I've ever taken in this platform. It was such a pleasure hearing all the great interview Dr. Boyd managed to arrange. The content was extremely well documented and with a first-class professor as Dr. Boyd, nothing more than excellence was received.

By Kazi R B F

Nov 29, 2020

The course is very informative and advanced. Dr. Boyd is a great teacher, I wish we had more teachers like him. As I continued the course I get to know about so many challenges of global health. It was worth my time and attention. Thank you so much for the course.

By shivam y

Apr 22, 2020

Amazing course !! Dr. Boyd a Brilliant academician as well as best lecturer. I loved that I got to know so much from so many doctors and scientists. I recommend this course to everyone for a better understanding of health challenges Worldwide.

Thank you, sir.

By Barbara B

Sep 30, 2015

It was a great first experience at Coursera. It was incredibly interesting and fun. In Guatemala, where I live, we rarely have the opportunity to have real experts as teachers, even in collage. Here I met some of the experts in a subjet that fascinates me!

By Ganapati K

Feb 24, 2019

Excellent course for those who need to get a perspective on health challenges in a globalised world. We may build walls someplace, have barriers with barbed wire, but when it comes to disease, even of the non-communicable kind, we are all in it together.

By Deborah E S

Sep 20, 2015

This course was a great course eye- opener. Packed with a lot of information for each week, one really must spend some quality time to learn everything that the course has to offer. A great course from Duke and Dr. David Boyd. Loved every bit of it.

By SMRITI P

May 9, 2020

Detailed course. Makes you realise how many things might miss our sight. Always important to look beyond the surface. Makes you broaden your perspective and be a more responsible global citizen. The interviews and slide content were the best part.

By Cassandra B

Apr 29, 2020

A great look into the basics of Global Health! The teacher and the interviews with the staff at Duke are fantastic. Fun, inspiring, and informative for people choosing their path in Public Health. Also it would be great for non-academic curiosity!

By Hosea M

Sep 22, 2020

Overall, this was a great class! I was able to learn a lot from it, and this has helped continue to put into perspective the importance of thinking through things globally and with consideration of the interdependence of all the areas of life.

By LAI J H

May 8, 2020

This course is fantastic! It enables me to view global health from various perspectives and understand the interdependence of everything around us. It is indeed an amazing course to understand the fundamentals and challenges of global health!

By Bishwash P

The best version of global health course. Happy to be a part of this very informative course. Short, Compact and covers a lot of important topics as expected. The course is very good for the beginner learners and for the health students.

By Giulia L

Jun 8, 2020

Informative and entertaining introduction to Global Health. I really enjoyed the interviews with the experts in many global health research fields, really gives an idea of how broad the contribution to global health is. Thanks Dr. Boyd!

By Fernando E D A

Jun 8, 2020

Es un curso muy bueno y completo. Claramente no está actualizado con respecto a la pandemia del COVID-19 pero se aprende muchísimo desde muchos puntos de vista: medicina, política, cultura, medio ambiente, ingeniería, tecnología, etc.

By Kristine M V

Oct 28, 2020

I would like to congratulate Dr. Boyd and the team behind this course. The interactive questions are highly commended. The interview from experts was well done and the overall style and flow of the course makes it very interesting.

By Tan J Y B

Apr 17, 2020

A systematic, insightful and comprehensive course! As an engineering student interested in research, this inspired me to find greater purpose in understanding the wide-ranging impacts that innovation can bring :) Loved this course!

By Nicole S

Sep 30, 2017

Awesome course! I've been working in global health for two years now and I thought this provided a solid foundation for the most important concepts. Dr. Boyd makes the material fun and interesting. Would take part II if it existed!

By Umazum V R

May 16, 2020

The videos and notes underneath were very informative and easy to understand and I believe I have gotten to know the basics and challenges in global health and I'll definitely pursue it as a career choice. Thank you very much

By Nusulah N

Aug 18, 2020

The course is very educative and gave me an insight of global health as i was looking for more information before taking up the course. Prof Boyd was very clear and easy to understand since English isn’t my first language.