Back to The Challenges of Global Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Challenges of Global Health by Duke University

What are the world’s major health challenges? What contributes to them? What can we do to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities? Whether you are new to Global Health, want to take a refresher course, or want to sample Global Health before undertaking undergraduate or graduate study in the field, The Challenge of Global Health is designed to provide a comprehensive but concise foundation for understanding Global Health problems and solutions. Taught by Dr. David Boyd, an award-winning professor at Duke University’s Global Health Institute (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4xBBzNxVQ), the course combines lectures with videos shot around the world and interviews with some of the world’s foremost Global Health experts....

AN
Sep 5, 2020

This was a very detailed and well structured course. Dr. Boyd gave me a panoramic understanding of Global Health Challenges, the interdependence and complexity of these challenges and their solutions.

AI
Aug 23, 2020

It was inspiring, educational, and informative. Dr. Boyd really added a lot of the enthusiasm and energy to the course and I really appreciate him for it. Overall, an amazing intellectual experience.

101 - 125 of 374 Reviews for The Challenges of Global Health

By Chelsea P

Jul 13, 2020

Great class from Dr. Boyd and many guest speakers! We went on a "trip" around the globe and saw how countries are impacted by global health decisions. Fantastic course, high quality.

By Stewart C

May 7, 2020

Professor Boyd makes learning about global health fun and exciting. Join him for a journey around the world as you discover the key concepts and challenges in this important field.

By Diana C

Jan 25, 2021

AMAZING class~ I had a lot of things happen this year (as many of us did) so, it was so great to finally complete this!!!! I look forward to taking another class shortly!!

By Abdelrahman M A

May 2, 2020

Amazing course with a lot of topics and beneficial interviews. Video and audio quality can get better other than that I enjoyed every lesson. Thank you so much Dr Boyd.

By MARIA E J C

Jan 14, 2017

It was a wonderful, practical and clear course about Global Health. In my opinión this theme must be included in all the programs of health perssonel (M.D, nurses, etc)

By JOVIN T W L

Jun 21, 2020

Dr Boyd is phenomenal! I really enjoyed this course and he explains all the details super concisely but yet easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this course!

By Fatima B

Feb 24, 2018

The course was absolutely wonderful! We took a tour around the world in four weeks. I am almost ready to be a global health advocate. Thanks to Dr. Boyd and his team.

By Anyse P

Jun 12, 2020

Great course! It certainly raises your interest for global health and one health, its very informative and Dr. Boyd is very engaging. I feel lie I have learn a lot.

By annatasia g

Jul 2, 2020

I thank dr. Boyd and team for teaching us a lot about global health. Highly recommend this course to anyone who needs to fulfill their curiosity on Global Health.

By Elwyn B B J

Apr 19, 2020

Dr. Boyd's lectures are very comprehensive and he integrates experiences from Global Health practitioners which enriches the course content. Thank you! Dr. Boyd.

By Redvers F C

I thoroughly enjoyed this extremely interesting and superbly narrated course and I'd like to thank Coursera for allowing me to study this course free of charge.

By Izuchukwu M O

Apr 13, 2016

Was able to address all necessary areas with relevant evidences.

Excellent learning styles/methods employed by the Prof. made the course even more interesting...

By SADIYA M S

Jul 26, 2020

This is an interesting course. I am an undergraduate student of B.Sc Biology. I really gained alot from this course. I would like to thank all the presenters.

By M E

Jun 1, 2020

I'm so interested in health related subject this is Mooc create opportunity for me to contribute what I'll acquire in future for my country development issue

By Nishanth C

May 1, 2016

A great and all round picture of Global Health. The interviews from diverse healthcare actors are wonderfully designed. Great job Dr.Boyd. Thanks very much.

By Nway E C

Nov 19, 2020

Thank you so much. This is a very informative course. I could learn not only the theoretical approach but also the experiment from expertise. Thanks again.

By Celine T

Nov 26, 2019

This prof is absolutely amazing and his lectures go above and beyond. The content is extremely interesting and I would highly recommend taking this course!

By Louise S

Jul 8, 2020

Dr. Boyd is really fun! Fantastic professor! He included lots of material all over the world in this course. Really helped me dive into global health!

By Kaushal P

Aug 28, 2015

its totally worth it! am glad i did it and would recommend the same to everyone interested in understand the health issues in global basis. good luck!

By Md. R H

Apr 9, 2020

All thanks to Dr. Boyd. Sir, you made the whole course fascinating and that really helped me out to understand the whole thing, again thank you, Sir.

By Dr. A P I

Nov 24, 2020

i found this course very informational. The format,presentation, and content was excellent. A big thank you to the faculty especially to prof Byod.

By Azajul I N

Apr 2, 2020

Awesome. This course nicely explained the strategies of the challenges of global health. I'm delighted with the content of this course. Thank you.

By Ebtehal A M

Oct 23, 2019

I would thank Dr. Boyd and all guests who give us a heavy meal of science merged with know how of implementation basics of global health concepts.

By Praneetha P

Jun 18, 2020

Very informative and engaging, Loved this course and would highly recommend it for people who are planning to begin their career in Global Health

By Radhika S

Jun 27, 2021

That's really an interesting course which just not added to my CV but gave me the practical knowledge as much as one can give in the online mode