Back to How Google does Machine Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Google does Machine Learning by Google Cloud

What is machine learning, and what kinds of problems can it solve? Google thinks about machine learning slightly differently -- of being about logic, rather than just data. We talk about why such a framing is useful for data scientists when thinking about building a pipeline of machine learning models. Then, we discuss the five phases of converting a candidate use case to be driven by machine learning, and consider why it is important the phases not be skipped. We end with a recognition of the biases that machine learning can amplify and how to recognize this. >>> By enrolling in this specialization you agree to the Qwiklabs Terms of Service as set out in the FAQ and located at: https://qwiklabs.com/terms_of_service <<<...

JT

Nov 06, 2018

Great to know how to do machine learning in scale and to know the common pitfalls people may fall into while doing ML. Provides great hands-on training on GCP and get to know various API's GCP offers.

PB

Mar 21, 2019

Really easy with all instruction.I didnt feel bored at any point gave me the basic idea of what is machine learning and how easy google made API's and cloud platform for machine learning\n\nThank you

701 - 725 of 738 Reviews for How Google does Machine Learning

Dec 26, 2019

Neutral

By Tất T V

Jul 25, 2018

good

By JDBus W

Mar 10, 2019

Feels a lot more like marketing, more than learning any actual ML. This is followed by some _very_ brief code tutorials for using Google's own well established ML models via REST API, which still feels more like a product demo than actually learning anything. Hitting a rest API isn't hard - although I feel like it's harder using the Python libraries you've chosen than making HTTP requests directly.

Either way, this doesn't teach any actual ML skills.

By vic c

Nov 03, 2018

There is some good stuff here but I feel that I spent a majority of my time learning things that will be obsolete in a month. The labs were a disaster! I kept losing the server and often needed to define keys and obscure resources. This is NOT how I want to spend my time.

By Juan J V

Oct 25, 2018

It is tedious to have so many short videos, and only have the speakers face to see. A whiteboard approach with clearer explanations of what they're talking about would be much better. We need to connect the dots, not just listen to someone talking.

By Viktor L

May 10, 2018

Should've seen it coming. WAY to focused on Google's product offering and political agenda. Nothing wrong with neither but when I'm learning something I don't like the feeling of being force fed something.

By Shashank G

Feb 20, 2019

completely understood within a week. one of the best certifications i have had on coursera. recieved no certification whatsoever. utterly disappointed.

By Yusra

Aug 20, 2018

The course is very basic and targeted to people with no Machine Learning background. It basically shows how to get started with Google Cloud Platform.

By Peter M

Sep 30, 2018

This is pretty much the quality of an enterprise level training, not what I was expecting from google

By Peter K

Jan 25, 2019

Good instructors but very basic course. Can't believe this is marked for intermediate level.

By Kevin D B

Oct 03, 2019

Lots of jargon and brushing over the actual implementation part of it.

By William K

Aug 10, 2018

Way too simple. No coding required.

By XINQI

Apr 22, 2019

Almost useless for engineers

By Stoyan S

Aug 19, 2018

This is by far the worse course I've ever had - the videos are too many and the majority of them are too short. There are like 5 different lecturers for a bunch of 2 minute long videos which is unnecessary. The lab exercises were boring and not challenging. Overall I think I could have learned more by reading 1-2 blog posts. I hope the rest of the courses from this specialization are better organized, more interesting and challenging.

By Alex T

Sep 13, 2018

On my last lab the SSH hung up and I closed the lab and started a new one. I did not get to finish the lab and I got a certificate for completing the course and the lab. Hey, the machine learning should see that I did not get through the lab! This is an instant diploma mill for not finishing the homework and getting certificate. This certificate makes my other completed certificate looks bad.

By Dirk K

Aug 24, 2018

The videos are ok, the "Labs" are really bad. You just follow instructions with code to copy into the notebook. Of course, you can play a bit with the code, but you don't really learn how to do it yourself when the correct answer is already filled in. Would not recommend.

By Amjad A T

Jan 04, 2020

This is not a course! It is just an ad to Google services. One does not even have access to the rest of the courses in the specialization without paying.

So You have to pay in order to learn how to pay for Google Cloud APIs.

By Vineet

Jul 20, 2019

This was more onto Google's marketing than being focused on the course contents. Qwiklabs are not working and I ran out of quota time as Qwiklabs was facing problem. Eventually could not complete labs.!

Too bad!

By Arman A

Apr 11, 2019

Pros: Tensorflow is an excellent framework for deep learning

Cons :

1- The way this material is designed is 10 X SHIT

2- Either teach properly or don't teach at all.

By Kaiquan M

Sep 17, 2018

Google Qwiklabs had problems at times and steps to troubleshoot such problems were not covered in the tutorials. There was also no primer material on the code.

By Alolaywi A S

Jul 21, 2019

I am not able to complete the course because the lab is not available on qwiklabs and I need to gain certification for the course

Thanks