Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

KG

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

51 - 75 of 2,325 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Sabina A

Feb 11, 2019

A very clear step by step learning module.

By Khawla A

Feb 22, 2019

An amazing experience

By Harry

Feb 24, 2019

I love it, useful and productive course

By Amr s z

Feb 24, 2019

I need to to thanks all teachers in this course.

By Ahmed E A H

Feb 24, 2019

useful course.I highly recommend it .

By María C M

Feb 24, 2019

Great opportunity to learn more.

By Francy M

Feb 24, 2019

I remembered things I had forgot, and I also learn grammar tips that were new for me.

By Eisa M S A M

Feb 25, 2019

Great way of learning and easy!

By Ana R

Feb 24, 2019

Excellent course, easy to follow, objective was clearly defined. All the lessons were easy to grasp, succinctly explained and nicely reinforced by user friendly quizzes. Highly recommend!

By Md. A

Feb 14, 2019

This course is really important for us to write a sentence correctly. Feeling proud to be a student of this course.

By Esraa F

Feb 15, 2019

thank you for this course.

By Mohamed s

Feb 14, 2019

This course is help me so much

By Muhamad H W

Feb 17, 2019

Dear Coursera community,

I am writing to thank you about this lovely course that I have just finished. When I started this course I had a plan to work on certain ideas to improve my writing skill, and it was all covered through this great course.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Muhamad Hisham Wafaee

By Arquam E

Feb 16, 2019

It's a very helpful course to understand the correct uses of tenses and commas, I learned a lot of new things. The skills you will learn through this course will, surely, help you in improving your writing skills. I would recommend it to the beginners and to those who needs a polish in their writing skills.

By 张舒益

Feb 16, 2019

i have learnt quite a lot about punctuation ristrictions of writing through this course.

By Nuzhat A S

Feb 16, 2019

I learned about verb and conjunctions. Commas, compound sentences, and conjunctive adverbs to use as transitions, three types of compound sentences and more punctuation thank you so much for helping me.

By Abdullah J

By Zafar I

thanks you very much.

By Jamil A

Feb 16, 2019

Great course. learned new things.

By Marisel G R

Feb 26, 2019

The course has excellent review , exercises and practice opportunity. I strongly recommended.

By anjali G

Feb 26, 2019

Best course ever on academic writing.

By Gaafar M A A

Feb 26, 2019

It's a great course. It helps you to develop your skills well.

By Suzete M D

Feb 26, 2019

Você Aprende a escrever !

By Thungayya S A

Feb 27, 2019

Fantastic Course. Loved it.

By Zachary E

Mar 01, 2019

Excellent course design and easy to follow. Instructors are very clear.