Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

R

Oct 09, 2017

Hi, Learn the basic of the English grammar and the rules on writing, which so important to writing. Enjoyed and learn so much that will help overcome fear writing.\n\nThank You, Again\n\nRobert Perea

KG

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

51 - 75 of 2,308 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Zafar I

thanks you very much.

By Esraa F

Feb 15, 2019

thank you for this course.

By Arquam E

Feb 16, 2019

It's a very helpful course to understand the correct uses of tenses and commas, I learned a lot of new things. The skills you will learn through this course will, surely, help you in improving your writing skills. I would recommend it to the beginners and to those who needs a polish in their writing skills.

By Jamil A

Feb 16, 2019

Great course. learned new things.

By 张舒益

Feb 16, 2019

i have learnt quite a lot about punctuation ristrictions of writing through this course.

By Nuzhat A S

Feb 16, 2019

I learned about verb and conjunctions. Commas, compound sentences, and conjunctive adverbs to use as transitions, three types of compound sentences and more punctuation thank you so much for helping me.

By Mohamed s

Feb 14, 2019

This course is help me so much

By Muhamad H W

Feb 17, 2019

Dear Coursera community,

I am writing to thank you about this lovely course that I have just finished. When I started this course I had a plan to work on certain ideas to improve my writing skill, and it was all covered through this great course.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Muhamad Hisham Wafaee

By Hasan A A

Jan 22, 2019

Amazing course

By Yulia P

Feb 18, 2019

Learnt a lot during this course. Thank you

By Sara A E Y

Feb 06, 2019

Excellent training course I enjoyed the time spent listening to the lessons

Much benefited

By Nageeb Y R A

Feb 07, 2019

Amazing, I like this course so much. It learns me many thing that I was confused before.I recommended this course so much

By RAMPRASAD P S

Feb 07, 2019

By Richard A

Feb 20, 2019

I enjoyed this class, and learned more about proper grammar and punctuation. This course is suited for both the first time learner and someone who only needs a refresher.

By Satadru S

Feb 21, 2019

Professionally speaking, this course has expanded my knowledge.

Feb 22, 2019

Un excelente curso introductorio. Lecciones cortas, pero precisas sobre la información que se desea dar.

By Harry

Feb 24, 2019

I love it, useful and productive course

By María C M

Feb 24, 2019

Great opportunity to learn more.

By Khawla A

Feb 22, 2019

An amazing experience

By Amr s z

Feb 24, 2019

I need to to thanks all teachers in this course.

By Ahmed E A H

Feb 24, 2019

useful course.I highly recommend it .

By Ana R

Feb 24, 2019

Excellent course, easy to follow, objective was clearly defined. All the lessons were easy to grasp, succinctly explained and nicely reinforced by user friendly quizzes. Highly recommend!

By Francy M

Feb 24, 2019

I remembered things I had forgot, and I also learn grammar tips that were new for me.

By Eisa M S A M

Feb 25, 2019

Great way of learning and easy!

By Claudia M