Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

KG

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

151 - 175 of 2,307 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Peter K

Aug 08, 2018

Great overview / refresher on basic grammar rules and sentence structure! Recommend this to anyone that hasn't taken a writing class since high school.

By Leonardo D

Jul 18, 2018

Awesome!

Really a wonderfull basis.

By Basma H A

Aug 11, 2018

This course is really amazing and beneficial

By ibrahim

Aug 11, 2018

perfect

By Salem Z

Aug 12, 2018

Excellent course to get a quick refresh of the grammar and punctuation

By Mohamed E

Aug 12, 2018

i enjoyed it a lot.

it is very helpful.

By Brian M

Aug 14, 2018

The course, though it was slightly short, was very educative and fun to learn. I have learnt alot, thanks to the lecturer, who was very helpful throughout the course.

By Safaa M M B

Aug 14, 2018

By Mohammad H

Aug 15, 2018

Great course, I have learned a lot with this course.

By O E A E

Jul 19, 2018

very good

By Riyam H T

Jul 18, 2018

good course , thank you .

By Gabriela C

Jul 22, 2018

I learned a lot about the type of sentences, use of adverbs, transitional words and punctuation!!!!!

By Kareem E E

Sep 03, 2018

One of the best courses I have studied through Coursera Platform.

By andrew r

Sep 01, 2018

awesome course it's really helps me to gain more skills to my english knowledge

By Jerome H

Aug 22, 2018

This is a very good course especially to those who would like to hone their writing prowess. Thank you for this MOOC!

By Hira F

Aug 21, 2018

I am about to complete this course, and I'm very satisfied with the instructor. Every lecture is so concise and contains quality material. I would definitely suggest this course to anyone who is not good with punctuation.

By Ha H V

Aug 22, 2018

The course is effective in guiding participants on how to punctuate correctly and differentiate between different type of sentences.

By Niky

Sep 04, 2018

Great course.

By Mher

Sep 04, 2018

It was very productive

By Victor D M H

Aug 24, 2018

Highly recommended, I speak good english, but need to learn the grammar rules that I procacinated on learning in high school.

By mahmoud m e

Aug 24, 2018

it is very nice

By Dipendra B

Aug 27, 2018

This is one of the best way to boost your English skills.

By Anastasia S

Sep 10, 2018

Very useful!

By Stephanie S

Oct 09, 2018

Good course to refresh or just understand the basics of English punctuation and grammar.

By ankush `

Oct 12, 2018

What an amazing course, I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking to improve their writing skills. This course will not only enhance your written communication but also will boost your confidence. In order to do best in verbs, punctuation, and sentences, you can enroll in this course blindly.

Subsequently, individuals have to complete the assignments, which are part of the curriculum, with full dedication, and they have to spend some time on a regular basis to get the best out of this course.

I wish all the best to everyone for their future endeavors.

PS-If any mistakes in the above sentences, please let me know.