Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

MH
Nov 5, 2020

The course was so fascinating and it deserves everybody's time and effort. I have really enjoyed it and will confidently recommend it to anyone who is looking for a course on grammar and punctuations.

OI
Jul 2, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

201 - 225 of 4,803 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Deandra C

Dec 4, 2018

This was extremely helpful, and I have already applied the things that I learned in this class. Not only have I used the grammar and punctuation at work, but I have also used it in my personal writing projects. It was a wonderful refresher for me.

By Concepcion C L

Oct 10, 2020

This course helped me a lot in my grammar and communication skills. I have reviewed my knowledge in all of the verb tenses, commas and punctuations, parallel structure sentences, and sentences variety. Thanks to my professors! Thank you Coursera!

By Rajat S P

Oct 2, 2020

Mostly, in this course, I have learned a lot in improving my writing skills, yet the communication skills, too. I would surely recommend everyone who are keening to improve their writing skills at a beginner level; this is going to work for sure.

By Nazokat

Aug 26, 2020

Hi. I liked this cours. I learnt more important things at this cours. And I would continue other courses. But I fogot my password, thats why send me sertificate (Grammar and Punctuation) other my email, please. This is mine. naglamova82@gmail.com

By Jaime t c

Jul 20, 2020

I must say that, I'm different person now in terms of writing and punctuation.

This course was very useful, and I want to thanks teachers and all the students because they helped me a lot.

Honestly, this was one of the best experience in my life.

By Maja M

Dec 26, 2015

Really great couse! I recmmend it to everyone having some grounds in grammar but needing to improve the knowledge. I have never met with such a simple yet clearifying explanations and now I dont find right use of complex tenses so hard as before!

By Mahamud H

Nov 6, 2015

It was a great experience being a part of this course. It helped me a lot to review and learn what I needed the most. I would boastly recommend this course to the people who want to brush up their grammar and punctuation for better communication.

By AKINNUSI S

Sep 5, 2019

I want to use this opportunity to thank Coursera for giving me this grace to improve my grammar and punctuation skills. I have really gained a lot from this course, and I will be moving forward with a new specialization in the English language.

By EDUARDO L C

Aug 25, 2020

I love the way this course helped me to gain confidence and accuracy in the grammar and punctuation field. Now I feel that my writing skills are improved, just by understanding how to correctly use commas, semicolons, adverbs, and transitions.

By Akshaya S

Oct 2, 2020

It was really enjoyable taking this course. I could grasp the grammatical concepts and is helpful to make my grammar move towards perfection; though it is just a start for me - long way to go! I thank the instructor for this course structure.

By Vidya S

Sep 2, 2020

I have really improved my writing skills. This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs. ... Enjoyed and learnt so much that will help overcome fear writing.

By Rabab K

Feb 25, 2018

It was a great course. I know now everything about punctuation and the different types of sentence. In addition to that, I had a quick view on how to improve my writing. I found very clear, well-organized, and easy to follow as well. Thanks.

By Hakan E K

Dec 7, 2016

I really appreciated for all your effort to created this classroom.This class helped me so much;in addition to this experience I am also very happy to attend your classroom.I have upgraded my confidence since I started to take this classroom.

By Mohamed L

Oct 3, 2020

I have done this course. I can say that I recommend it to everyone, it does help you with the grammar, punctuation and rules to embark on the journey toward better writing. I am hoping that this review will convince you to do so. Good luck !

By Lidiia S

May 7, 2020

I like the course because I've never studied English punctuation before. Furthermore, I think now it will be easier to write essays. My texts earlier seemed like 'I am Groot. I a m G r o o t', but I hope since now, it will be better. Thanks!

By Mariam A

Jun 10, 2018

This course is a good introductory to grammar and punctuation basics. There is so much focus on commas which is so helpful as well as the different types of sentences, so it forms a good base if you want to do more advanced grammar later on.

By Dr. U P

it is a great course - very well designed. I learnt many new things that I did not know. This course has improved my knowledge about punctuation marks, sentence types and many more. I would surely recommend others to enrol for this course.

By Pattita N

May 16, 2020

it was very helpful, and i understand about how to use punctuation, and grammer a lot better than before! To be honest, I am impressed, and i highly recommend if you are hesitant joining this course. Trust me you won't regret even a bit!

By Sophia B

Apr 14, 2020

This course was so helpful for me. Coursera explained things in an easy way that taught the basic but essential rules when it comes to grammar and punctuation. Learning these things will help me in college and future jobs, I just know it.

By 宾酱

Jan 15, 2018

It`s a nice class, the fellow students give me much useful advice, and the comments under my first class instruction really moved me. Also, I have learned many important grammar points that I didn`t notice as real as I do in this lesson.

By Angeles R

Jan 9, 2016

Very clear and useful information. I already enrolled to the following course within the specialisation. the only thing is that would love to be able to download and ebook, or something similar with the information provided on the course.

By Mohammad u

Jul 30, 2020

This is the best to get started with punctuation and grammar. It is short and precise. They provide all the necessary resources required also additional resources for you to improve and get better at it. Definitely recommend this course.

By Christian R B C

This course is awesome. You can learn a lot of grammar and punctuation topics. Additionally, the professors explain everything really well, and the activities and quizzes are interesting and easy-understanding. I recommend it completely.

By tria p

Apr 27, 2016

really nice and good can be learn in this course, l studied many words that known about grammar and punctuation in English language. assignment of this course is helping me to improve my language. the lecture look at good and friendly..

By Daryl B

Nov 21, 2017

This is course is so easy yet helpful. I learned a lot from the different videos and practices. I will surely recommend this to my peers, because it is not only educational but also fun to take. Thank you to all who made this possible.